Author Topic: THE GAME - DRILLMATIC (Official Discussion)  (Read 9604 times)

Jay_J

Re: THE GAME - DRILLMATIC (New Album 6/17)
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2022, 11:58:12 PM »
Dre put his fingers in official debut of 50, Kendrick and Em - coincident? Then Ok, I agree his involvment has decreased (depsite Em’s projects).

Dre didnt put his fingers in Kendrick's debut, and other releases. Dre just let what kendrick and team wants to put out. Because he really has nothing to do with Kendrick's vibe. He wanted to put his finger in Paak's project "Oxnard" and it failed.

doggfather

« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2022, 02:56:23 AM »
We went through this.

Dre mixin gkmc. There are his fingers on the album.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Jay_J

« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2022, 04:03:21 AM »
We went through this.

Dre mixin gkmc. There are his fingers on the album.

YES But very less, that album would make the same impact without Dre's mixing fingers... Dre and Focus mixed whole "Ventura" but he has nothing to the with concept and production. Paak said Dre let him to do whatever he wants in Ventura contrary to Oxnard.... how much more dre involved with kendrick and paak, it can get worse that much. Dre doesnt have a chemistry with them and he is old and outdated to understand their vision unfortunately.

doggfather

« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2022, 04:30:04 AM »
No. We dont now haw it worked if de aint involved.

Theoretic shit without any chance.

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2022, 06:26:39 AM »
i see we still underestimating dre’s midas touch :snoop:

thegooddoc

« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2022, 07:50:22 PM »
YES But very less, that album would make the same impact without Dre's mixing fingers... Dre and Focus mixed whole "Ventura" but he has nothing to the with concept and production. Paak said Dre let him to do whatever he wants in Ventura contrary to Oxnard.... how much more dre involved with kendrick and paak, it can get worse that much. Dre doesnt have a chemistry with them and he is old and outdated to understand their vision unfortunately.

Even Kendrick's engineer would disagree with you. https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.36914/title.mixedbyali-details-lessons-learned-from-dr-dre  I'm positive there are more interviews in which Mixed by Ali gives Dre plenty of credit for the success of GKMC and other Kendrick songs.  Dre's fingerprints are all over GKMC, even if he didn't take credit for it. 

In regard to Paak, I always thought Oxnard and Ventura as companion albums.  Oxnard was the rap album, Ventura the R&B album.  It made sense that Dre would be more involved in the rap album.  IMO Oxnard was the better album, but most disagree which is fine.

Also, to say that he doesn't have chemistry with kendrick or paak is just ignorant.  Paak's two contributions on the Contract were great.  He was also great on the Compton album.  Unfortunately, Dre doesn't believe in promoting his own shit.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Sccit

« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2022, 08:43:46 PM »
Even Kendrick's engineer would disagree with you. https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.36914/title.mixedbyali-details-lessons-learned-from-dr-dre  I'm positive there are more interviews in which Mixed by Ali gives Dre plenty of credit for the success of GKMC and other Kendrick songs.  Dre's fingerprints are all over GKMC, even if he didn't take credit for it. 

In regard to Paak, I always thought Oxnard and Ventura as companion albums.  Oxnard was the rap album, Ventura the R&B album.  It made sense that Dre would be more involved in the rap album.  IMO Oxnard was the better album, but most disagree which is fine.

Also, to say that he doesn't have chemistry with kendrick or paak is just ignorant.  Paak's two contributions on the Contract were great.  He was also great on the Compton album.  Unfortunately, Dre doesn't believe in promoting his own shit.

i’ve come to expect this underrating of dres magic

cats act like they know what’s goin on in the studios

it’s been proven that dre is the biggest ghost producer in the industry

when he’s credited as “mixer”, he’s doing WAY more than most producers

believe that

goodyoung

« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2022, 11:23:22 PM »
i’ve come to expect this underrating of dres magic

cats act like they know what’s goin on in the studios

it’s been proven that dre is the biggest ghost producer in the industry

when he’s credited as “mixer”, he’s doing WAY more than most producers

believe that
this
plus The Recipe just might have been a Dre co-production, judging by how his musicans are listed in the credits.

Sccit

« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2022, 07:52:17 AM »
this
plus The Recipe just might have been a Dre co-production, judging by how his musicans are listed in the credits.

i would take co outa that and say just dre production

Okka

« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2022, 08:48:59 AM »
Dre didnt put his fingers in Kendrick's debut, and other releases. Dre just let what kendrick and team wants to put out. Because he really has nothing to do with Kendrick's vibe. He wanted to put his finger in Paak's project "Oxnard" and it failed.

He did. You still don't seem to understand what Dre does.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

mtbsm

« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2022, 04:30:47 PM »
I’m not trying to discredit Dre. What you all saying 100% accurate about his touch when involved, even if only mixing.

Point is the true stars he’s put on create great, timeless music with or without Dre. Same not true for Game.

Sccit

« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2022, 05:16:50 PM »
I’m not trying to discredit Dre. What you all saying 100% accurate about his touch when involved, even if only mixing.

Point is the true stars he’s put on create great, timeless music with or without Dre. Same not true for Game.

after he’s groomed them, maybe

none of them put that level of music out before him

doggfather

« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2022, 10:19:39 PM »

after he’s groomed them, maybe

none of them put that level of music out before him

Or after him. After the leave or break up...

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Lucifuge

« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2022, 07:46:40 AM »
There is no good music wothout good mix. Gkmdc is so polish you can sniff coke off it. Me, personaly not a kendrick fan, but this album slaps.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Proc pka KP

« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2022, 11:05:47 AM »
Game has had sporadic hits but nothing with compared to the 200 miles and Buddens classic days. Literally every mixtape track banged back then.