Author Topic: Drake - "Back To Back" (Meek Mill Diss)  (Read 2315 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Drake - "Back To Back" (Meek Mill Diss)
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2015, 11:38:53 AM »
is ice cube no longer respected as an emcee because short khop used to ghostwrite for him?

is nas no longer respected as an emcee because large professor admitted he would edit his rhymes?

is ghostface no longer a respected emcee because he admitted raekwon wrote some of his rhymes?

snoop, eazy, and cube still one of the top west coast rappers ever.

no one cares, mdoggy...u doin too much.

As I said, depends on their lane. Cube wrote all of NWA except Ren and his early solo stuff which was considered his best stuff. The stuff written by Short Khop is when he already was a Hollywood star. So no one counts that against Cube. He was a boss. He wrote checks.

Editting rhymes, like Nas, Snoop, that has never been looked down. Early Snoop could freestyle his ass off, and early Nas was crazy at writing rhymes. Besides, when Nas went solo, it was all Nas. That's what counts.

I've never seen Ghostface in anyone's top 10, 25, or 50. Method Man penned his biggest single ever. I've seen Method Man in many people's top 10, but never Ghostface. And that's okay. I love Ghostface.

One thing I will say, I did put Snoop in my top 15 many times I've listed my top 15, which "Real Hip-Hop Heads" on here got mad at me. So I'm with you Sccit on that. I usually only look at Death Row Snoop, because that's when he wrote his shit and Kurupt and him traded bars. I think that's the difference. Your bars don't have to be all yours, but you have to have some part in writing it.

You can go case by case, but at the end of the day, fans don't care. Fans only care if the song is good. Drake is in the same lane as Ma$e, Wyclef, Ol' DB, and others who are entertainers. He's a singer who just happens to rap. Nothing wrong with that. The fans don't care, I don't care, I'm not sure why you are trying to make it out like I care. It's like, I never had Drake in my top 25 MC's of all time, so this really does nothing.

CORREA

« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2015, 12:07:58 PM »
where as you can compare Meek to J. Cole or Kendrick (even if they're obviously better) since they are their own artist

that is pure disrespect roach man belongs in the garbage section J. Cole or Kendrick will end him in one song

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2015, 12:23:39 PM »
where as you can compare Meek to J. Cole or Kendrick (even if they're obviously better) since they are their own artist

that is pure disrespect roach man belongs in the garbage section J. Cole or Kendrick will end him in one song

J. Cole and Kendrick are basically the top two dudes of this generation of rappers. Like my boy said, Cole and K Dot are the only ones today that are NBA All Stars, everyone else is playing NCAA ball and Drake is in the tourny and Meek is D-III. But no one is good enough for the league today.

CORREA

« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2015, 12:31:45 PM »

J. Cole and Kendrick are basically the top two dudes of this generation of rappers. Like my boy said, Cole and K Dot are the only ones today that are NBA All Stars, everyone else is playing NCAA ball and Drake is in the tourny and Meek is D-III. But no one is good enough for the league today.

there are others that can make the team they just missing somethings

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2015, 12:33:55 PM »

Yeah, a couple almost ready to get drafted in the league, Wale is missing something, Big Sean is something. But yeah.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 12:36:36 PM by M Dogg™ »

CORREA

« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2015, 12:52:30 PM »

Yeah, a couple almost ready to get drafted in the league, Wale is missing something, Big Sean is something. But yeah.

wale lol
big sean maybe i lost all respect for him after control but right now hes not ready
meek tried to make the big time but due to permanent injury he might not come back ;D
drake as much as i dislike him he prob belongs in the all star team
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 12:55:48 PM by the relavant one »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2015, 01:37:31 PM »

wale lol
big sean maybe i lost all respect for him after control but right now hes not ready
meek tried to make the big time but due to permanent injury he might not come back ;D
drake as much as i dislike him he prob belongs in the all star team

Wale just bores me. I mean, I know he is has bars, but he just bores the hell out of me. I can't get through his whole album without wanting to fall asleep. I don't know what it is.

Big Sean, he's nice, but his awareness rating would be way down. Like, he can't make the moves of a big time player.

Drake, I think he might get drafted... LOL. He's like Christian Laettner. He has all the tools to be the greatest college basketball player ever, but he doesn't have the tools to make it to the big time. But man, Drake is Christian Laettner at Duke. Everyone hates him, but you can't deny him. He even got to play with the Dream Team when he works with Jay-Z and those legends.

Sccit

« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2015, 03:04:24 PM »
is ice cube no longer respected as an emcee because short khop used to ghostwrite for him?

is nas no longer respected as an emcee because large professor admitted he would edit his rhymes?

is ghostface no longer a respected emcee because he admitted raekwon wrote some of his rhymes?

