Author Topic: Compton A Soundtrack By Dr. Dre (Tracklist + Artwork)  (Read 16397 times)

WalterOhDim

• 'G'
Re: Compton A Soundtrack By Dr. Dre (Tracklist + Artwork)
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2015, 06:23:12 AM »
Can't say I'm surprised that it seems like it's gonna be that kind of an album but it's still disappointing. Dre could have put out his album whenever but the Straight Outta Compton soundtrack only has this one shot, right now, that it. It has the potential to be something great while paying homage and capturing that era of music but the opportunity seems like it's being used to push Dre's music :grumpy:.

Fuck it, I just hope the movies good, that's all I care about, we still got our classics from back in the day to bump whenever we want. I hope I'm wrong and that the soundtrack is what it is supposed to be and that the movie isn't just being used for it's hype so that Dre could finally put out the music he had no confidence in before. But like Eazy-E once said, "...but once a Bitch, is always a Bitch, and now the fuckin' switch...", Eazy is probably going to be right again. Rest in peace E.

Each time Dre drops a "new album" he uses fresh talent the public isn't aware of.  No different this time.  Think about all the dudes on 2001 that we never heard of.  Then boom, 2001 is recognized as one of hip-hop's greatest.  Sounds like you're living in 1994 with that Eazy quote.  

If you can't evolve with the times this album won't be for you, or any fan stuck in the past.  I'm personally looking forward to a new Dr. Dre sound of 2015.

Anyone know what the single is from this album?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 06:26:14 AM by WalterOhDim »

HighEyeCue

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2015, 06:34:29 AM »
interesting to hear Dre said he didn't release Detox because he "wasn't feeling it"...could it be that the publics reactions to the singles had something to do with it?

jman91331

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2015, 06:48:38 AM »
Is the Album released in Hardcopys on Amazon or Best Buy to?

I don't know, I hope so. But on every article I read it says itunes/apple music exclusive so sadly maybe not. He is an employee/stock holder of Apple so it just could be exclusive to Apple.

adi760

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2015, 07:12:53 AM »
Atleast there is no Rick Ross, Meek Mill, Chief keef or Drake in there, im sure there is some great story telling related to the movie, production wise I know for sure that Fredwreck is involved

Chief Keef songs goes hard. - but wouldnt go on a West soundtrack.

Would had loved to see more Game tracks on there, Quik should have gotten some shine and ofc Ren.. i mean its fuckin COMPTON.

K-Dot, Game, Quik, Ren, YG, Mc Eith, Coolio, B.G. Knocc Out & Dresta the pedo, Even fuckin TYGA. - is WHO is representing Compton.. this soundtrack shouldnt had been called compton...
You're funny
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qvQn6pva7xk" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qvQn6pva7xk</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8lQPYkUj4rI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8lQPYkUj4rI</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ITUONxDP4DA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ITUONxDP4DA</a>

Mr. Theo

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2015, 07:13:38 AM »
The album name is Compton....and we haven't MC Ren, King Tee, DJ Quik in this? at least no DPG? Xzibit only on 1 track? No Bishop Lamont? Cube only in 1 track

Instead of this..we have a fucking industry plant texas white boy wack rapper RACIST called Justus? Justus represent compton? Another white rapper promoted by Dre and Iovine?

There is no way an album be called Compton without DJ Quik

My Interscope/Aftermath/Dre/Iovine theory materializes again.

This album will contain good tracks, but it will disappoint much.

Again the industry renegades legends like DJ Quik... and King Tee, MC Ren..etc

I hope Game put that Quik track on DC 2, BUT THE INDUSTRY IS A BITCH!

