Author Topic: THE GAME - DRILLMATIC (Official Discussion)  (Read 9726 times)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Re: THE GAME - DRILLMATIC (New Album Coming Soon)
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2022, 11:16:08 AM »
His first 3 albums were great, when he had more of that old school Dr. Dre flow.  Then he developed the high pitched whiney Kanye Flow, slowly switching to the Nipsey flow.  All those albums were really hit or miss, a couple good tracks here and there, sort of like how Snoop albums are these days.  Then he came with Documentary 2.0 and 2.5....near classics, then back to his Nipsey flow again. 

Dunno what to expect for this one, i'm sure there'll be a few bangers, and the rest so-so.  Production has seemed to hurt him the last 5 or 6 albums.  A personal choice, but i just don't feel a lot of his beat selections.  He tries so hard to be modern and mainstream sounding and the mainstream rejects him, while alienating his core audience who love his more classic westcoast flow.  I wish he'd get that deep gravely voice back that he had on his first few albums.  Ever since then it sounds like someone kicked him in his nuts and his voice never recovered.   

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2022, 11:25:09 AM »
His first 3 albums were great, when he had more of that old school Dr. Dre flow.  Then he developed the high pitched whiney Kanye Flow, slowly switching to the Nipsey flow.  All those albums were really hit or miss, a couple good tracks here and there, sort of like how Snoop albums are these days.  Then he came with Documentary 2.0 and 2.5....near classics, then back to his Nipsey flow again. 

Dunno what to expect for this one, i'm sure there'll be a few bangers, and the rest so-so.  Production has seemed to hurt him the last 5 or 6 albums.  A personal choice, but i just don't feel a lot of his beat selections.  He tries so hard to be modern and mainstream sounding and the mainstream rejects him, while alienating his core audience who love his more classic westcoast flow.  I wish he'd get that deep gravely voice back that he had on his first few albums.  Ever since then it sounds like someone kicked him in his nuts and his voice never recovered.   

never heard someone question game for beat selection, he’s usually praised for that as one of his best qualities

The following users thanked this post: mtbsm

dnjp4life

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2022, 02:42:59 PM »
Y'all really like Jesus Piece? Blood Moon Year of the Wolf, Documentary 2 and 2.5, 1992 and Born 2 Rap - aside from a few good songs here and there those albums are below average. Last week i tried relistening to Born 2 Rap 8-9 tracks in I was just willing that to end so i could listen to something else.

Documentary 2.5 in particular out of the albums you listed is brilliant, and probably my 2nd favourite Game album.  1992 is also really good and has a good vibe to it.  I'm always down to hear some new Game and will check out this new album for sure.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

h2k4

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2022, 05:07:46 PM »

I think you might be the only person that has questioned his production/beat selection.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

doggfather

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2022, 09:45:09 PM »

they weren’t released as studio albums

check his discography

Neva said there were.
U said u like all but blood of moon.
Thats why i asked bout these other 2 releases.

Imo these 3 projects are the same quality. Thats it. That s the comment.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2022, 10:13:33 PM »

Neva said there were.
U said u like all but blood of moon.
Thats why i asked bout these other 2 releases.

Imo these 3 projects are the same quality. Thats it. That s the comment.

i don’t remember blood of the moon much outside of nothin standin out

the other 2 i remember bein mediocre filler projects

lakersalltheway

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2022, 11:28:46 PM »

Someone else posted this in another thread a week or so ago. Sounds pretty good.

Another one, with the classic name drops lol.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 12:03:07 AM by lakersalltheway »

astra4322

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2022, 12:44:20 AM »
I hope he will realease it soon.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2022, 04:53:02 AM »
what an idiotic title?!

hope he changes it

other than that looking forward to the album 8)

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2022, 06:17:54 AM »
original title was supposed to be 30 for 30 .. and it was sposta be 30 tracks

guess he scrapped that idea

red

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2022, 07:06:32 AM »
Y'all really like Jesus Piece? Blood Moon Year of the Wolf, Documentary 2 and 2.5, 1992 and Born 2 Rap - aside from a few good songs here and there those albums are below average. Last week i tried relistening to Born 2 Rap 8-9 tracks in I was just willing that to end so i could listen to something else.
  You smoking Dogg.  All those releases you named were way above average.  When you said what you said about Born2Rap, I knew right then, you're an idiot.

Francisco14

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2022, 08:07:13 AM »
true the production on those albums was soft, and weak, you guys get impressed by garbage albums, go listen to west side connections bowdown album, or YG  mykrazylife, those are banging albums

dnjp4life

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2022, 02:02:04 PM »
true the production on those albums was soft, and weak, you guys get impressed by garbage albums, go listen to west side connections bowdown album, or YG  mykrazylife, those are banging albums

The beats on Documentary 2.5 and quite a lot of 1992 bang hard as hell, I don’t know what you’re talking about.  Game got blessed by DJ Quik, Battlecat, Bongo and others on those albums.  Yes YG’s album and Bow Down both knock as well, obviously, but so do those Game albums just the same.

h2k4

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2022, 05:55:37 PM »

:mjlol:

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2022, 11:44:22 PM »
cats wildin talkin down on the production on doc 2 & 2.5