As I said, depends on their lane. Cube wrote all of NWA except Ren and his early solo stuff which was considered his best stuff. The stuff written by Short Khop is when he already was a Hollywood star. So no one counts that against Cube. He was a boss. He wrote checks.

Editting rhymes, like Nas, Snoop, that has never been looked down. Early Snoop could freestyle his ass off, and early Nas was crazy at writing rhymes. Besides, when Nas went solo, it was all Nas. That's what counts.

I've never seen Ghostface in anyone's top 10, 25, or 50. Method Man penned his biggest single ever. I've seen Method Man in many people's top 10, but never Ghostface. And that's okay. I love Ghostface.

One thing I will say, I did put Snoop in my top 15 many times I've listed my top 15, which "Real Hip-Hop Heads" on here got mad at me. So I'm with you Sccit on that. I usually only look at Death Row Snoop, because that's when he wrote his shit and Kurupt and him traded bars. I think that's the difference. Your bars don't have to be all yours, but you have to have some part in writing it.

You can go case by case, but at the end of the day, fans don't care. Fans only care if the song is good. Drake is in the same lane as Ma$e, Wyclef, Ol' DB, and others who are entertainers. He's a singer who just happens to rap. Nothing wrong with that. The fans don't care, I don't care, I'm not sure why you are trying to make it out like I care. It's like, I never had Drake in my top 25 MC's of all time, so this really does nothing.

Im starting to think you're not a real hip hop head... No offense, I like you, but just sayin.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2015, 05:52:48 PM »

Im starting to think you're not a real hip hop head... No offense, I like you, but just sayin.

All these years and you think I'm not a real hip-hop head? LMFAO!

Sccit

« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2015, 06:23:15 PM »

I know personally that many east coast heads got ghost in their top 5 ... N u just spoke on him like he was warren g on the mic .. Caught me off guard

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2015, 07:16:27 PM »

I know personally that many east coast heads got ghost in their top 5 ... N u just spoke on him like he was warren g on the mic .. Caught me off guard

Oh, don't get it twisted, I love Ghostface. But when I put a list together I rank other members of the Wu over him, namely Method Man, Raekwon and GZA. You add all the other rappers and I've never had him in my top 25, even before he admitted to ghostwriters. But Ghost is nice, I bought his physical CD's and bump them everywhere. Amazing voice and his first album was a near classic. And yeah, I wouldn't compare him to Warren, Warren is very clumsy on the mic. Ghost is like the Wu's Ma$e. Dude was amazing, can write for others (Ma$e even ghostwrote Big L songs) as well as had songs written for him. I just never had him in my top 25 mainly because he was always overshadowed by others in the Wu.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2015, 08:29:31 PM »

I don't personally care much for who wrote what for who and who wrote it themselves. Its what you're [raised for. Its like Whitney not writing I Will Always Love You. She was never heralded for the story of the song, but for her ability to hit the right notes at the right time. Snoop's lyrics were never profound enough to matter if he wrote them. It was his style of rapping that made him a star. Even if Tupac didn't write Hit Em Up (not that anyone is making that accusation) it takes more talent to rap it the way he did than it does to write those rhymes.

But Drake? He's simply not very good. I find it a joke that he needs concept tracks because the tracks suck. And people need to stop with all thw bullshit of him being successful. He's not! Given all his media hypoe and twitter following he still can't get over 2 million sales. 3 albums 4 million total sales. Don't blame the age, or the new market, blame the shit that's being sold as music. One of the biggest stars in music and he can't sell more than Dogg Food? Give Daz and Kurupt the kind of media attention Drake gets and they'd have gone diamond.

The kid can't even pack up the skydome. Bruce Springsteen is 3 times Drake's age, was never pushed by the media as hard as Drake is now, releases a compilation album of unreleased songs, none are hits, tours half the number of cities and generates almost two times the revenue with lower ticket prices. You know why? Because more people come to see talent than will ever come to see hype.

Drake's at his absolute peak and this is the best he can do? He's a 100% media creation. These millions upon millions of fans and followers he has don't even like him enough to buy his albums.

Bandida

« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2015, 08:44:31 PM »
I can't believe y'all mentioned cube, snoop or anyone of that status in a fucking debate about drake, meek mill n wether they do or do not have skills in song writing.....

You could compare the fact that cube n drake r both successful actors/musicians that assume roles in both film n music that do not reflect their reality, but seriously.... This convoy has gone way off track.....

Bruce Springsteen????
Come on shallow, the 80s is like vintage now.....

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2015, 07:52:47 AM »

Bruce Springsteen????

I'm talking about his 2014 tour. Not the 80s.

Bandida

« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2015, 07:58:19 AM »

Bruce Springsteen????

I'm talking about his 2014 tour. Not the 80s.

My mother listens to him, I'll ask her about it...