Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - BACC ON DEATH ROW (Official Discussion)  (Read 14260 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re: SNOOP DOGG - B.O.D.R (New Album 2/13)
« Reply #270 on: February 09, 2022, 09:11:55 AM »
I hear you. These songs are the ones I thought should've been scrapped. I think they were an appeal to the younger crowd but they totally interfere with the theme of the album. However, "It's Everywhere" with Uncle Murda is cool to me.

Soopafly produced Doggysylin' and Catch A Vibe (I think he did some ad-libs on there too during the chorus if I remember correctly).

DPG has pledged allegiance to and support for Deathrow so we'll see what that turns into but yeah, they should've been featured along with Tha Eastsidaz. If Deee & Goldie had verses on Doggystylin' it would've been next level for that track (plus it would've been longer, which is always good).

We'll see what Super Bowl Sunday reveals about the future of the original gang. But I'm buying this album. There's enough there to enjoy despite my criticisms.

You definitely won't see the old Death Row at Super Bowl 😆

Smoke

« Reply #271 on: February 09, 2022, 09:36:11 AM »
From the streaming, i'm lovin this album. I really love "Sadwich Bag" with Battlecat's talk box during the verses. "Doggystyilin" has a great Soopafly production. The Nas song too. I liked almost all the songs. Can't wait for the album
Oh, the BC production are always on top and flow of Snoop is so good

Mr. Sunshine

« Reply #272 on: February 09, 2022, 10:18:32 AM »
Bacc On Death Row and only Nate? Comon. What sense does it make to name the album like that.

thats my thought too and when you start the album, the beats make no sense too, the first 5 beside It's In The Air (Feat. Uncle Murda & Jane Handcock), thats a beat that would fit, but please without Uncle Murda, the rest sound like Algorithm leftovers
then it turns into a good Album!i would skip Gotta Keep Pushing (Feat. T.I. & Sleepy Brown) & Daddy (Feat. Emo Trap) the feat is terrible!
my hope was that he pick more beats like It's In The Air, Doggystylin', Still Smokin' the Battlecat produced Joints are the best tracks of the Album!

Jay_J

« Reply #273 on: February 09, 2022, 10:57:49 AM »
one more snoop album with battlecat's average productions... i don't understand why doesnt he give him his best works?

You may react wtf!!! when i say "average bc" but have u guys ever listened to battlecat's live instagram shows and beats he played? there are incredible beats and bangers but snoop never gets one of em. he keeps picking weak ones instead bangers. i hate that.

The following users thanked this post: Klue, hitsaw, Orbyte

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #274 on: February 09, 2022, 11:01:22 AM »
Remove the first 5 songs and you have a decent mixtape

Jay_J

« Reply #275 on: February 09, 2022, 01:06:42 PM »

Soopafly produced Doggysylin' and Catch A Vibe (I think he did some ad-libs on there too during the chorus if I remember correctly).

where did u read that soopafly produced doggystylin? just wanted to make sure.

« Reply #276 on: February 09, 2022, 01:22:43 PM »
one more snoop album with battlecat's average productions... i don't understand why doesnt he give him his best works?

You may react wtf!!! when i say "average bc" but have u guys ever listened to battlecat's live instagram shows and beats he played? there are incredible beats and bangers but snoop never gets one of em. he keeps picking weak ones instead bangers. i hate that.

You know how you can buy grades of weed from brick pack dirt all the way up to organic bionic bubonic chronic (or whatever the kids smoke these days) and points in between? Beats are like that.

A throwaway beat is cheap because no one else wants it, it gives you a marketing angle and you give up less publishing points. A certified banger that everyone knows is hot costs. Upfront and back end. On top of that it will require proper mixing because any decent producer isn't going let his heat be killed with trash quality fidelity that doesn't knock and there are usually increased legal costs as well and various other behind the scenes things that up the price.

There it is. Thats why Snoops projects sound cheap because they are. He generally buys cash up front beats to skip all of the above and just keep churning out releases. Take a couple of big names, two more has beens and fill the rest out with Soundcloud level beats and thats the project done after its been ran through a Fruity Loops loudness filter and shared with an MS Paint cover. If he gets a smash hit he scores big as the profit is all his. If it bricks, it doesn't matter because the recoup is low and he doesn't have anything else to pay. His videos are the same, shot on phones and edited by some kid in the Philippines.

All that money he makes he could easily release 1 A1 album every two years instead of 6 crappy amateurish drops but he is a business, not an artist. Its about keeping the Snoop Dogg brand out there because he knows suckers will eat it up as he has die hard Stans waiting to jump on his jock.

