Author Topic: FATLIP - TORPOR (Official Discussion)  (Read 7400 times)

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
Re: FATLIP - TORPOR (New Album 8/23)
« Reply #165 on: August 23, 2022, 03:15:56 PM »
Album definitely exceeded my expectations.  It kind of came to me in stages. 

1 -  First I liked the idea that it was a Fatlip solo album.  Like even though there was a team behind it, a listener digests an album better when there is a focal point.  Think about all the compilations over the years, it's kind of like meh... but then think about albums like the Chronic how much we loved Snoop, Kurupt, RBX and everybody that contributed, even though they weren't on the cover.  So, even though ya'll presented the album and you got key contributions from big names like Krazy, RBX, Butch Cassidy--it was a great move to make it a Fatlip solo.

2 -  2nd point, you guys released one of your first joints from the album "Wake Up" and I got to be honest I wasn't that into it.  I mean I was hyped that you had RBX linked in, and then the track and video came and I was just lukewarm on it.  Cause you know I got strong political views on the Coward-19 hoax, and I was thinking to myself, "wake up from what?  Isn't MO's people on facebook all the time talking about gettin vaxxed and wearin the mask" so that set my interest back a bit.  (Later, when I got the album and heard the full sequence it made sense cause it's the opening track after the RBX intro so it actually plays really well as an album cut)

3 -  3rd point, you dropped "Dust in the Wind".  Then I was back on board.  You got the saxophone and I knew how much of a fan Dogg is of Illmatic, we even bumped it way back in the day on a ride from the airport if you remember--and seeing the direction of the artwork and visuals around the release of the song I could see dogg's pawprints all over it. 

4 - Then the Pharcyde reunion, ya'll outdid yourself getting Butch Cassidy to do the hook.  It could of just been a Pharcyde reunion and been a big deal but it's actually a great song, and Butch is undeniable.  The other Pharcyde track on the album is also a great cut.  So it's more than just a reunion these are great songs.

5 -  Then I heard Sccit's joint "The Way" with Krayzie Bone and that's when I started to get all in on the project.  Because, Sccit  has clearly taken his game next level now, like to spar with Krayzie Bone on a track like that is a big deal, and for him to come off strong--the way Sccit comes out of his verse on that joint.  That's when I started messaging Sccit like "okay we might have something here".

Now I'm bumping the album daily...all the track are dope, nothing is filler, "February" is a lovely track, like that emotional sound Dogg likes, then "Energy" and "DC" (minus the Trump reference) are bangers, and Sccit did some top notch mixing on "30 Minutes" much props to ya'll.  I'll do a more official review later and maybe a youtube video for it to put in my sig.

Yo this is all we’re asking for man. To hear a detailed review like that makes it all worth it. Much love homie. And yeah I’m a huge Nas stan. Illmatic will always influence me

Al Bundy

Re: FATLIP - TORPOR (Official Discussion)
« Reply #166 on: August 23, 2022, 11:05:07 PM »
Saw it just dropped on Qobuz. Will check it out tomorrow when I have time.

Was this release mastered in Hi-Res? 24-Bit/44.1 kHz is what Qobuz shows available.

Sccit

« Reply #167 on: August 23, 2022, 11:21:31 PM »
Saw it just dropped on Qobuz. Will check it out tomorrow when I have time.

Was this release mastered in Hi-Res? 24-Bit/44.1 kHz is what Qobuz shows available.

yea big bass mastered it .. the feedback we been gettin is that the cd sounds much better .. that’s why i don’t fux wit spotify

astra4322

« Reply #168 on: August 23, 2022, 11:49:53 PM »
Apple music as always two weeks later  ;D

Sccit

« Reply #169 on: August 23, 2022, 11:55:01 PM »
Apple music as always two weeks later  ;D

lol apple music the woat

if it was up to me, id kill all the digital outlets and take the world back to vinyl, tape & cds

astra4322

« Reply #170 on: August 24, 2022, 01:02:52 AM »
It's on all platforms despite Apple.

doggfather

« Reply #171 on: August 24, 2022, 01:03:18 AM »

if it was up to me, id kill all the digital outlets and take the world back to vinyl, tape & cds

+1
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

HighEyeCue

« Reply #172 on: August 24, 2022, 09:07:11 AM »
just purchased the digital from bandcamp

going to give it a proper listen this weekend

shout out to Infinite for letting me know 8)

The following users thanked this post: Sccit, Duck Duck Doggy

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #173 on: August 24, 2022, 09:41:17 AM »

Good shit bro. I just seen that. Let us know your thoughts

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #175 on: August 24, 2022, 06:12:55 PM »

good lookin out homie  8)
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: Sccit, HighEyeCue

Al Bundy

« Reply #176 on: August 24, 2022, 11:17:20 PM »
Just grabbed the album from Qobuz. Ran it through a spectrogram. Big Bass Gardner mastered it well - better than most major DSP releases. A lot of music is getting released with 128kbps mp3's as master material and this was not one of them.

Will give it a spin later this week.

Spotify is lossy and is not comparable to CD quality. Better off getting this through Qobuz.

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/sccit-siavash-the-grouch-present-torpor-fatlip/hqz5dapdy571a

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Sccit

« Reply #177 on: August 25, 2022, 08:39:22 AM »
Just grabbed the album from Qobuz. Ran it through a spectrogram. Big Bass Gardner mastered it well - better than most major DSP releases. A lot of music is getting released with 128kbps mp3's as master material and this was not one of them.

Will give it a spin later this week.

Spotify is lossy and is not comparable to CD quality. Better off getting this through Qobuz.

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/sccit-siavash-the-grouch-present-torpor-fatlip/hqz5dapdy571a

good lookin out

yea .. big bass is truly the goat

astra4322

« Reply #178 on: August 25, 2022, 10:18:48 AM »
Everybody shoul learn from how master the album Sccit.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit