Author Topic: DUBCC RADIO!  (Read 936 times)

hector

Re: DUBCC RADIO!
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2004, 09:25:30 PM »
good idea.  I would be totally down to be a DJ.  Nuthin but that straight westcoast gangsta funk from me!

ecrazy

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2004, 02:07:41 AM »
Iz This Actually Going To Happen Or Is This Thread Dead?

Don Seer

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2004, 02:18:25 AM »
no idea...

said i'd support/promote if someone picked it up to run it...

cmon ya'll :P

ecrazy

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2004, 02:37:00 AM »
I Would Be Down To Run It, But It Would Take Me A While To Get It All Set Up And Figured Out......Maybe A Week Or Two.....Need To Get Webspace, Make A Website....Server Hosting, Or Maybe I Might Do The P2P Hosting, Im Playin Around With That And Really Liking It, ...AnyWays Yea, IM DOWN

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2004, 03:13:41 AM »
this sounds like a sick idea...  8)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Don Seer

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2004, 03:28:56 AM »
I Would Be Down To Run It, But It Would Take Me A While To Get It All Set Up And Figured Out......Maybe A Week Or Two.....Need To Get Webspace, Make A Website....Server Hosting, Or Maybe I Might Do The P2P Hosting, Im Playin Around With That And Really Liking It, ...AnyWays Yea, IM DOWN

why do you need a website? ya dont need any of that..

what i was thinkin of doing if this is launched properly is

1) add a radio station thread to the main forum here  and if it grows make a sub forum for it..

2) add a advert for it in the random section at the top of the forum where it says "connected site links back soon" right now

3) run a story on dubcnn about it

for now keep it in here.. if p2p is the way i can run a 'permanent node' on my server pc at home

it'll be amazing if we can do it right...   get enough people for a 24/7 coverage :)

i've been thinking... for those that want to do a "show" you can prerecord it as a mp3 or whatever..
and stream it when your slot comes up.. ya could stream the same show in several slots until you make a new one
i think that might be quite a good way to approach it. :)

could even a news spot for connected sites, adverts... all kinds..

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2004, 03:35:28 AM »

1) add a radio station thread to the main forum here  and if it grows make a sub forum for it..

2) add a advert for it in the random section at the top of the forum where it says "connected site links back soon" right now

for now keep it in here.. if p2p is the way i can run a 'permanent node' on my server pc at home

it'll be amazing if we can do it right...   get enough people for a 24/7 coverage :)

i've been thinking... for those that want to do a "show" you can prerecord it as a mp3 or whatever..
and stream it when your slot comes up.. ya could stream the same show in several slots until you make a new one

Good luck
If it happens I will let my listners know

Don Seer

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2004, 03:39:48 AM »
was waiting for you to spot this  ;D

you could stream recordings of your show... ;)

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2004, 03:43:55 AM »
was waiting for you to spot this  ;D

you could stream recordings of your show... ;)

Kool & The Gang  8)

Don Seer

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2004, 03:48:11 AM »
could have an oldies show.. :P

lol..  ;D

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2004, 04:06:13 AM »
This would be the biggest shit to happen ever with all these westcoast sites.

Nima could have his own show and do interviews on it

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

ecrazy

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2004, 04:07:15 AM »

I Didnt Know You Wanted To Run It Like That, I Thought This Was Going To Be Its Own Thing, Just Affiliated With Dubcc & Dubcnn....Kinda Like Adding it to your "Rolling On Dubs" Network thing.....But Your Way Sounds Dope, But A Little Confusing.....With so many people Hosting A Show, Their Would Be Other Stations Broadcasting off one server, therefore if you were to put a link to the stream, it wouldnt work because there would be a different server code to every broadcaster...... iz this the same with the p2p? or am i way off?.....This P2p thing is still new to me and im playin with it and still aint gettin some of it, ....the peercast just aint workin for me for some reason but the streamer one is

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2004, 04:15:46 AM »

I Didnt Know You Wanted To Run It Like That, I Thought This Was Going To Be Its Own Thing, Just Affiliated With Dubcc & Dubcnn....Kinda Like Adding it to your "Rolling On Dubs" Network thing.....But Your Way Sounds Dope, But A Little Confusing.....With so many people Hosting A Show, Their Would Be Other Stations Broadcasting off one server, therefore if you were to put a link to the stream, it wouldnt work because there would be a different server code to every broadcaster...... iz this the same with the p2p? or am i way off?.....This P2p thing is still new to me and im playin with it and still aint gettin some of it, ....the peercast just aint workin for me for some reason but the streamer one is

Couldn't everybody who makes a show just send it to the same server? Like, for example, DJ's record their shows in MP3, send them to some guy who manages the server, and all the shows would be broadcast from the same place. I dunno if that would work, I'm pretty lousy at the technical stuff. That way would make sense to me though.

EDIT: Forgot to mention - a dope idea, this radio business!

Don Seer

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2004, 04:26:58 AM »

ok.. well the  experience i;ve had in the past is with a centrally located server people stream to.

i definitely meant that all thepeople stream over one 'station' not with multiple ones..

other stations i've seen do this before have people 'swap' who is feeding the stream to the server when their time slot comes up.

look into it more and i';m sure people'll be up for testing it.. prob a good idea for a lil group to mess and see how things plug together :)

i'd love to know if i can listen to it where i'm sat behind this firewall at work

LazyLatino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2004, 05:28:13 AM »
I like this idea...what about DJ LazyL? LOL  ;D

Peace

LazyL