INTERSCOPE / DRE / IOVINE - Y'ALL SCRATCHED WEST COAST HIP HOP HISTORY ....

fUCK Y'ALL
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 07:46:09 AM by Mr. Theo »

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Chitown

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2015, 07:50:57 AM »
I had to login in for this topic. It's been a minute. This is some sad shit. I know the soundtrack gone be bangin, but, this record should have atleast included some unreleased Eazy-E verses if new music was going to be used. There is still some unreleased E verses because the DOC has stated that "the best music he ever heard,was the music Dre was doing for Temporary Insanity". Dre was working on E second solo, before the shit hit the fan and he went to Death Row. I'm a big westcoast fan, Chitown has always had a respect for the west and vice versa. Thing is I think Dre has possibly shitted on the west coast once again. When I saw that Eazy son could not get the opp to portray his pops, I figured some fuck shit was going on. Cube put his son on tho? C'mon. Then "Detox wasn't good enough". I smell bullshit. It's been some heavy hittas putting in work on Detox for years. People put they best in them beats. Just Blaze , Battlecat, Hi-Tek, Focus all the way up to Dewaun parker. Them beats on the Doggisode on youtube a few years back was epic. Best beats I heard in a minute. nigga gon say they best wasn't "good enough". Only thing Dre has done right was give K.Dot his shine, and put some focus back on yall westcoast cats for a min. TPAB best album I purchased this year pidd.

Back to the topic tho...he dead ass wrong for this shit, and I'm an outside lookin in, but, I know my westcoast music history...QUIK is COMPTON.

B.A.

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2015, 08:14:36 AM »
Can't say I'm surprised that it seems like it's gonna be that kind of an album but it's still disappointing. Dre could have put out his album whenever but the Straight Outta Compton soundtrack only has this one shot, right now, that it. It has the potential to be something great while paying homage and capturing that era of music but the opportunity seems like it's being used to push Dre's music :grumpy:.

Fuck it, I just hope the movies good, that's all I care about, we still got our classics from back in the day to bump whenever we want. I hope I'm wrong and that the soundtrack is what it is supposed to be and that the movie isn't just being used for it's hype so that Dre could finally put out the music he had no confidence in before. But like Eazy-E once said, "...but once a Bitch, is always a Bitch, and now the fuckin' switch...", Eazy is probably going to be right again. Rest in peace E.

Each time Dre drops a "new album" he uses fresh talent the public isn't aware of.  No different this time.  Think about all the dudes on 2001 that we never heard of.  Then boom, 2001 is recognized as one of hip-hop's greatest.  Sounds like you're living in 1994 with that Eazy quote.  

If you can't evolve with the times this album won't be for you, or any fan stuck in the past.  I'm personally looking forward to a new Dr. Dre sound of 2015.
Hold up though, if you're gonna quote me, quote me right. You missed the first two sentences of my post, the first thing I said was...

See man, that's what the fuck I was referring to when I posted in the "Dr. Dre "inspired by the film" soundtrack..." thread earlier today, about whether the album was really going to be inspired by time and the music that the movie is based on or if it was just gonna be a cover up for Dre to push his album now that the film has everyone's attention. The track list and features aren't bad at all for a new Dr. Dre album, it's whatever, he can do whatever he wants on his new album but when it's the "inspired by the film" soundtrack and you got Marsha Ambrosius on 4 tracks but no Ren (and I'm sure Yella had no part in any of the production duties either) there's something wrong.
A new Dre album and a soundtrack inspired by and for the Straight Outta Compton movie should be two completely different things. For example, take the movie American Gangster, it take place in the 1970's, they released 2 albums for it on the same day, one was American Gangster: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack and the other was Jay-Z's album American Gangster. The soundtrack had new music on it as well as old but the new music fit the setting of the movie like a muthafucka, you can't tell that the new music was made like 40 years after the time period when the movie takes place. Then there was Jay's album which sounded like a new, modern Jay album with references to the movie. Look it up and listen to the music of the actual soundtrack vs. Jay-Z's, completely different but both were about the movie.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_17?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=american+gangster+soundtrack&sprefix=american+gangster%2Caps%2C190
This is where I think they dropped the ball with the soundtrack for Straight Outta Compton. They could have put out two separate albums or put it out as a double disc, one disc being the soundtrack with old classics and new songs that capture the time period with maybe a couple new N.W.A tracks and then the other being Dre's new album that could be loosely inspired by the film.

Stuck in the past? Man this movie is set in the past, roughly from 1987 to 1995 based on the info that has been released as to what is covered in the movie; the rise of N.W.A and Ruthless, Ice Cube going solo, the break up of N.W.A, Dr. Dre going solo, the rise of Death Row and the death of Eazy-E and also all the things going on in the streets at that time as well. The thing is, as much as I like Dre, I'm not going into this as a Dre groupie who is getting a chance to finally hear what could have been Detox or just as a fan who has been dying to get some new Dre music. Nah, I'm going into this as a fan of N.W.A, that's what the movie is about, not about what the fuck Dre's been doing for the past 15 years.

