7 (30.4%)
Lloyd Banks
11 (47.8%)
Young Buck
5 (21.7%)
Tony Yayo
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Best emcee in G-Unit?  (Read 476 times)

KVB

Best emcee in G-Unit?
« on: November 14, 2003, 08:27:40 AM »
I choose Young Buck.

Here's why...

Lloyd Banks has mad writing skills, but his gravel voice ruins it for him. "Marble-in-mouth" 50 Cent is entertaining and the most charismatic outta the bunch, but he's a wack lyricist. Young Buck I feel has got the overall package, he's nice in all aspects and held down the album where other's couldn't and saved a lot of tracks on it, IMO. I didn't put Tony Yayo into consideration, for obvious reasons. (He's absent for nearly the entire album, Beg For Mercy)

Vote...

D.R.E.-Dogg

Re:Best emcee in G-Unit?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2003, 08:43:23 AM »
Banks

Jome

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2003, 09:37:23 AM »
Banks on KO

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2003, 09:55:10 AM »
In order..

Lloyd Banks, 50 Cent, Tony Yayo, Young Buck
But they are all great.

JTSimon

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2003, 11:03:36 AM »
1. 50 Cent
2. Lloyd Banks
3. Young Buck

I don't even want Yayo on my list... ;D

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2003, 11:41:03 AM »
If you like the Dirty-South style (as I do) Buck came made tight on "Beg For Mercy". But actually I don't think he fits very well into the G-Unit. Don't get me wrong, he's a very good emcee, but while Banks is able to supplement 50 where it's necessary, Buck is kinda disturbing on the album.

I like Banks best and hope that he'll drop a solo-album as soon as possible 8) 50 is the second-best member, not far from Banks.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2003, 01:15:42 PM »
On the G-Unit album Buck's pretty dope, but not as good as on mixtapes. My vote goes to Buck.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

PLANT

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2003, 02:31:23 PM »
Banks is sick, but I still say 50 holds it down....Hopefully Banks solo will change my mind...I think Banks raps the same all the time, even tho hes dope.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2003, 03:40:04 PM »
50's still holdin it down, no doubt..................banks got good lyrics, but he lack any charisma, his vioce is weak and i heard he doesnt shine on the new album..................and if thats true, its pretty dissapointing.............cuz its not like he gotta whole track to hold down, only his verse, so  really he should have loads to talk about and shine on each track, n if he cant do that, i cant only worry for banks......like eminem and proof spit on devils night..........album mite have been wack, but atleast they shined on it since they have so much to talk about and ofcourse proof ended up gettin a buzz for himself........i hope banks dont loose his buzz but if he comes weak on beg for mercy, its def gon happen.....but i heard that buck shines the most on the album............n the album is where u gotta shine, thats where it counts.......cuz thats where u show how dope u really are, mixtapes dont mean shit compared to a album, n thats real..........mixtapes u create ya buzz..........on the album u fulfil that buzz........if u dont u fail

real talk

50's not the lyricist bacnks is ofcourse, but he got charisma, he got the simple style, but niggaz can relate n his hooks are dope......

peace

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2003, 05:59:25 PM »
1. 50 Cent
2. Lloyd Banks
3. Young Buck

I don't even want Yayo on my list...
;D

hahaha that's what I was thinkin.. fella's screwed
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

EastsideLBC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2003, 08:40:35 PM »
Buck

Banks is a tight ass lyricist and can write mad rhymes on the pad but his voice sometimes just doesnt do it for me.....no doubt he could be a tight ass ghost writer for Dr. Dre (j/k).....nah but 50 no doubt has the most charisma and Banks is the best on the pad but I give Buck the nod on hittin it in tha booth.

Hittman2001

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2003, 08:59:47 PM »
50 cent

Don Breezio

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2003, 12:38:26 AM »
g-unit? emcee? in the same sentence? what is this board coming to...

mauzip

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2003, 01:25:03 AM »
g-unit? emcee? in the same sentence? what is this board coming to...

LOL

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2003, 02:26:23 AM »
Banks, no doubt... I like 'em all though. And although some may think Young Buck doesn't really fit in there, I think he fits in real good: he provides some contrast in the group with the southern stuff.