Author Topic: Snoop got 20'000 for the verse in that Aki-La track ... ?  (Read 936 times)

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Snoop got 20'000 for the verse in that Aki-La track ... ?
« on: June 29, 2003, 12:37:17 PM »
when she's rappin she's sayin something like "need a hit song  / bla bla / passed 20 rubbers just to get a snoop dogg"....

budsmokeronly

Re:Snoop got 20'000 for the verse in that Aki-La track ... ?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2003, 12:46:32 PM »
yet peeps claim he hasn't sold out  ::)

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2003, 01:03:30 PM »
yet peeps claim he hasn't sold out  ::)

doing a track with a totaly unknown  japanese artist with sony behind her back paying big bucks = sell out?

so if you were a rapper and somebody came to you offering 20'000 for a verse, you would say ... "nah... i only rap with my old school homeys" ... ??

« Last Edit: June 29, 2003, 01:05:00 PM by Maestro »

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2003, 01:09:42 PM »
^^ Exactly, people have absolutely 0 ability to see things from another perspective.  If that's selling out, I'd sell out in a heartbeat.  Please, Please god let me sell out.  

Anybody that gets into the music business does it to make money.  Don't let anybody tell you otherwise, it's b.s.  When somebody gets successful and actually MAKES money, they're regarded as a sellout instead of a success.  

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2003, 01:20:54 PM »
I do think in general that Snoop is a sellout, but comon, I hardly think that featuring on a track by some artist who peeps in the US are unlikely to ever hear is selling out. I haven't heard the track personally, but as long as it ain't some pop shit, they why shouldn't he feature on the track to get him a bit more exposure in Japan. And 20k to feature on a hiphop track, I don't think many artists would turn that down, it's not like they are having to rap alongside the Backstreet Boys or some shit like that.

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2003, 01:26:37 PM »
^^ hell, I'd rap with the backstreet boys for LESS.  Maybe you'll get more job opportunities.  And it was a pop track, it was a dance type japanese stuff track.  

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2003, 01:27:02 PM »
it's not like they are having to rap alongside the Backstreet Boys

I can See That Happen since Him & Kevin Look alike  ;D ;D

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2003, 01:36:19 PM »
But doing weird dance stuff is alright, at least it's a little experimental. And nobody said that B Real was selling out by doing that dance track with Roni Size so I think it's all good on that front.

But yes, if I was a successful rapper I would turn down 20k to rap on a Backstreet Boys track.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2003, 01:38:59 PM »
why wasnt anybody talking when warren g made a track with peter andre ??

budsmokeronly

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2003, 01:54:27 PM »

give me a break you guys.  WTF is your definition of selling out?  Warren G made one track with peter andre, so what.  Warren keeps every album g-funked out and he doesn't fill it up with mainstream and pop producers and guests.  Fucking look how many people snoop has worked with: lil bow wow, ginuine, lil kim, busta rhymes, Benzino, eminem, puffy, lil mo, lil jon and the eastside boys, neptunes, french rappers, asian rappers, missy elliot, ludacris, jay z, mariah carey, and way more.  Snoop is a gangsta rapper, he came into the game as a gansta rapper and now he reps his set more than ever.  Basically every song he at least once reps crippin or RTC.  And then he goes and works with lil bow wow, or the neptunes, or some fucking asian girl.  Why?  Only because he is getting money for it.  How come he isn't on more songs on Daz, warren g, nate dogg, dpg albums?  Daz has put out how many albums?  How many guest spots does snoop have total on daz albums?  What about warren albums?  Nate albums? Kurupt albums?  what about other westcoast artists?  Snoop reps his set on wax all the time, so why the fuck don't he collab wit some other gangsta rappers?  What about c-bo, spice 1, e-a-ski, jayo felony, kurupt, hittman, knoc-turn'al, mac dre, dubee, e-40, b legit, celly cel, mc eiht, dresta, kay n9ne, squeak ru, roaddawgs, dj quik, goddamn either now u get the point or u don't.  Snoop dogg reps gangbanging on wax waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy more than quik, spice 1, ski, jayo felony, c-bo etc. yet these guys don't collab wit poppy ass commercial shit that they know their fans dont wanna hear.  Didn't Ja rule or nelly call bone thugs to do a song and they straight up said no?  See that is some real shit.  I honestly think snoop will work with ANYBODY just as long as the money is there.  And if you don't fucking think that is selling out, then fuck I give up on this debate.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2003, 01:56:05 PM »

