Author Topic: Let’s be honest the South ruined hiphop  (Read 1463 times)

TRAX (SFV)

Re: Let’s be honest the South ruined hiphop
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2021, 09:11:45 AM »
I didn't even like Diddy and Biggie and No Limit at the time.  That's when rap started to go downhill for me.  Even west coast rappers started sounding different in the late 90s.
YOU CAN PIMP ME BITCH....WHEN THEY MAKE DILDOS OUTTA DAYTON SPOKES!

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2021, 11:42:50 AM »

now back to the topic at hand, being a pretentious fuckboy who turns his nose up on a rich art form (hip-hop) under the guise of being “cultured” is exactly what i’d expect from a lonely loser like yaself.. u should also know the history of that mindset and how it’s actually based in white supremacy. but you’re a flavorless cac, so no shocker there.

Not sure what this is all about both sides are posturing but it's not really fair when one dude is real and puts himself out there and the other guy is just anonymous and we know nothing about him...but one thing I agree on...

...The irony of dudes on hip-hop forums calling out cats for being "immature" for loving hip-hop or even loving a particular era of hip-hop (I'm Infinite Trapped in 96') but yet the Rolling Stones are like 70 years old and they can tour the whole globe and out perform all other artists... are the Rolling Stones so much more enlightened then rappers are??  So is it okay if you are into a particular era of jazz music but not okay if you're loyal to a particular style of hip-hop??

Of course not; and I actually think this viewpoint is dying out; it was just that rap was a new genre and up until Dre took the game next level in the 90's even casual fans had thought it was a fad that was going to go out like disco.  Even Too Short had a retirement party at age 29 in 1996 because the general perception was that it was a young man's sport; but now of course you see Dre still making noise even in his 50's with NWA movie, GTA, performing at the Superbowl
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2021, 04:15:20 AM »

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2021, 09:00:24 AM »
Not sure what this is all about both sides are posturing but it's not really fair when one dude is real and puts himself out there and the other guy is just anonymous and we know nothing about him...

VVVV

and just like i expected, you dodged literally every question i posed. typical nerd behavior, hide behind a screen casting stones while doing everything in your power to remain anonymous.

dudes a throwback to the high school level dubcc posters from the 2000s era who used to ride nuts for the lulz

and he does it confidently while putting up a front of being “mature” and “cultured” .. he’s like an internet version of a dave chappelle comedy sketch. no self-awareness.

hip-hop is too immature for his extensive range in music

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2021, 09:55:18 AM »
The South was dope as hell. So Scarface, UGK, 3 6 Mafia, OutKast, Cee Lo, Devin the dude, Paul Wall, Mystikal, Timbaland, Pusha T, Project Pat, Trick Daddy, Peter Pablo, Missy Elliot, Juvenile, and many more

You wanna call them all wack? Nah

The following users thanked this post: Jome, dnjp4life, Teddy Loc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2022, 11:51:06 PM »
The South was dope as hell. So UGK, 3 6 Mafia, Cee Lo, Paul Wall, Mystikal, Timbaland, Pusha T, Project Pat, Trick Daddy, Peter Pablo, Missy Elliot, Juvenile, and many more

Yes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2022, 12:03:07 AM »
VVVV

dudes a throwback to the high school level dubcc posters from the 2000s era who used to ride nuts for the lulz

and he does it confidently while putting up a front of being “mature” and “cultured” .. he’s like an internet version of a dave chappelle comedy sketch. no self-awareness.

hip-hop is too immature for his extensive range in music

Yes I had already read what you wrote before I posted... I’ve been taking up these type arguments ever since 2pac died and I started my freshman year of high school.  Everyone was a trendy rap fan for a half year after “California Love” blew up and then Pac died and less then a year later they were suddenly enlightened now that they were freshman in high school and listening to 3-11, and rap was “nigger-shit” and then Freshman year of college they ascended to the heavens and became so Wholly Evolved that they now listened to Dave Mathews Band — so of course at such a deep level of enlightenment they understood the folly and foolishness of their youth

If I had a picture of Duke Ellington and I was like “Infinite trapped in Jazz era 1933” they would be like “he’s so eclectic” lol  ;D

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2022, 01:37:25 AM »
The South was dope as hell. So Scarface, UGK, 3 6 Mafia, OutKast, Cee Lo, Devin the dude, Paul Wall, Mystikal, Timbaland, Pusha T, Project Pat, Trick Daddy, Peter Pablo, Missy Elliot, Juvenile, and many more

We're talking about this newer south sound that Nelly started

doggfather

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2022, 03:38:08 AM »
he wrote ruined, but he meant saved...

thats the only way that makes sense.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Jay_J

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2022, 11:14:37 AM »
i can only agree because trap sub-genre invented under southern hip hop and it cost a decade already for hip hop. i want real hip-hop back without this auto tune and trap shit. enough is enough.

however like people said above, there was a period southern rappers dominated hip-hop in early 2000s and i was a fan of it also.

outkast, mystikal, ludacris, bubba sparxxx, timbaland, missy elliot, ugk, chamillonaire, young buck...

i never was a no limit fan, they were totally wack! look at snoop's first album from no limit, look at any other song produced by no limit producer existed in a snoop album. wack wack wack and it had to exist because master p wants so and i always wanted snoop to get rid of that lable.

BIGWORM

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2022, 11:28:05 AM »
If artists stayed true to themselves and not followed the wave. Hip Hop would have excelled. No coast or region ruinef it. They all had their roll in it turning to shit

The following users thanked this post: doggfather

Teddy Loc

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2022, 08:04:50 PM »

And I agree on that one and this is comming from a man that's original from Upstate N.Y. and started to go to the South since the 80's.
#NoDoubt

Young Old Head

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2022, 08:36:56 AM »
I find it funny that so many "older folks" complain about hip-hop nowadays when there's still so much new talent out there, u just have to dig deeper and find it. But of course the new rappers ain't as good as the heroes from back in the day, cause u ain't as open and emotionally attached to them as much as u r to the older ones. It's really that simple.

Cash Money Blood Gang

The following users thanked this post: Teddy Loc

HighEyeCue

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2022, 10:01:41 AM »
i can only agree because trap sub-genre invented under southern hip hop and it cost a decade already for hip hop. i want real hip-hop back without this auto tune and trap shit. enough is enough.

however like people said above, there was a period southern rappers dominated hip-hop in early 2000s and i was a fan of it also.

outkast, mystikal, ludacris, bubba sparxxx, timbaland, missy elliot, ugk, chamillonaire, young buck...

i never was a no limit fan, they were totally wack! look at snoop's first album from no limit, look at any other song produced by no limit producer existed in a snoop album. wack wack wack and it had to exist because master p wants so and i always wanted snoop to get rid of that lable.

Snoop really never meshed with the No Limit sound...not that they were great producers anyway but did make some beats that I enjoyed

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2022, 04:05:15 AM »

The South gon hold it down, its a blassic bitches and epitomizes everything the South bought to the game. Mans laid the hook with the pain of 10,000 slaves in his voice and the bars were straight up magma.

Best recognize.