Author Topic: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17  (Read 129153 times)

Proc pka KP

Re: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17
« Reply #660 on: July 09, 2021, 03:42:38 PM »
He might one day have a Makaveli like collection but of unfinished songs.

soopa-man

« Reply #661 on: July 09, 2021, 06:04:54 PM »
I was thinking about his whole if it ain’t great or classics debate he won’t release it.  But what about all the subpar ass songs that he is on with the Eminem? I mean some were and are classic, but after Encore the amount of beats wasted on there with burps and farts and Rainman, Christopher Reeves jokes and a puppet dog flow … where is the care and passion there? I mean both Eminem and Dre don’t need to make music.  But why not give more to Apple? Charge $50 for 20 tracks or some shit it will sell even if it gets streamed and seeded quickly or even a CD 💿 as crazy as it sounds his shit would sell.

He could do all kinds of shit, but it’s his legacy and reality of if it doesn’t sell he is not going to fuck with it.  That’s why you don’t see a lot of artist from the past still around.  If it was about music Sam Sneed, Nate Dogg, Kurupt or shit Hittman and Mel-Man or Truth hurts would be on album 10 over there.

Shit even puffy releases more music with more hits than him. Jermaine Dupri yeah some
Of it is shit I don’t purchase all of it or listen to it.

But I also don’t have a lot of those tracks recently released with his verse on them on any playlist either, good for a quick listen but nothing I bump in the ride or outside on the patio when I’m chilling under the sun bbq and shit.

It’s over I guess, the time it mattered to hear him more is gone.  Shit the second holy grail verse with Dre on it leaked and the internet was crazy for a second.

If he released shit like that it would sell. He just ain’t in the music Business any more to want to sell it or put energy in to it any more. It’s over … he went out with being on top sales wise with Eminem.  All of Eminem’s albums sold a shit load, and he made a big ass movie released a pretty descent album under that. That he put absolutely no energy in to giving it more light, no videos no promo tour no remix’es nothing …

Jay_J

« Reply #662 on: July 09, 2021, 11:08:10 PM »
in defiant ones dre was saying recording a solo album is a young man's job today and he adds he wants to find new artists to work with.

it made me sad to hear he thinks so.

The following users thanked this post: dipz213

Safe+Sound

« Reply #663 on: July 10, 2021, 07:29:50 AM »
Whatever he's got in those vaults, we'll probably never hear it.

I hope there's an artist with actual talent that comes out and brings back that G-shit with new fresh producers who can top Dre and all the others we love. They'd stick together, release consistent classic records, and bring back the crown we had in the 90s. That would be dope.

Orbyte

« Reply #664 on: July 11, 2021, 02:34:19 AM »

The Predator

« Reply #665 on: July 13, 2021, 05:27:32 AM »
Another Dre-less album summer   :(

mtbsm

« Reply #666 on: July 13, 2021, 10:28:25 AM »
Fact of the matter is if we haven't gotten it yet it's missing something or isn't good.

Malcy

« Reply #667 on: July 13, 2021, 10:41:26 AM »
22 years after Dre said "I don't need to do another album bitch, i ain't got to do shit" and still entitled people are moaning. No wonder he doesn't release anything.

topdogg188

« Reply #668 on: July 13, 2021, 11:31:49 AM »
Personally, the dre crazy beats have long since disappeared many years ago. Any new leaks we hear just don't cut it for me and are instantly skippable - like those Naked and Gunfiya tracks. What makes it out the of door these days and is classed as "perfection" makes me laugh - I don't even want any new music from him at this point those days of checking for the dre produced track in the album liners long gone. I'm someone from the 1993+ gfunk era reaching 40years old in a couple of years that has been a fan. For me the quality started to dip during Snoops Blue Carpet album era those dre tracks with the piano were average at best and fredwreck and other production out shown them. Also Busta's Big Bang - what on earth was that last track legends of the fall off garbage? Even Jay-Zs kingdom come with loads of dre production unmemorable. I guess maybe thats when Scott Storch went solo? Whatever he released with Eminem has always been garbage to me- marilyn manson / limp bizkit soft rock/nirvana type late 90s early 00s grunge sound - horrible and can tell what audience that is aimed at, The most I could pass was the real slim shady stand up song and the lyrics and comedy made me switch that off anyway. I think dre was at the peak with the mary j blige, bilal, first 50 cent, eve and xzibit restless era. Compton had a few good songs  but in general was also trash, - I liked the few track with Xzibit and Big Hutch and the one with Snoop (not the Jon conner one) and the one with Ice Cube. Since then nothing dre has had a hand in has been worth listening too although i still agree it is better than what the mumble generation is putting out.
What I've really been waiting on now is Battlecat - Turntable Journalism if that ever sees the light of day. Battlecat been putting tracks out consistenly ever since and 99% of his stuff is normally the best track on the album. I wish DJ Quik would come back too. 
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 11:46:06 AM by topdogg188 »

