Author Topic: 10 most important wrestlers of all time  (Read 414 times)

bez

Re: 10 most important wrestlers of all time
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2002, 01:56:29 PM »
I'd say Bret Hart is the best wrestler ever

2nd hogan

3rd-Shawn Micheals

Thats far to new school.

Undertaken is so above bret hart and shawn.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Sikotic™

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2002, 02:28:01 PM »
I'd say

1. Hogan
2. Ric Flair
3. Andre the Giant
4. Macho Man
5. Stone Cold
6. Bret Hart
7. HBK
8. Sting
9. Rock
10. Undertaker

Word. I agree with the list of wrestlers.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2002, 04:32:48 PM »

Thats far to new school.

Undertaken is so above bret hart and shawn.

he so isnt.....
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2002, 08:07:49 PM »
Most important wrestlers ever... so I'm taking it ever. If wrestling was a subject, I'd have a PhD.

1.  Hulk Hogan... No bigger name in the busness than him. Took wrestling from the smoke filled areas, to in front of 93,000 in the Silverdome.
2.  Gorgous George... The inventer of the gimmick. Was the most hated wrestler og his time. Muhammad Ali said he tried to mirror him with is pretty gimmick.
3.  Jusin Liger... Inventer of many high flying movers you see today, like the moonsault, and even the Shooting Star press.
4.  Andre the Giant... The biggest draw for many years. Undefeated for 15 years, Andre was the first wrestler to be a Hollywood smash, leading the way for others like Hulk Hogan and The Rock.
5.  Steve Austin... Redefined what role a face plays in wrestling. The most profittable wrestler ever, gave wrestling that Attitude back.
6.  Bruno Sammartino... WWWF champion for 8 years. The first major draw in the New York era. The WWF built itself off this man. The first WWWF legit champion, Bruno's great matches made Madison Square Garden the wrestling capital.
7.  Ric Flair... The greatest wrestler ever. By far, the best heel to ever play the part. His matches, and rivalries are legandary, and his bloody blond hair is classic. Ric Flair is also the person with more World title reigns than anyone, 14. Top that.
8.  Lou Thez... The last Undisputed Champion before Chris Jericho. Lou was a classic mat wrestler, who lack charisma to draw in New York, but across the country was a legand. Lou had southern toughness, and this lead to many great runs as a World Champ.
9.  Shawn Michaels/Bret Hart... Shawn was/is the most athletic champion to grace the ring. Bret might be the only mat wrestler to hang with Ric Flair. Together, along with McMahon, made '97 the year to get back into wrestling, as for that night, it was not fake.
10. Christ Jericho... You may not realize it, but he is the best performer now, and him being choicen as the first Undisputed Champion in 50 years is not an accident. Jericho has what it takes to be remembered for many years to come, and has a great love for the busness.

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2002, 08:04:11 AM »
^^ I'd agree with your opinion on a lot of that, but I think 3 things:

1. Andre wasn't really undefeated for 15 years, it was just a gimmick.  

2. I dunno about Austin being the most profitable wrestler ever.  Hogan had tonnnnns of liscensing for his entire career, I'd still have to go with him.

3. I think flair's up to 15 time champ now, but not positive.  

grimace

• 'G'
  • I know she know, ima dog, but i liked the way she licked my balls. I know she knows, i aint shit, but i liked the way she sucked my dick.
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2002, 12:31:24 PM »
Flair's got 16 recognized, official title reigns. But depending on how much you go to the "smart" sites, he can have anywhere from 16 to 20.

M dogg's was pretty much on point. I wouldn't have put Liger in there becuase I don't know who he is. But Snucka would show up in there somewhere.

I kinda think Flair should be higher than Stone Cold, becuase he is the greatest wrestler of all time, but as I think about it, I'd have to agree with you.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2002, 03:04:01 PM »
A couple of mistakes... I was going off memory and not websites. And I did hear McMahon say that in fact Austin has made more money for the WWF than even Hulk Hogan. Inflation has a great deal to do with that, as Hulkamania shirts were lke $10, were as Austin 3:16 shirts were $20. Austin 3:16 shirts though were also the highest selling shirt ever, in terms of money grossed, and number sold. Maybe Flair has 16 title reigns, I lost count at 14... LOL. And I figured it was a gimmick for Andre, but hey, it worked to promote the great Wrestlemania III match.

Also, my rankings could change, I went off what is more important to the busness than rather the actual wrestling. Like many of Liger's moves are done by Billy Kidman, Rey Mistero Jr., Shawn Michaels, and many other high flyers. And since the high flying moves are greatly important for getting littler wrestlers over, that would rank higher than say being just a great wrestler, 'cause when everyone copies you, they built your legacy for you.

Oh, and the person that will be on that list someday, maybe even number one is Kurt Angle. I think his mic skills, mat skills, and his once in a while high risk moves, can make him a true star, and even the number one wrestler ever. And those gold medals don't hurt.

bez

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2002, 06:22:12 AM »
A couple of mistakes... I was going off memory and not websites. And I did hear McMahon say that in fact Austin has made more money for the WWF than even Hulk Hogan. Inflation has a great deal to do with that, as Hulkamania shirts were lke $10, were as Austin 3:16 shirts were $20. Austin 3:16 shirts though were also the highest selling shirt ever, in terms of money grossed, and number sold. Maybe Flair has 16 title reigns, I lost count at 14... LOL. And I figured it was a gimmick for Andre, but hey, it worked to promote the great Wrestlemania III match.

Also, my rankings could change, I went off what is more important to the busness than rather the actual wrestling. Like many of Liger's moves are done by Billy Kidman, Rey Mistero Jr., Shawn Michaels, and many other high flyers. And since the high flying moves are greatly important for getting littler wrestlers over, that would rank higher than say being just a great wrestler, 'cause when everyone copies you, they built your legacy for you.

Oh, and the person that will be on that list someday, maybe even number one is Kurt Angle. I think his mic skills, mat skills, and his once in a while high risk moves, can make him a true star, and even the number one wrestler ever. And those gold medals don't hurt.

true dat.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
Re:10 most important wrestlers of all time
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2002, 08:50:46 AM »
Mick Foley