Author Topic: Updated: My Video Review of Daz RRGB Uploaded to Youtube  (Read 834 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Proc pka KP

Next Sccit will say he's working with Dre. Like Bone, it will never see the light of day because it ain't real.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Finished it today:  Let me know what you think

up next:  Dre's Aftermath Presents

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: My Video Review of Daz RRGB Uploaded to Youtube
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2022, 07:36:57 PM »
trying to change thread title

HighEyeCue

Finished it today:  Let me know what you think

up next:  Dre's Aftermath Presents

dope review man 8)

one thing about the album sales, they were definitely disappointing for the reasons you stated in the review but I read somewhere a while back that it did eventually go gold even though it has never been certified...still underwhelming for an album of this caliber

btw one of my favorites was a bonus track on the cassette version

• Muthafuckin' Don!
dope review man 8)

one thing about the album sales, they were definitely disappointing for the reasons you stated in the review but I read somewhere a while back that it did eventually go gold even though it has never been certified...still underwhelming for an album of this caliber

btw one of my favorites was a bonus track on the cassette version

thx homie...

dope ass bonus track, I didn't know that was on the cassette.  Sounds more like a Soopafly joint than a Daz joint, fits well in an album like Dat Whoopty Woop

Sccit

thx homie...

dope ass bonus track, I didn't know that was on the cassette.  Sounds more like a Soopafly joint than a Daz joint, fits well in an album like Dat Whoopty Woop

dat whoopty whoop is a classic

it’s better than rr&gb

• Muthafuckin' Don!

it’s better than rr&gb

That’s because you were how old when RRGB dropped I don’t think you realized the significance at that age.  But I doubt cats my age like higheyecue would put Dat Whoopty Woop ahead of RRGB

HighEyeCue

it’s better than rr&gb

It is a classic but I don't think it is better...but it all comes down to personal preference anyway

'01 was a great year for DPG releases though

Dat Whoopty Whoop
Dillinger & Young Gotti
Space Boogie

Sccit

That’s because you were how old when RRGB dropped I don’t think you realized the significance at that age.  But I doubt cats my age like higheyecue would put Dat Whoopty Woop ahead of RRGB

i was already heavy into hip hop at that point and it was a disappointing album when it dropped just like doggfather .. because it was comin off dogg food, which is a classic.

on the other hand, dat whoopty whoop is some smooth player shit that u can play all the way through. u wouldnt know nothin bout that. had some unforgettable all nighters out in vegas to that album. classix.

• Muthafuckin' Don!

i was already heavy into hip hop at that point and it was a disappointing album when it dropped just like doggfather .. because it was comin off dogg food, which is a classic.

on the other hand, dat whoopty whoop is some smooth player shit that u can play all the way through. u wouldnt know nothin bout that. had some unforgettable all nighters out in vegas to that album. classix.

You take it personal if I say you were too young at the time and then point out you were already into hiphop comin out the crib—but there’s levels to this shit.     

If I was 11-12 when Doggystyle came out I was already fuccin around with bitches at the time—we weren’t having sex but we were doing everything else because I was going the puberty at the time—and by the time RRGB came out I was fuccin.  It’s like Chris Rock said in one of his comedy bits “whatever you was listenin to at the time you first got laid you will swear was the best shit ever”.

I had just seen my x-girlfriend make out with my best friend at a party like the week before I heard “Ain’t No Fun” for the first time.  I was at the age when you are seeing pussy for the first time and like it.

I think you are around 4 years younger than me cause when we went to Power106 back in the day Dogg was like 17 and I was 20??  Not sure.

So that means when Doggystyle came out you were 7 years old??   At 7 years old I was going to see the movie Ninja Turtles for my Birthday party and still watching Disney Movies. 

It’s not a diss so I don’t know why you get defensive I’m just stating biological fact that when you say shit like when you big up the Doggfather album or you say Soopafly album was better than Daz album—I just don’t think you would make the same statements if you were the same age as me—just look at higheyecue he’s saying the same shit as I’m sayin cause we are the same age.

Sccit

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2022, 09:22:42 AM »
You take it personal if I say you were too young at the time and then point out you were already into hiphop comin out the crib—but there’s levels to this shit.     

If I was 11-12 when Doggystyle came out I was already fuccin around with bitches at the time—we weren’t having sex but we were doing everything else because I was going the puberty at the time—and by the time RRGB came out I was fuccin.  It’s like Chris Rock said in one of his comedy bits “whatever you was listenin to at the time you first got laid you will swear was the best shit ever”.

I had just seen my x-girlfriend make out with my best friend at a party like the week before I heard “Ain’t No Fun” for the first time.  I was at the age when you are seeing pussy for the first time and like it.

