Author Topic: THE GAME - DRILLMATIC (Official Discussion)  (Read 9763 times)

doggfather

Re: THE GAME - DRILLMATIC (New Album 6/17)
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2022, 02:17:50 AM »
i've been listening to game's records since he came out in early 2000s.... i still don't know what makes him a good rapper. lyrical abilty? technique? wordplay? flow?... all he does is mentioning other rappers. if he hasnt had chance to release an album produced by dr. dre i think we'd never heard of him.

i'm not a "the game" hater, i just think he is overrated.

+1 he is mediocre at best.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

The following users thanked this post: mtbsm

Jay_J

« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2022, 03:59:32 AM »
That's true, same situation with Em. If it wasn't for Dre he would be nobody.

i don't agree at all... no doubt em is fucking genius and talented. but sometimes you need the right guy at the right time if you want to be succesful in music business...

Young Old Head

« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2022, 04:05:10 AM »
i've been listening to game's records since he came out in early 2000s.... i still don't know what makes him a good rapper. lyrical abilty? technique? wordplay? flow?... all he does is mentioning other rappers. if he hasnt had chance to release an album produced by dr. dre i think we'd never heard of him.

Game's strength is his competitiveness. He's basically a mixtape rapper. A great one, maybe even of the best at that. His advantage is that he got a great ear for beats, also makes decent albums and creates great songs from time to time. Story tellers like Like Father Like Son or Dreams. Hell, both of his Documentary 2 albums r great concept albums. + Game can rap. He's a student of the game.

I don't think he's overrated at all. Not anymore. He's labelled a great rapper. One of the best on the West Coast. Skills wise that's 100% accurate.

Cash Money Blood Gang

The following users thanked this post: abusive

heisenberg

« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2022, 04:45:29 AM »
Game's strength is his competitiveness. He's basically a mixtape rapper. A great one, maybe even of the best at that. His advantage is that he got a great ear for beats, also makes decent albums and creates great songs from time to time. Story tellers like Like Father Like Son or Dreams. Hell, both of his Documentary 2 albums r great concept albums. + Game can rap. He's a student of the game.

I don't think he's overrated at all. Not anymore. He's labelled a great rapper. One of the best on the West Coast. Skills wise that's 100% accurate.

what ?

Jay_J

« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2022, 05:23:14 AM »

i only agree "he got ear for beats" thats it.

doggfather

« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2022, 05:27:10 AM »
And that mixtape rapper part.
Yes he is.
And he good at.

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

BIGWORM

« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2022, 08:20:58 AM »
This will be as bunk as his last 4 releases. Maybe even worse because he's hanging around a bunch of "yes men" gassing him up...

Sccit

« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2022, 08:46:01 AM »

mic control, cadence, flow, voice inflections

The following users thanked this post: Young Old Head

HighEyeCue

« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2022, 09:09:55 AM »
I think people throw around the word "great" and "classic" too loosely nowadays

Game is a good rapper but lets not get carried away

Jay_J

« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2022, 12:09:56 PM »
mic control, cadence, flow, voice inflections

so it sounds like that

mic control..... dr. dre told me this.... cadence.... i forgot to add dr. dre told me that one also.... flow..... i talked to 50 cent and said bla bla..... flow.... crips, bloods, hitten switches in my 6-4... voice inflections.... did i tell you what dre told me before?

doggfather

« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2022, 12:20:32 PM »

+1000!

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2022, 01:06:30 PM »
@cey cey

i dont get what u sayin....u speakin on content, which has nothin to do wit what i said.

Young Old Head

« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2022, 01:21:34 PM »

Game is a good rapper but lets not get carried away

There's still a difference between "great" and "classic" tho

Cash Money Blood Gang

mtbsm

« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2022, 07:21:43 PM »
i don't agree at all... no doubt em is fucking genius and talented. but sometimes you need the right guy at the right time if you want to be succesful in music business...

Astra out of his gd mind. Dre doesn’t do shit for Em in the same way he doesn’t involve himself in Kendrick’s work. Similar dynamic

astra4322

« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2022, 09:58:57 PM »
Astra out of his gd mind. Dre doesn’t do shit for Em in the same way he doesn’t involve himself in Kendrick’s work. Similar dynamic

Dre put his fingers in official debut of 50, Kendrick and Em - coincident? Then Ok, I agree his involvment has decreased (depsite Em’s projects).