Author Topic: EMINEM - THE DEATH OF SLIM SHADY [COUP DE GRACE] (Official Discussion)  (Read 4899 times)

soopa-man

Damn I heard alchemist had a hand in production and get amped this is the worst shit Iíve heard from alchemist. He just dropped a dope ass album with hitboy and big-hit and Kendrickís meet the grahams (which is hard not to think of Em and stan)

And we get this wack ass remake of without me from the last time Eminem dropped a album worth listening to he ruined Dre tracks for me and now if this is really alchemist he ruined him for me too.

Shit is trash like he is the biggest artist in the world damn near he donít need these stupid singles any more Ö he has wasted plenty of Dre tracks for beats headphone money why now? What sales does he need? Its 2024 u made it bro
Drop a classic !!

HighEyeCue

Jay_J

EM AND LUIS produced the beat. not alchemist.

Lucifuge

Fire.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

mtbsm

Damn I heard alchemist had a hand in production and get amped this is the worst shit Iíve heard from alchemist. He just dropped a dope ass album with hitboy and big-hit and Kendrickís meet the grahams (which is hard not to think of Em and stan)

And we get this wack ass remake of without me from the last time Eminem dropped a album worth listening to he ruined Dre tracks for me and now if this is really alchemist he ruined him for me too.

Shit is trash like he is the biggest artist in the world damn near he donít need these stupid singles any more Ö he has wasted plenty of Dre tracks for beats headphone money why now? What sales does he need? Its 2024 u made it bro
Drop a classic !!

was supposed to be nostalgic throwback to mmlp and eminem show singles

think he did a good job replicating that time, for me at least. video cool too - funny cameos. i fw this - for sure won't be favorite joint on the album but i'm not mad. not like he gave us Just Lose It or We Made You

teecee

Could be Eminemís biggest song in many yearsÖ

Marco

Song is dope.
BudEBoy Recordz // www.budeboyrecordz.com // BudEBoy Recordz

Sccit

the production and chorus is vintage Eminem

unfortunately heís still got traces of that hippity hop shit in the verses Ö coulda been better witout

but solid overall

Duck Duck Doggy

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
I think itís the best Em weíve gotten since Relapse. Iím feeling it.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
the production and chorus is vintage Eminem

unfortunately heís still got traces of that hippity hop shit in the verses Ö coulda been better witout

but solid overall

hippity hop shit?? What's that supposed to mean.  You mean like a targeted single, or a contrived single?  Or just anything that isn't dark and brooding?  Was the original "Without Me" too hippity hop?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I think itís the best Em weíve gotten since Relapse. Iím feeling it.

Dogg you are trippin out... This shit isn't even as good as "Bezerk" was.  It's not as dope as "Monster" was.  "Walk on Water" was better, "Rap God" was a lot better.  "Love the Way You Lie" made history.  It's not even close to "Not Afraid" or "Fast Lane".  Not in the same Universe as "Guts Over Fear" and I'm just listing singles that are in the same category as this song.  But if I start listing tracks that weren't singles I'd have to list like half of the MMLP2 album...

"Groundhog Day"
"Legacy"
"Stronger Than I Was"
etc

what about

"Welcome 2 Hell"
"Catipillar"
"Living Proof"

Come on Dogg seriously, RELAPSE???  Dogg, I'm not a big fan of Eminem's career post 8-Mile he's never been quite the sameóbecause how could he be hungry when he achieved everything after thatóbut he's still had a lot of shit better than this song.

And I'm not even saying this new one is bad. 

Lucifuge

Vintage eminem. And this is generational. Now my kids ask me about eminem. This is genious marketing right there.
I was thinking that he is going to be apologiseing, but its getting worse  ;D. Evem hes kids aint safe no more.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

LyRiCaL_G

This is nostalgic - not a great song by any means, average in fact but itís extremely nostalgic and does sound like a real Eminem first single - almost reminds me of why we all hated Eminem first singles at one stage past real slim shady apart from lose yourself - I can imagine this blowing up for a while and then dying down due to nostalgia but not being a very good song. This aint even close to fucking with joints like euphoria or not like us. However it has huge nostalgic value and itís a nice reminder of his better days. He hasnít released an album worth listening top to bottom since Eminem show so maybe he got something this time. Dre involved too supposedly.

On a side note if you check his IG and the comments - you can see how embarrassing his fan base is/has become and the demographics of it real quick. They donít know shit about hiphop

• Muthafuckin' Don!

On a side note if you check his IG and the comments - you can see how embarrassing his fan base is/has become and the demographics of it real quick. They donít know shit about hiphop

Yeah man itís changed totallyóand doesnít make sense like before. 

One of the great things about being an Eminem fan back in the day was the responses and feedback.  So basically heíd put out Infiniteóeveryone said itís like heís trying to sound like Nas or AZ so then he puts out SlimShadyEP/LP.  Then everyone responds and he has both fame and haters and also controversy and he responds to all of it in MMLP addresses everything.

Then Eminem Show kind of fell out of the sky I donít know how he pulled that one out of his ass because by that time all the haters had became fans and the controversy had all died down and then he still came with a flawless album and had more to tell. 

Öthen you have the periods where he was responding to the Source or XXLówell you really donít have any publication these days that represents the voice of the hiphop community all that shit has changed

HighEyeCue

hippity hop shit?? What's that supposed to mean.  You mean like a targeted single, or a contrived single?  Or just anything that isn't dark and brooding?  Was the original "Without Me" too hippity hop?

"Rappers Delight" type style

all those lead singles were cut from the same cloth...even though they were dope

I always liked Ems lead singles but it was the other joints on the album that I preferred