Author Topic: Chronic 2000: First Disc vs. Second Disc  (Read 5200 times)

love33

Chronic 2000: First Disc vs. Second Disc
« on: March 11, 2017, 11:34:41 PM »
From the Gold selling album that rocked the charts in 2000 led by 2Pac's "Who Do U Believe In?" -- What was your favorite disc -- Disc 1 or Disc 2 -- And what was some of your favorite unreleased cuts that should have made the album?

I am going with Disc 1 -- I loved the track by E-40 -- it was such a pleasure to have E-40 open up the doors for the new Row era -- "I thought You Knew" was a banger, also the beat for Daz & Tha Realest track "It's Going Down" was crazy great!  I really enjoy when Daz & Tha Realest collab and lets hope we see this again in the future -- Instead of "Curiosity," I think they should have put "Can't Mobb Deep" or "Tha Last Circle" -- The two feature tracks for Top Dogg "Cindafella" and Soopafly "Like It Or Not" round out the first disc, along with the Pac gem "Who Do You Believe In"

Would have loved to see Top Dogg and Doctor Dre "Hoe Hopper" (couldn't because of legal issues) -- Tha Realest "Can't Mobb Deep" & "Takin Pictures in the Cemetary" & unreleased Kurupt "I Just Don't Bang No More" would've rounded out the second disc -- "Roll Wit Us" was a classic by Tha Dogg Pound and "OG to BG" -- the last 5 tracks of the second disc should've been so much better and they should've just stuck with Top Dogg, Daz, Tha Realest, and maybe some guest appearances -- the last 5 tracks on Disc 2 (that milkbone track and capricorn) made what I thought was an otherwise great album have a soft landing

Great guest appearances by Naughty By Nature, E-40, Ant Banks, and Scarface

Jay Wallace

Re: Chronic 2000: First Disc vs. Second Disc
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 10:16:51 AM »
From the Gold selling album that rocked the charts in 2000.

Rocked the charts?  Mother fucker please!  You're really pushing to be the publicist for the revisionist history of a defunct label.

Blood$

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 12:30:24 PM »

Rocked the charts?  Mother fucker please!  You're really pushing to be the publicist for the revisionist history of a defunct label.

lmfao!

fucku

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 01:03:30 PM »
both not great

2Relevant

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 04:59:55 PM »

lmfao!

+2 this retard is really reaching  8)

Jay Wallace

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 05:39:02 PM »
  If a Death Row rapper stood in the background of a local car dealership video in 1999, he'd probably spin it like, "He was getting a major push with lots of mainstream attention appearing in commercials that got major airplay".

Blood$

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 10:09:07 PM »
  If a Death Row rapper stood in the background of a local car dealership video in 1999, he'd probably spin it like, "He was getting a major push with lots of mainstream attention appearing in commercials that got major airplay".

money lol

doggfather

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 02:25:42 AM »
neva heard this.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

love33

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 11:35:52 PM »

E-40, Scarface, Treach, Dogg Pound, Ant Banks, and Pac if I said those names were leasing a compilation record, thats an all star lineup

bouli77

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 12:14:29 AM »

E-40, Scarface, Treach, Dogg Pound, Ant Banks, and Pac if I said those names were leasing a compilation record, thats an all star lineup

doesn't change the fact that it didn't rock the charts, lol.

love33

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2017, 12:25:06 AM »

800k isnt bad -- Chronic 2000 will sell more than Snoop's new album, wanna bet?

HighEyeCue

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 06:47:04 AM »

Snoop doubled those sales in 1999 with No Limit Top Dogg

Jay Wallace

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2017, 08:14:34 AM »

It’s misleading to say that any of those artists released that album.  They are featured on it and it’s none of their best work.  Death Row has had far more impressive guest lists prior to this.  You are once again, doing the publicist thing.  An all-star lineup means nothing if it’s not strong, consistent material.  It’s not what you have, it’s how you use it.  Plenty of movies with all-star casts that completely suck.

800k isnt bad

You didn’t say “isn’t bad”.  You said it “rocked the charts”.  There is a world of difference between the phrasing here.

Chronic 2000 will sell more than Snoop's new album, wanna bet?

That’s a pointless comparison to even make.  Different time, different economy, different musical landscape, drastically different means of selling/promoting music.   Are you really that oblivious to “context” that you would think this is a reasonable comparison?

But allow me to point out a couple things.  800k is the total number of units sold during its recorded peak period (probably anywhere from 1 year to 3).  Since it is a double album, that means it actually sold something like 400,000 physical copies.  Snoop’s “Game is to Be Sold” sold over 500,000 physical copies in its first week alone.  “Dr. Dre Presents The Aftermath” and “Tha Doggfather” both sold over a million copies.  All of Snoop’s albums until about 2006 all have sold over one million copies. 

Blood$

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2017, 10:36:35 AM »

show us the receipt for 800K units sold lol that shit was a brick

S.J

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2017, 11:45:57 AM »
I liked Chronic 2000 I used to listen to it alot. This may not be a popular opinion on here but I always liked the tracks by Tha Realest and Top Dogg the most. Disc 1 is definitely better. Theres only about 6 good tracks on disc 2
But I'm a do it like this so your crew will know
Tie your leg to a car, tie the other to a pole
Talk shit and laugh cause I got the gift of gab
Hop in the car, hit the gas, watch your ass split in half
-Rappin Ron