Sounds like you're living in 1994 with that Eazy quote.  
Nah, not at all, just another bitch move by Dr. D.R.E.  "...but once a Bitch, is always a Bitch, and now the fuckin' switch..." Rest in peace Eazy...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 08:18:20 AM by B.A. »
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

me1

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2015, 08:21:10 AM »
No one has heard any of this album but many are passing judgement based on the fact that a 46 yr old Ren isn't on this. If Dre could have made some next level shit with Ren, King T, today's Kurupt, etc, he would have. He had 16 yrs to try. He could, at any time, have thrown everyone from the West on any number of beats he's sitting on and we'd all be very happy. His goal, however, is to give us something we didn't know was possible. In Xzibit's words: "get ready for the reset button to be pushed on all the Wack shit you think is actually good in music right now." If Dre could have produced something that lives up to that hype with only the usual characters, he would have.

I'm giving the benefit of the doubt until I hear it on Friday. He's clearly very proud of the work because he was hyped as fuck yesterday on that show. It was a complete 180 from every time we heard him talk about Detox. In all those instances, you could hear the hesitance, the reluctance, etc. It sounded to me like whatever he's been looking for in with respect to making a cohesive body of work that lives up to his standards, he found.

PS, that chick on that Pharmacy show, how in the fuck did she get chosen to participate? 85% of the words out of her mouth were "YES" "YEAH" AND "YESSSSSSS'

Mr. Theo

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2015, 08:22:43 AM »
I had to login in for this topic. It's been a minute. This is some sad shit. I know the soundtrack gone be bangin, but, this record should have atleast included some unreleased Eazy-E verses if new music was going to be used. There is still some unreleased E verses because the DOC has stated that "the best music he ever heard,was the music Dre was doing for Temporary Insanity". Dre was working on E second solo, before the shit hit the fan and he went to Death Row. I'm a big westcoast fan, Chitown has always had a respect for the west and vice versa. Thing is I think Dre has possibly shitted on the west coast once again. When I saw that Eazy son could not get the opp to portray his pops, I figured some fuck shit was going on. Cube put his son on tho? C'mon. Then "Detox wasn't good enough". I smell bullshit. It's been some heavy hittas putting in work on Detox for years. People put they best in them beats. Just Blaze , Battlecat, Hi-Tek, Focus all the way up to Dewaun parker. Them beats on the Doggisode on youtube a few years back was epic. Best beats I heard in a minute. nigga gon say they best wasn't "good enough". Only thing Dre has done right was give K.Dot his shine, and put some focus back on yall westcoast cats for a min. TPAB best album I purchased this year pidd.

Back to the topic tho...he dead ass wrong for this shit, and I'm an outside lookin in, but, I know my westcoast music history...QUIK is COMPTON.

Perfect comentary.

People act like idiots when they are in Dr Dre circle....it's like Fredwreck...i respect him..his past..he produced classicS..it's a super talented guy..but dude act like a dumb, because he is in "circle" of Dr. Dre...Fredwreck tweeting "Game Over"...game over my ass..i expect production top1 ( THE PRODUCTION WILL BE GOOD, BUT VARIOUS PRODUCERS INVOLVED IN THIS, so dr dre not produced this alone) ..but it will disappoints hard..some rappers are shitty..like that Justus..i don't need Justus..he aren't dope...he never gonna top Eazy-E,DJ Quik and other Compton legends..where's YG? He represents Compton HARD...JON Connor ( nothing against him ) have a verse in it.. and King T not? MC Ren and Yella OUT? These guys are part of NWA....
Ice Cube only in one track? It's a blasphemy...

Where's cats like EIHT? KING TEE? DJ QUIK...(not to say names like Coolio,Hi-C,YG)
Where's Slim Da Mobster? Bishop Lamont..at least this guys rep West Coast
Where's Daz and Kurupt? Warren G?

This album will be a joke

I am ashamed

This is bullshit!!!!!!!!!!

