Author Topic: Let’s be honest the South ruined hiphop  (Read 1433 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Let’s be honest the South ruined hiphop
« on: November 30, 2021, 09:45:50 AM »
Look I didn’t like the direction rap went after Pac died... before Pac died nearly ever fuccing thing out was dope... because the whole culture itself was dope so anything that came out of it was dope... you can watch any Fab 5 Freddy YO episode and it is nonstop dopeness for hours and hours and years one end...

After Pac died I didn’t like that Puff took over and Def Jam and the East Coast but it was still dope at the end of the day I mean I just resented them cause I loved the West and Death Row but at the same time Def Jam is Russel Simmons and nobody can deny his stamp on hiphop... Puff was also extended fam of Pac and Rus and part of the same energy and era even if they were rivals...

Shit got fucced up once No Limit took the crown... and still I was a fan.. still I loved the I’m Bout It album and the movie even though it was shit quality.. but by the time Cash money came around that was the first time the crown went to an entity that I couldn’t fucc wit at all... like their shit had no appeal with me and they were on top of the industry for a good number of years and fucced up the game...

My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

HighEyeCue

Re: Let’s be honest the South ruined hiphop
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 05:24:39 AM »
Cash Money was dope during those early years

I think Autotune and ringtone rappers really were the culprits in the 2000's

The following users thanked this post: escowino, Teddy Loc

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 07:30:37 AM »
i saw an interview the other day where klc was saying how master p told him he didn’t really need to mix the music and make it crisp, because most people didn’t have systems that would even notice the difference..he said as long as you could hear the vocals and bassline, you were good to go

it explains why a lot of that no limit shit sounded so cheap.. p gave the producers deadlines and rushed them on the mix, finished or not

i agree with the sentiment of this thread, although in retrospect, mannie fresh was an incredible producer and cash money was actually far better produced than no limit.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2021, 08:24:46 PM »
i saw an interview the other day where klc was saying how master p told him he didn’t really need to mix the music and make it crisp, because most people didn’t have systems that would even notice the difference..he said as long as you could hear the vocals and bassline, you were good to go

it explains why a lot of that no limit shit sounded so cheap.. p gave the producers deadlines and rushed them on the mix, finished or not

i agree with the sentiment of this thread, although in retrospect, mannie fresh was an incredible producer and cash money was actually far better produced than no limit.

Not just no limit, Kurupts first album doesn’t play loud in my stereo, Wutangs first album, etc
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2021, 09:33:04 PM »
Not just no limit, Kurupts first album doesn’t play loud in my stereo, Wutangs first album, etc

wu-tang shit was poorly mixed but mastering was solid

kurupts debut i don’t remember soundin bad, but i gota check

Okka

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2021, 03:55:28 AM »

wu-tang shit was poorly mixed but mastering was solid

kurupts debut i don’t remember soundin bad, but i gota check

Nothing wrong with "Kuruption!". Not sure what Infinite means.

tha kid2012

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2021, 07:20:49 PM »
I always say this but 2003 was when it was a wrap for commercial hip-hop for me when that crunk shit hit the scene. The A Town stomp, Bone Crucher Never Scared and Chingy Right Thur came on the scene, I just couldn't do it no more. The final nail in the coffin was when Rap City the basement got taken off the air, that was it for me, was straight underground and going back in time to rediscover shit I never heard before and it's been that way ever since

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2021, 02:17:09 PM »
I always say this but 2003 was when it was a wrap for commercial hip-hop for me when that crunk shit hit the scene. The A Town stomp, Bone Crucher Never Scared and Chingy Right Thur came on the scene, I just couldn't do it no more. The final nail in the coffin was when Rap City the basement got taken off the air, that was it for me, was straight underground and going back in time to rediscover shit I never heard before and it's been that way ever since

I would agree with you but remember we were still in the baggy jeans era and G Unit had their run... When it switched to tight jeans that’s when it was a wrap for me...

Nas called it in late 06’ and made it official with his timely and aptly named HipHop is Dead album

I think Lil Wayne was the one who really set off the skinny jeans era but I wouldn’t really know cause whoever did it was someone I wasn’t listening to

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2021, 06:36:01 AM »
That was when I stopped checking for rap. As an artform it was done. No Limits mixing was almost as bad as their "talent" hooting and hollering on the mic. After that its just been a downward slide with only people stuck in the past who ain't got shit popping now or in the future sticking with the genre.

Damn shame what they did to rap as it used to be something else. Think back to how much variety, styles and polish there was and now everyone literally bites everyone else and it sounds the same. On the flip I've heard some amazing genres outside of rap and tunes that blow my mind, just found some new stuff from Japan the other day and its all so fresh that it brings the feeling back.

You've got to expand your mind when you outgrow a genre you were raised in otherwise it holds you back with memories, like a bad relationship. End it. Quick.

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2021, 07:29:09 AM »
That was when I stopped checking for rap. As an artform it was done. No Limits mixing was almost as bad as their "talent" hooting and hollering on the mic. After that its just been a downward slide with only people stuck in the past who ain't got shit popping now or in the future sticking with the genre.