Personally I won't and don't support that kind of "artistry" because its obvious he doesn't respect those who made him what he is but then Snooper Dooper has always been a conman and you suckers keep letting him get away with it. At least his pimp thing was real because he certainly knows how to hoe his fans.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 01:28:42 PM by ⠀ »

Sccit

« Reply #277 on: February 09, 2022, 01:30:41 PM »
You know how you can buy grades of weed from brick pack dirt all the way up to bionic bubonic chronic and points in between? Beats are like that.

A throwaway beat is cheap because no one else wants it, it gives you a marketing angle and you give up less publishing points. A certified banger that everyone knows is hot costs. Upfront and back end. On top of that it will require proper mixing because any decent producer isn't going let his heat be killed with trash quality fidelity that doesn't knock and there are usually increased legal costs as well and various other behind the scenes things that up the price.

There it is. Thats why Snoops projects sound cheap because they are. He generally buys cash up front beats to skip all of the above and just keep churning out releases. Take a couple of big names, two more has beens and fill the rest out with Soundcloud level beats and thats the project done after its been ran through a Fruity Loops loudness filter and shared with an MS Paint cover. If he gets a smash hit he scores big as the profit is all his. If it bricks, it doesn't matter because the recoup is low and he doesn't have anything else to pay.

All that money he makes he could easily release 1 A1 album every two years instead of 6 crappy amateurish drops but he is a business, not an artist. Its about keeping the Snoop Dogg brand out there because he knows suckers will eat it up as he has die hard Stans waiting to jump on his jock.

Personally I won't and don't support that kind of "artistry" because its obvious he doesn't respect those who made him what he is but then Snooper Dooper has always been a conman and you suckers keep letting him get away with it. At least his pimp thing was real because he certainly knows how to hoe his fans.

but it’s not good for the brand.. it’s just lazy

look at jay-z .. he leapfrogged snoop in terms of popularity and that’s due to him making concentrated efforts to release proper albums.

snoops brand would be way bigger and he’d be worth more if he did the same.

anyways, i haven’t heard this one yet, so i’ll reserve judgement.. production list looks dope, but features are a lil disappointing. we’ll see.

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #279 on: February 09, 2022, 03:19:54 PM »
The key factor here is "Brand" so he will be able to claim Death Row, have merchandise but not the catalogue

The following users thanked this post: doggfather

Safe+Sound

« Reply #280 on: February 09, 2022, 03:20:53 PM »
Well, it's official: Snoop acquired Deathrow from Blackstone. But in relation to BODR, there will be 3 bonus tracks. Here's the link from the Hollywood Reporter but I'll include the excerpt about the bonus tracks:

"[Snoop] is also releasing a new album, B.O.D.R., an acronym that stands for “Back on Death Row,” in partnership with Gala Games, the blockchain gaming platform. That company announced today that its newly launched division, Gala Music, will be home to three bonus tracks from B.O.D.R."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/snoop-dogg-death-row-records-new-album-dr-dre-suge-knight-1235090165/

Safe+Sound

« Reply #281 on: February 09, 2022, 03:22:31 PM »
The key factor here is "Brand" so he will be able to claim Death Row, have merchandise but not the catalogue

From the Variety article:

"Terms of the transaction were not disclosed, however, a source close to the situation tells Variety that Snoop’s acquisition of the Death Row brand is the first part of a transaction that is expected to see him also acquiring some of the label’s music rights — his own and unspecified other artists. The source says the deal is expected to conclude in the coming weeks."

romson19

« Reply #282 on: February 09, 2022, 04:47:48 PM »
RIP Nate Dogg
RIP Nipsey Hussle
RIP Bad Azz

h2k4

« Reply #283 on: February 09, 2022, 06:30:12 PM »
Some of ya'll set yourselves up for failure by expecting a 9o's era Death Row type release. It's still Snoop Dogg we are talking about here.

I'll reserve judgment until I hear the entire thing but the snippets that I have heard sound promising.

Safe+Sound

« Reply #284 on: February 09, 2022, 08:38:01 PM »
Some of ya'll set yourselves up for failure by expecting a 9o's era Death Row type release. It's still Snoop Dogg we are talking about here.

I'll reserve judgment until I hear the entire thing but the snippets that I have heard sound promising.

We're never getting the 90s back. But this deal has promise that can revive some of that flavor with both old - like Tha Eastsidaz, Dogg Pound, Soopafly, Battlecat, etc - and the new - like Doggystyleeee.

Snoop may take this a bit more seriously. After all it was the label that launched his career. As far as BODR goes, I heard it and I'm buying it. There's a lot good things on that album, minus a few oddball songs. Definitely enough to justify a purchase. He sounds refreshed and focused. And with Tha Eastsidaz project in the Deathrow pipe, it's looking good. October London will probably debut on Deathrow now that I think about it.