I think you are around 4 years younger than me cause when we went to Power106 back in the day Dogg was like 17 and I was 20??  Not sure.

So that means when Doggystyle came out you were 7 years old??   At 7 years old I was going to see the movie Ninja Turtles for my Birthday party and still watching Disney Movies. 

It’s not a diss so I don’t know why you get defensive I’m just stating biological fact that when you say shit like when you big up the Doggfather album or you say Soopafly album was better than Daz album—I just don’t think you would make the same statements if you were the same age as me—just look at higheyecue he’s saying the same shit as I’m sayin cause we are the same age.

why do u think this is personal? sounds like projection brodie .. i duno why u talkin bout doggystyle, this thread is about rr&gb

you want me to look at music from an emotional perspective .. and that’s fair to an extent. but when i explain to you my sentimental attachment to dat whoopty whoop, it goes over your head.

so based on your logic, you would think doggfather was greater than doggystyle.. because when doggystyle dropped, you were the age i was at when rr&gb came out.

and when doggfather came out, you were the age i was at when when dat whoopty whoop dropped.

:think:

think wit your brain.. not your heart.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2022, 01:01:42 PM »
why do u think this is personal? sounds like projection brodie .. i duno why u talkin bout doggystyle, this thread is about rr&gb

you want me to look at music from an emotional perspective .. and that’s fair to an extent. but when i explain to you my sentimental attachment to dat whoopty whoop, it goes over your head.

so based on your logic, you would think doggfather was greater than doggystyle.. because when doggystyle dropped, you were the age i was at when rr&gb came out.

and when doggfather came out, you were the age i was at when when dat whoopty whoop dropped.

:think:

think wit your brain.. not your heart.

naw man you still don't get it... you still want to pretend that age and experience aren't a factor; but it colors our perceptions and perspective on music and I don't know why you are so keen to discount that. 

If a cat that was a few years older than me came on here and made the argument that I might love EPMD's Strictly Business as much as Dogg Food if only I were a few years older—I would take it as food for thought; in fact I used to read arguments like that quite often because all the journalists documenting mid-90's hip-hop were mostly from the Rakim era; so I actually used to hear and read shit like that all the time (It's not like they hired 13 year olds to write for the Source).

And your analogy to RRGB coming out for you at the same time that Doggystyle came out for me doesn't work.  Because you aren't taking into account THE REASON why RRGB is such a big deal to cats like me.  The reason it's such a big deal is because it was heart-breaking for headz my age when Pac was murdered, and we saw the shift happening in the game and we were counting on Dre (Aftermath Presents) and Snoop (Doggfather) to save the day and they didn't--and the game went the direction of Puffy, DMX, and Jay-Z.  So when Daz came back around in 98 with RRGB it was like a heroic effort to us.

On your side you were just bumpin Doggfather like "Yo this is dope".

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2022, 02:07:57 PM »
naw man you still don't get it... you still want to pretend that age and experience aren't a factor; but it colors our perceptions and perspective on music and I don't know why you are so keen to discount that. 

If a cat that was a few years older than me came on here and made the argument that I might love EPMD's Strictly Business as much as Dogg Food if only I were a few years older—I would take it as food for thought; in fact I used to read arguments like that quite often because all the journalists documenting mid-90's hip-hop were mostly from the Rakim era; so I actually used to hear and read shit like that all the time (It's not like they hired 13 year olds to write for the Source).

And your analogy to RRGB coming out for you at the same time that Doggystyle came out for me doesn't work.  Because you aren't taking into account THE REASON why RRGB is such a big deal to cats like me.  The reason it's such a big deal is because it was heart-breaking for headz my age when Pac was murdered, and we saw the shift happening in the game and we were counting on Dre (Aftermath Presents) and Snoop (Doggfather) to save the day and they didn't--and the game went the direction of Puffy, DMX, and Jay-Z.  So when Daz came back around in 98 with RRGB it was like a heroic effort to us.

On your side you were just bumpin Doggfather like "Yo this is dope".

your analogy makes no sense

it doesn’t explain why u like doggystyle and the chronic over rr&gb

based on your own logic, you should prefer rr&gb to those albums

and i should prefer dat whoopty whoop to dogg food and all eyez on me

just admit you never truly got into dat whoopty whoop and we can end it there

i don’t blame you .. it wasn’t an album that was sold in local stores out in kc. cats like u had to cop it online ..

and again, it was on some smooth player shit, so it didn’t really speak to someone like u who was more enamored wit the mythical larger than life gangsta fairytales u grew up idolizing

facts only homie