It's a bit different with producers, cause Warren actually gave him a straight G Funk beat, the fact that Peter Andre turned it into a pop song was his own fault.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2003, 02:07:51 PM »
Snoop is  doing tracks with peeps that are on his Level.and I wouldnt call him a sell out for doing tracks with Pop artist ,he's just showing love to everybody in the industry ,Also how could he be a sell out when he's helping his entourage even Uncle Rio is getting paid.also Snoop is Bigg now and its all about the dough why do u think ,u always hear the same verses from Snoop on some underground westcoast songs (2wiceberg) thats because it might cost alot to have a verse from him.When u are on top ur Fucking with The Best of the moment,and I dont see whats wrong with Snoop working with all these people they a hot so I dont see the problem,

and about Dj Quik , Jayo not working with commercial artist ...ask Urself why they are mad and struggling to go gold
« Last Edit: June 29, 2003, 02:09:09 PM by .:Bigg Chillah:. »

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2003, 02:17:45 PM »

give me a break you guys.  WTF is your definition of selling out?  Warren G made one track with peter andre, so what.  Warren keeps every album g-funked out and he doesn't fill it up with mainstream and pop producers and guests.  Fucking look how many people snoop has worked with: lil bow wow, ginuine, lil kim, busta rhymes, Benzino, eminem, puffy, lil mo, lil jon and the eastside boys, neptunes, french rappers, asian rappers, missy elliot, ludacris, jay z, mariah carey, and way more.  Snoop is a gangsta rapper, he came into the game as a gansta rapper and now he reps his set more than ever.  Basically every song he at least once reps crippin or RTC.  And then he goes and works with lil bow wow, or the neptunes, or some fucking asian girl.  Why?  Only because he is getting money for it.  How come he isn't on more songs on Daz, warren g, nate dogg, dpg albums?  Daz has put out how many albums?  How many guest spots does snoop have total on daz albums?  What about warren albums?  Nate albums? Kurupt albums?  what about other westcoast artists?  Snoop reps his set on wax all the time, so why the fuck don't he collab wit some other gangsta rappers?  What about c-bo, spice 1, e-a-ski, jayo felony, kurupt, hittman, knoc-turn'al, mac dre, dubee, e-40, b legit, celly cel, mc eiht, dresta, kay n9ne, squeak ru, roaddawgs, dj quik, goddamn either now u get the point or u don't.  Snoop dogg reps gangbanging on wax waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy more than quik, spice 1, ski, jayo felony, c-bo etc. yet these guys don't collab wit poppy ass commercial shit that they know their fans dont wanna hear.  Didn't Ja rule or nelly call bone thugs to do a song and they straight up said no?  See that is some real shit.  I honestly think snoop will work with ANYBODY just as long as the money is there.  And if you don't fucking think that is selling out, then fuck I give up on this debate.

they dont sell good enough to work with busta, missy lil bow wow etc... thats the simple truth...

budsmokeronly

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2003, 02:31:50 PM »
I give up.  Snoop dogg is some people's hero, and he will always be the best in their eyes and never do anything wrong.  I'm still curious, what is your guys idea of selling out, and which westcoast rappers do u feel have sold out?  If snoop did a collabo album with the backstreet boys, would u then consider him a sell out?

Efrain

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2003, 02:33:55 PM »
snoop "sold out" years ago when he went to no limit. Since then I think he's kinda kept in limbo with the fans, some of the stuff he puts out is really dope and some of it is so terrible your embarrassed. Lately tho things are looking better, daz being around seems to bring snoops rhymes up a notch or two and all the shit with gunit and mixtapes is drawing attention.  :)
All artists have to sell out a little bit to get paid though, otherwise you end up broke.