Author Topic: CAPONE N DILLINGER - GUIDELINEZ (Official Discussion)  (Read 1739 times)

Sccit

Re: CAPONE N DILLINGER - GUIDELINEZ (New Album 7/22)
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2022, 08:09:37 PM »
No way. Totally disagree. His best album was Retaliation, Revenge and Get Back on Deathrow. Nothing he's ever done since comes close to this in my opinion.

RAW was close.. some say even better

The following users thanked this post: Okka, HighEyeCue

astra4322

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2022, 10:01:24 PM »
RAW is dope but not even close to RRAGB.

soopa-man

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2022, 02:19:22 AM »
I heard that interview Reggie did saying how def jam Lyle Cohen played DMx for Reggie while he was running DR … he played RR&GB .. and Def Jam said it was wack and to give him In California single to Richie Rich .. crazy to me I loved that Daz album and his soundtrack work and production was coming out dope… but he never got his …

The following users thanked this post: Okka

astra4322

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2022, 02:23:59 AM »
I heard that interview Reggie did saying how def jam Lyle Cohen played DMx for Reggie while he was running DR … he played RR&GB .. and Def Jam said it was wack and to give him In California single to Richie Rich .. crazy to me I loved that Daz album and his soundtrack work and production was coming out dope… but he never got his …

Don't believe what Reggie says - this guy is looking for attention and tells fairytales.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2022, 07:49:15 AM »
RAW was very dope...of course alot of it was Death Row material that Daz took with him when he left DR

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2022, 08:19:52 AM »
RAW was very dope...of course alot of it was Death Row material that Daz took with him when he left DR

i remember around the time it dropped, the majority opinion was that it was his best solo work .. and when rr&gb dropped, it was widely considered a disappointment, because the expectation was high comin off dogg food 

Safe+Sound

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2022, 12:04:49 PM »
The high standards everyone had held with Deathrow had cooled off by the time RAW dropped, which gave it a boost. If the release dates of RAW and RRGB were switched, it would've produced the same effect, arguably much higher positivity with RRGB than the other way around.

Production, features, and arrangement of RRGB is leagues beyond anything he's done since on a solo level. That album is a large reason why a lot of people still give an ear to his music in hopes they'll get something like that again. Maybe this new Deathrow situation will finally deliver but I doubt it. And there's no way anyone's getting priority over this Snoop & Dre joint album. Maybe he'll get lucky and get some studio time with Dre for the DPG album on Deathrow.

Okka

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2022, 08:25:54 AM »
The high standards everyone had held with Deathrow had cooled off by the time RAW dropped, which gave it a boost. If the release dates of RAW and RRGB were switched, it would've produced the same effect, arguably much higher positivity with RRGB than the other way around.

Production, features, and arrangement of RRGB is leagues beyond anything he's done since on a solo level. That album is a large reason why a lot of people still give an ear to his music in hopes they'll get something like that again. Maybe this new Deathrow situation will finally deliver but I doubt it. And there's no way anyone's getting priority over this Snoop & Dre joint album. Maybe he'll get lucky and get some studio time with Dre for the DPG album on Deathrow.

Since when are Dre and Snoop working on a joint album? I know they in the studio, but I thought it was for Snoop's next album.

Safe+Sound

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2022, 12:09:24 PM »
Since when are Dre and Snoop working on a joint album? I know they in the studio, but I thought it was for Snoop's next album.

Per the recent Harry-O interview with Kevin G. In line with that, there was about a week when Snoop was posting photos of himself recording with Dre - in the studio, having "Breakfast at Dre's", etc. DOC is involved as well (photos with the three of them too).

astra4322

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2022, 10:01:43 PM »
Album is out 8)

doggfather

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2022, 10:23:33 PM »
Album is out 8)

for real this time???
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

romson19

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2022, 10:33:18 PM »
RIP Nate Dogg
RIP Nipsey Hussle
RIP Bad Azz

soopa-man

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2022, 10:52:46 PM »
Damn I actually gave this a listen I don’t like RAW I bought it at the swap meet when it first dropped (low key no one knew it was Even a new album, artwork was fucked up and still is, the features are super low, production is subpar, not even close to RR&GB, I never listen to it). any way expectations for this was none.

Have not heard and singles or anything

Dope to me

Good features

Dope beats and concept

Nothing new lyrics wise I mean come in NORE was the star out of CNN and umm he ain’t no dope MC

Very simple but that’s they’re style it doesn’t change, dope and worth bumpin for that 90s nostalgia

astra4322

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2022, 10:56:46 PM »

Dope but whole album is very avarage with low mastering quality.

doggfather

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2022, 11:06:08 PM »
Dope but whole album is very avarage with low mastering quality.

low mastering is a DPGC (and westcoast) thing over the years...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