Damn shame what they did to rap as it used to be something else. Think back to how much variety, styles and polish there was and now everyone literally bites everyone else and it sounds the same. On the flip I've heard some amazing genres outside of rap and tunes that blow my mind, just found some new stuff from Japan the other day and its all so fresh that it brings the feeling back.

You've got to expand your mind when you outgrow a genre you were raised in otherwise it holds you back with memories, like a bad relationship. End it. Quick.

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2021, 07:39:55 AM »

I wouldn't expect anyone raised in privilege who spurns what his parents offered him in order to act "hood" to comprehend what evolution, growth and maturity look like. There is a reason you're hailed WOAT everywhere you go but you don't seem to see it. Hint its not because everyone else is a hater.

Run along now and be quiet.

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2021, 07:50:25 AM »
I wouldn't expect anyone raised in privilege who spurns what his parents offered him in order to act "hood" to comprehend what evolution, growth and maturity look like. There is a reason you're hailed WOAT everywhere you go but you don't seem to see it. Hint its not because everyone else is a hater.

Run along now and be quiet.

you say the same thing in every post

again, compare and contrast our karma.. you are the one gettin clowned here. not that internet approval means anything, but since u put such a premium on it you should take note of that before you open your pretentious mouth.

u can always leave it to a cac nerd to talk about someone “acting hood” .. i left high school without a dollar to my name. the only thing my parents ever offered me was their roof, but i hustled up enough money in my early 20s to own property and have been helping fund my parents business ventures ever since.. so all this “privilege” talk you use as a go to diss (which you stole from a norwegian cac btw) is baseless.

now back to the topic at hand, being a pretentious fuckboy who turns his nose up on a rich art form (hip-hop) under the guise of being “cultured” is exactly what i’d expect from a lonely loser like yaself.. u should also know the history of that mindset and how it’s actually based in white supremacy. but you’re a flavorless cac, so no shocker there.

which brings me to my next question.. ur so intrigued by who i am. what about u? u married? got kids? what do u do for a living?

i ask because you’re literally nameless and post as if you’re sitting in your mothers basement. please tell us a little more about yaself. i think we deserve that much.

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2021, 08:04:31 AM »
Cacaveli, listen. You literally walk around The Coli with a WOAT tag under your name. Are constantly clowned. Perpetually negged and generally herbed in every single thread. And its been that way for nearly a decade.

From what others have said it was the same here till ban ban as well so I can see why you'd bring that up whilst downplaying the other.

Anyway, I'm done with this. You already know what I think about you and the regressive members of this forum stuck in a past they can't forget because of a future they don't want to acknowledge.

Just thought I'd drop a few gems on em before I bounced. If you're nice I'll drop the Atmos hookup before I take a break from posting on here and you will know my name is The Engineer when I lay the beats upon thee.

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2021, 08:20:03 AM »
Cacaveli, listen. You literally walk around The Coli with a WOAT tag under your name. Are constantly clowned. Perpetually negged and generally herbed in every single thread. And its been that way for nearly a decade.

From what others have said it was the same here till ban ban as well so I can see why you'd bring that up whilst downplaying the other.

Anyway, I'm done with this. You already know what I think about you and the regressive members of this forum stuck in a past they can't forget because of a future they don't want to acknowledge.

Just thought I'd drop a few gems on em before I bounced. If you're nice I'll drop the Atmos hookup before I take a break from posting on here and you will know my name is The Engineer when I lay the beats upon thee.

do you know why i have a woat tag? because i defend israel with my chin up high on an anti-semitic forum. the fact that internet approval on a forum where a majority or the folks dislike non-black people means a thing to you speaks volumes. actually, the admin of the coli is the homie and fux wit me heavy. dude stickies all my music threads where the incel and militant basement dwellers that you look up to “herb” (wtf kinda redneck term is this) and even deletes/bans users who come at me wit the anti-semitic bs.

and just like i expected, you dodged literally every question i posed. typical nerd behavior, hide behind a screen casting stones while doing everything in your power to remain anonymous.

:sas:

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2021, 01:12:33 PM »
1. The South with Jiggy Being Blinded and later Bounce Crunk shit. It also reached the whole Scene fromEast to LA & Bay (Hyphy) .

2. The misconception of Mixtapes.
On Mixtapes in early/mid 00s everybody and their Mama was rapping over Commercial mainstream beats, which were dominated by South & the Sound & it ended up to complete lose of hip-hop's variety & versatility in styles which led to mess ups and out of place projects, tracks & "Mixtapes".

It was THE PEAK when
Mannie Fresh & Mos Def Project came out.Not saying it was bad or something but what I say is: Mannie Fresh & Mos Def have/had their own individual Styles..one from the South on Bling Being & South & Mos Def from NY on some conscious rap tip.see what I mean?

Word is 50 Cents "MIXTAPES" started the MESS. Everybody on everybody "Mixtapes" = DIY Albums nowdays lol

If You want to know what a Mix tape is and should be called check out: Tony Touch, PF Cittin, Funk Flex (fuck him for dissing Makaveli but still), Tapekingz Stuff.

Mixtape: Exclusive Tracks, Freeztyles, Blends, RMXs, Scratching & Cutting..Turntablism.