Orbyte

« Reply #669 on: July 16, 2021, 07:37:36 AM »
Divorce not finalized = no album

That's what I'm thinking.

goodyoung

« Reply #670 on: July 17, 2021, 07:17:35 AM »
Personally, the dre crazy beats have long since disappeared many years ago. Any new leaks we hear just don't cut it for me and are instantly skippable - like those Naked and Gunfiya tracks. What makes it out the of door these days and is classed as "perfection" makes me laugh - I don't even want any new music from him at this point those days of checking for the dre produced track in the album liners long gone. I'm someone from the 1993+ gfunk era reaching 40years old in a couple of years that has been a fan. For me the quality started to dip during Snoops Blue Carpet album era those dre tracks with the piano were average at best and fredwreck and other production out shown them. Also Busta's Big Bang - what on earth was that last track legends of the fall off garbage? Even Jay-Zs kingdom come with loads of dre production unmemorable. I guess maybe thats when Scott Storch went solo? Whatever he released with Eminem has always been garbage to me- marilyn manson / limp bizkit soft rock/nirvana type late 90s early 00s grunge sound - horrible and can tell what audience that is aimed at, The most I could pass was the real slim shady stand up song and the lyrics and comedy made me switch that off anyway. I think dre was at the peak with the mary j blige, bilal, first 50 cent, eve and xzibit restless era. Compton had a few good songs  but in general was also trash, - I liked the few track with Xzibit and Big Hutch and the one with Snoop (not the Jon conner one) and the one with Ice Cube. Since then nothing dre has had a hand in has been worth listening too although i still agree it is better than what the mumble generation is putting out.
What I've really been waiting on now is Battlecat - Turntable Journalism if that ever sees the light of day. Battlecat been putting tracks out consistenly ever since and 99% of his stuff is normally the best track on the album. I wish DJ Quik would come back too.

Lmao dude did you just call some of the BEST Dre productions of all time, such as Legends of the fall offs, Boss' Life and Imagine garbage? That's you opinion, sure, but it's an extremely crazy opinion lol.
By 2006, Dre literally perfected his piano beats formula that he started on 2001. It's pretty much the same but on steroids. Richer, more epic, more complex and imaginative.

Sccit

« Reply #671 on: July 17, 2021, 09:28:41 AM »
Lmao dude did you just call some of the BEST Dre productions of all time, such as Legends of the fall offs, Boss' Life and Imagine garbage? That's you opinion, sure, but it's an extremely crazy opinion lol.
By 2006, Dre literally perfected his piano beats formula that he started on 2001. It's pretty much the same but on steroids. Richer, more epic, more complex and imaginative.

i was thinkin the same

k1000

« Reply #672 on: July 17, 2021, 10:03:00 AM »
For me the quality started to dip during Snoops Blue Carpet album era those dre tracks with the piano were average at best

i was thinkin the same.

"Legends of the fall offs" is good work though.

abusive

« Reply #673 on: July 17, 2021, 12:00:00 PM »
I recently heard a kanye west track he did that was pretty good. It was different. I'm not a fan of that type of gospel either.

Other than that I'm not really impressed by what I'm hearing from him and I check it all out. It wouldn't be a big deal except you have this cult that swears he's perpetually the greatest from generation unto generation. I personally think he has to many old yes men around him. I've seen alot of photos with alot of people in the studio all centered around him. Videos of people getting whiplash bobbin their heads to stuff that's average and have heard tales of people saying you can't say anything in the studio or you'll be thrown out. Too many people seem to just want to be around him or his money and don't want to piss of the golden goose by telling him that this is not it.

On a side note, why doesn't he act more?
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

topdogg188

« Reply #674 on: July 18, 2021, 02:25:14 AM »
i was thinkin the same

I wouldn't say garbage - just average for someone that claims perfection and something new. For me Boss' Life was meh as I was comparing it at the time with Busta's ELE Everybody Rise that was out prior to it with the same exact piano smaple. Out the two I prefer Busta's Version that has the energy and set the tone on the whole ELE album. What I mean is none of those songs are head turning like making me go damn! what did I just listen too - rewind that! like the 2001 era was and all the hits upto around the Blue Carpet Treatment.  It seems to me that Dre just surrounds himself with yes men like abusive posted about Kanye. I was watching a clip the other day of an unreleased song - with the hey young world sample. Everyone in the studio acting like its some dope beat nodding their heads and this should be the next single like Still Dre. I would have been like Dre what is this? - almost the same beat as Prodigy's Keep It Thoro that sounds way better - Dre what you doing?

Legends of the fall offs - i'm not into that horror core sounding vibe. I had the Gravediggaz 6 feet deep back in the day - that was enough for me!