Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 49137 times)

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
Re: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #705 on: October 04, 2015, 09:15:37 AM »
album is already old, no more rotation. never would've thought to forgot about a dre album some weeks after release. this is so weak i won't even add a hardcopy to the collection

Will_B

« Reply #706 on: October 04, 2015, 09:44:12 AM »
album is already old, no more rotation. never would've thought to forgot about a dre album some weeks after release. this is so weak i won't even add a hardcopy to the collection

Cats str8 forgot about Dre

Sccit

« Reply #707 on: October 04, 2015, 12:14:11 PM »
Niqqas who split infinitives on techniCALIties don't have much feeling for music

I don't think this faggot could get any more corny .. Son actually capitalized CALI in technicalities smfh .. I never believed u deleted those links until today

Will_B

« Reply #708 on: October 04, 2015, 01:59:56 PM »
I never believed u deleted those links until today

:banana_trippin:

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #709 on: October 04, 2015, 03:05:39 PM »
haven't really said much since release, but honestly, this album is a huge letdown. i knew people would be getting upset and catchings feelings on both side for this one. i see dre's got a lot of fans regardless and it isn't bad by current day standards, it's not the shit i can vibe with fully. 2001 is much more enjoyable and while this is meant to be a harder, angsty cityscape, it just hasn't got the kind of groove i associate with dre's sound. his input seems to be more in more in the mixing etc. grand finale my ass. any version of detox woulda been more refreshing than this, i feel. but oh well.

it looks like he's working on some new stuff now, maybe a more west coast (west west) project? i hope he doesn't go out with 'Compton'. if detox could come back it would be great, but don't particularly wanna hear any more of the Compton sound. he should get back with the cats like dawaun parker.

fair enough, the sound didn't fit me the first time i heard the album.
i can enjoy some of the album now, but the vocal production could be much better.
and i don't like the south imitation and the weird voice effects, dre should know better

Blood$

« Reply #710 on: October 04, 2015, 03:36:25 PM »
I seem to be the only one that doesn't hear a single Southern influence on the album and I jam a good amount of South lol

Sccit

« Reply #711 on: October 05, 2015, 11:14:09 AM »
I seem to be the only one that doesn't hear a single Southern influence on the album and I jam a good amount of South lol

i dont hear it either, save for maybe the drums on talk about it, but even that barely has any south influence. the album has a west coast sound for the most part, it's just not outdated g-funk.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #712 on: October 05, 2015, 01:44:03 PM »
haven't really said much since release, but honestly, this album is a huge letdown. i knew people would be getting upset and catchings feelings on both side for this one. i see dre's got a lot of fans regardless and it isn't bad by current day standards, it's not the shit i can vibe with fully. 2001 is much more enjoyable and while this is meant to be a harder, angsty cityscape, it just hasn't got the kind of groove i associate with dre's sound. his input seems to be more in more in the mixing etc. grand finale my ass. any version of detox woulda been more refreshing than this, i feel. but oh well.

it looks like he's working on some new stuff now, maybe a more west coast (west west) project? i hope he doesn't go out with 'Compton'. if detox could come back it would be great, but don't particularly wanna hear any more of the Compton sound. he should get back with the cats like dawaun parker.

i can enjoy some of the album now, but the vocal production could be much better.
and i don't like the south imitation and the weird voice effects, dre should know better

I agree about the vocals they sound off to me as well...the beats are dope I don't hear much southern influence though

Sccit

« Reply #713 on: October 05, 2015, 03:51:00 PM »

I agree about the vocals they sound off to me as well...the beats are dope I don't hear much southern influence though

HOW DO THE VOCALS SOUND OFF?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #714 on: October 05, 2015, 06:47:37 PM »

i dont hear it either, save for maybe the drums on talk about it, but even that barely has any south influence. the album has a west coast sound for the most part, it's just not outdated g-funk.

Mez is the South influence, but he's not actually from the South.  My first listen I thought there was a lot of South influence because the way he sounds like he is mumbling a bit on "Talk About It".  The more I listen to it the less I hear any South influence.  Then knowing Mez a bit as an artist and sampling his solo stuff, he is not any follower of the South
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #715 on: October 05, 2015, 07:34:08 PM »

Mez is the South influence, but he's not actually from the South.  My first listen I thought there was a lot of South influence because the way he sounds like he is mumbling a bit on "Talk About It".  The more I listen to it the less I hear any South influence.  Then knowing Mez a bit as an artist and sampling his solo stuff, he is not any follower of the South

mez doesnt sound south to me, he sounds like your modern day rapper, no regional sound whatsoever.

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #716 on: October 06, 2015, 04:45:51 AM »
Dre just released Lyric video for Talk About it featuring King Mez and Justus. http://justwhookid.com/2015/10/05/dr-dre-releases-lyric-video-for-talk-about-it/
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

Matty

« Reply #717 on: October 06, 2015, 09:56:00 AM »
Dre just released Lyric video for Talk About it featuring King Mez and Justus. http://justwhookid.com/2015/10/05/dr-dre-releases-lyric-video-for-talk-about-it/

this track is a grower. managed to hear the album on a 'proper' sound system recently and that one was bumping. would like to see a proper visual. Justus hook is easily the nicest bit, best parts are the outro and 'fuck you fuck you and you on the corner too'.

Matty

« Reply #718 on: October 06, 2015, 10:00:25 AM »
'Deep Water' was another one that came through really well with proper bass, great detail in the mixing. no complaints about the mixing on this album, it's exceptional. that's not really why i can't enjoy it that much.

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #719 on: October 06, 2015, 10:54:42 AM »

Dre soundin like a weirdo. Not a Dre worthy track.  :grumpy:
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.