Author Topic: Pharoahe Monch in talks with SHADY Records, Organized Konfusion up in the air..  (Read 333 times)

Jome

UNORGANIZED KONFUSION

- Closely related to the thread above, apparently one highly-anticipated O.C. related project will not be coming to fruition and that would be the newly-revamped Organized Konfusion line-up of Pharaohe Monch, Prince Poetry, and O.C. According to Prince Po, this project will not be happening as he sent in the following statement "There will not be an Organized Konfusion LP. As of now, Pharoahe is only concerned with signing with Shady Records and I can't wait any longer. We're all still cool, but it seems like he's (Monche) only concerned with himself and his own career. I explained to him that fans was getting at me and that the love is there waiting, but being that I have projects and artists patiently waiting their turn I can't wait any longer on him. I think Pharoahe is a very talented brother but lacks the knack to do more than one thing at a time and this business requires young black people to be multi faceted. So to set the record straight, it (reunion) isn't going to happen and Organized Konfusion never would've been what it was if it wasn't for the footwork I put in on the business side and that includes O.C's ass as well. They never were concerned about what I was, or still doing, so it's time for me to accept the truth and do me." While Monche was unavailable for comment, O.C.'s response to Po's comments were equally as aggy "I don't really want to entertain those comments, but fuck that n*gga (Po), he never put in any work for me and he can suck my dick." Judging by the comments given by Po and O.C., it seems pretty apparent that this project is now officially dead!! - Matt Conaway

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Disapointing on both respects.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Breezio

man if i was pharoahe i'd be worrying about me too...shit...dude hasnt put an album out in what like 5 years now? and the one he had out is out of print. and he currently does not have a record label...i think he should be paying the most attention to his own career

The Watcher

... who?

that's what ppl will be sayin if he doesnt hurry up & do somethin
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Jome

People be saying that Shady & Pharoahe don't mix..

IMO, it would be genius..

Pharoahe isn't going thugged out gangsta or "fuck my mom", he will still be the same, making the same music, but with Interscope budgets & promotion..
The only difference is that there will probably be a Eminem or Dr.Dre beat or two on his album, and maybe a label feature..
People who think Pharoahe will try to be the next Fiddy because he signs with Shady are crazy.
Pharoahe have done 3 tracks with Xzibit, that link would probably also be stronger if he signed..
And IF he signed, he would bring some much needed light to O.C., Talib, Common, etc.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
could be good

N-Sane Brain

IMO, it would be genius...

bez

Pharoahe isn't going thugged out gangsta or "fuck my mom", he will still be the same, making the same music, but with Interscope budgets & promotion..
The only difference is that there will probably be a Eminem or Dr.Dre beat or two on his album, and maybe a label feature..
People who think Pharoahe will try to be the next Fiddy because he signs with Shady are crazy.
Pharoahe have done 3 tracks with Xzibit, that link would probably also be stronger if he signed..
And IF he signed, he would bring some much needed light to O.C., Talib, Common, etc.

agreed...more promotion worldwide and shit.  COuld be awesome.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
signing as a thoughtful artist to shady records you cant be the smartest
since you get dropped or forced to be gangsta and pop fast like an aftermath artist

rakim - dropped
eminem - forced to have the most commerical leadsingles ever made on this planet
50, G-Unit, Game - Gangsta

--> Pharoahe Monch  :(
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 04:55:18 AM by 7even the Harbinger »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I think the possible Shady/Pharoahe relationship could be quite fruitful. He'd have a chance to make a great product and ship it world wide. I don' know what they would come up as the first single though, with their marketing scheme of releasing a more poppy single first. But oh well, guess we'll got to wait. Dude ain't even signed yet...

Leggy Hendrix

agreed, i think that pharoahe needs to get some music out, and with interscope behind him, he will get the promotion that he deserves.

and i also think that pharoahe might sound fuckin good over some em/dre production

i guess it all depends on whether he has the rights to the tracks he had been recording for Inner Visions, cos if he does then it may only mean a few aftermath influenced tracks on his next release...

sad to hear about the ok project, that woulda been dope...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I agree on that if it's gonna be 1-2 eminem beats and "maybe a label feature" and not 50% Em beats, 3 tracks with fiddy and four w/ D-12 members, the album could be just as tight as "Internal Affairs" or actually even better, cause IA wasn't THAT hot

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
I'd like to hear a collaboration between Obie and Pharoahe. That would surely be a dope track! I dunno, some people aren't really fans of Obie's but I think he has some cool lyrics and that these two MC's styles would merge well.

In my opinion , Pharoahe signing to Shady would be a great move for Monch and Em. I'd like to see it happen - provided the influence of G-Unit, Em, Dre, etc. isn't TOO great. That, and hopefully he don't go all Neptunes on us.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One