Author Topic: Big C-Style Presents Straight Outta Cali (1998)  (Read 276 times)

Okka

Big C-Style Presents Straight Outta Cali (1998)
« on: June 30, 2022, 07:30:32 AM »
Does anybody know the date this classic compilation was released on?

astra4322

Re: Big C-Style Presents Straight Outta Cali (1998)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 11:36:34 PM »
Does anybody know the date this classic compilation was released on?

1998  ;D

The following users thanked this post: Okka, Teddy Loc

HighEyeCue

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Okka

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2022, 01:59:54 PM »
I’m listening to that C-Style interview—it gets confusing at some point cause he talks about all this music that he did and completed albums turned into the label and all these hundred thousands of dollars deals he made—he even said South Centrel got a solo deal thru him for an album for hundreds of thousands.

So… where are all these songs, and if it all these songs are out there—just because he did an album or a million songs doesn’t mean any of them are good.

Last I heard the 19th Street compilation wasn’t that great it was produced by LT Hutton and LT Hutton is not that great—but still I need to go back and give it all another serious listen.

also this compilation I need to get and give a serious listen
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Okka

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2022, 09:09:54 PM »
I’m listening to that C-Style interview—it gets confusing at some point cause he talks about all this music that he did and completed albums turned into the label and all these hundred thousands of dollars deals he made—he even said South Centrel got a solo deal thru him for an album for hundreds of thousands.

So… where are all these songs, and if it all these songs are out there—just because he did an album or a million songs doesn’t mean any of them are good.

Last I heard the 19th Street compilation wasn’t that great it was produced by LT Hutton and LT Hutton is not that great—but still I need to go back and give it all another serious listen.

also this compilation I need to get and give a serious listen

That's one of the greatest compilations of all time. You trippin' somethin' serious.

The following users thanked this post: Marco

astra4322

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2022, 01:28:16 AM »
That's one of the greatest compilations of all time. You trippin' somethin' serious.

That's right.

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Al Bundy

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2022, 12:05:49 AM »
I own a promo copy of this album. Always been one of my favorites to listen to. Still a shame that Kurupt and Snoop were both left off the album.

Okka

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2022, 01:22:38 AM »
I own a promo copy of this album. Always been one of my favorites to listen to. Still a shame that Kurupt and Snoop were both left off the album.

Snoop is on "Stay Out Of L.A." doin' the hook, but you can barely hear him. Kurupt was supposed to be on "Rap Killer", but it's understandable that he was not on the released version 'cause he's not even from Long Beach. It's crazy Suge basically didn't let anybody on Death Row do any "outside" features.