Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 49133 times)

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
Who's still listening to this album?

What an amazing project, the more you listen to it, the better it gets - Definately a Classic in my eyes.

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).

What an amazing project, the more you listen to it, the better it gets - Definately a Classic in my eyes.

Hard copy still in my car CD player, been there for months now.

Don't know why some hate on it, pretty good album.
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

Blood$

Hard copy still in my car CD player, been there for months now.

Don't know why some hate on it, pretty good album.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

It came out in August... And I bumped it regularly all the way until January.  So that's like a solid 6 months it was in my rotation.  I'm laying off now for a bit, then I will bring it back out for the memories later.  To remember the end of my year 2015.

This album was an instant classic certainly up to Dre's high standards.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AoYfm1fL-V4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AoYfm1fL-V4</a>

• Muthafuckin' Don!
nice interview and he spoke well about the vision of the album being an experience

But even this interview was taken just after the release of the album.... Since the first month of its release we haven't heard a word about the album anywhere...  Just google it and everything you find will be from the time of the albums release... It's like it already came and went and dres done some concerts and I don't believe he's ever performed any songs off the album just the same old songs

Sccit

Been a year n still no single or video .. Damn shame

Blood$

safe to say that was never in the plans for the album lol I could have seen one for the "Diary" joint with maybe some clips from the movie thrown in but that ship has sailed

Sccit

safe to say that was never in the plans for the album lol I could have seen one for the "Diary" joint with maybe some clips from the movie thrown in but that ship has sailed

It's a shame because there are def some single worthy joints that woulda doubled or tripled sales

EFFeX

Honestly, I have been saying it since the day the album dropped... it's really nothing to write home about. The fact that it came and went is no surprise to me.

And hearing that new T.I. joint just makes me angry. Imagine what COULD have been.

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Funny enough he filmed videos for "Kush" and "I Need A Doctor" and never dropped Detox.  Then he drops Compton and doesn't bother to film a video. 

I thought a "Talk About It" video would've been epic.... show just only King Mez for the first part of the video, with the intro down in the hood of Compton, crime, gangs, then cut to Dre with— "I Just Bought CALIFORNIA!!"—with Dre overlooking Cali from his mansion atop the Valley.  Like the way he overlooked Cali on "Let Me Ride" but now taking it to the next level

HighEyeCue

Honestly, I have been saying it since the day the album dropped... it's really nothing to write home about. The fact that it came and went is no surprise to me.

And hearing that new T.I. joint just makes me angry. Imagine what COULD have been.

I didn't like it much either...that TI track is nice though

So Much Style

hmm the TI track is delicious. only a couple on Compton I like more- like the game song maybe
So much style back at it again

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The T.I. track would be about the worst song if it was on Compton.  Like Focus says.. those are just songs.. but the tracks on Compton are an "experience" ya dig?

Blood$

The T.I. track would be about the worst song if it was on Compton.  Like Focus says.. those are just songs.. but the tracks on Compton are an "experience" ya dig?