Back ON MY PLAYLIST...THESE NEW MUSIC SUCKS 80% OF IT
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 08:26:50 AM by Mr. Theo »

Mr. Theo

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2015, 08:29:53 AM »
Nah, not at all, just another bitch move by Dr. D.R.E.  "...but once a Bitch, is always a Bitch, and now the fuckin' switch..." Rest in peace Eazy...

In the wise words : I bet Eazy-E is turnin' over in his grave, to see that some of y'all made gangsta rap gay

B.A.

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2015, 08:58:59 AM »
I'm giving the benefit of the doubt until I hear it on Friday. He's clearly very proud of the work because he was hyped as fuck yesterday on that show. It was a complete 180 from every time we heard him talk about Detox. In all those instances, you could hear the hesitance, the reluctance, etc. It sounded to me like whatever he's been looking for in with respect to making a cohesive body of work that lives up to his standards, he found.

He found Marsha Ambrosius like a muthafucka, that's for damn sure, she must be wiz in the studio lol. I'm just joking, but you right, I'm giving Dre the benefit of the doubt, the album is definitely not going to be the proper soundtrack that the movie deserved but another great Dre album is very possible. I wonder if the music on the album is really that much different from the leaks that he released a couple years ago. What he leaked before got mixed reviews from fans and didn't get the buzz we was looking for. This time around the buzz was already there, from the movie and from fans wondering "is there going to be a soundtrack", all Dre had to do was keep it under wraps and not fuck up the hype and anticipation by releasing some bunk shit for fans to pick apart. So I wonder, does Dre really think his old shit was not good enough and that his "new" shit is far superior and on another level, or is it just the right time, the right amount of buzz? We know what he leaked before so I guess next Friday we'll know if it is really that much different or just more of the same.
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

B.A.

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2015, 09:00:07 AM »

In the wise words : I bet Eazy-E is turnin' over in his grave, to see that some of y'all made gangsta rap gay

Gotta love Quik!

Chitown

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2015, 09:01:17 AM »

Perfect comentary.

People act like idiots when they are in Dr Dre circle....it's like Fredwreck...i respect him..his past..he produced classicS..it's a super talented guy..but dude act like a dumb, because he is in "circle" of Dr. Dre...Fredwreck tweeting "Game Over"...game over my ass..i expect production top1 ( THE PRODUCTION WILL BE GOOD, BUT VARIOUS PRODUCERS INVOLVED IN THIS, so dr dre not produced this alone) ..but it will disappoints hard..some rappers are shitty..like that Justus..i don't need Justus..he aren't dope...he never gonna top Eazy-E,DJ Quik and other Compton legends..where's YG? He represents Compton HARD...JON Connor ( nothing against him ) have a verse in it.. and King T not? MC Ren and Yella OUT? These guys are part of NWA....
Ice Cube only in one track? It's a blasphemy...

Where's cats like EIHT? KING TEE? DJ QUIK...(not to say names like Coolio,Hi-C,YG)
Where's Slim Da Mobster? Bishop Lamont..at least this guys rep West Coast
Where's Daz and Kurupt? Warren G?

This album will be a joke

I am ashamed

This is bullshit!!!!!!!!!!

Back ON MY PLAYLIST...THESE NEW MUSIC SUCKS 80% OF IT

I agree wit ya. Another issue is that Lil Eazy wasn't included on the soundtrack either. Sounds like it's still a Lil bit of hatred towards eazy still to this day. They done railroaded the man's children.

WestWestYA

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2015, 09:10:02 AM »
The Soundtrack might sound like THIS

« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 09:24:42 AM by WestWestYA »

B.A.

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2015, 09:15:59 AM »
I agree wit ya. Another issue is that Lil Eazy wasn't included on the soundtrack either. Sounds like it's still a Lil bit of hatred towards eazy still to this day. They done railroaded the man's children.

I think so too and that's also probably why you don't see Lil Eazy in the movie or album, Ren and Yella aren't involved either. This is a Dre and Cube perspective movie, they are the ones who bounced early on, Ren and Yella were there from the beginning to the end, down with Eazy through the whole thing, and Lil Eazy, well that's blood, so you know they all have their own perspective on the situation. It would be nearly impossible to find a balance and finish the project when one half of those involved are on one side and the other half is on the other side. There's always 3 sides to every story, the one side, the other side and then the truth.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 09:17:54 AM by B.A. »