Author Topic: What do u think is the most underrated album ever?!  (Read 516 times)

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
What do u think is the most underrated album ever?!
« on: July 09, 2004, 10:16:14 PM »
I think it has to be Chino XL's "Here to save you all", This album is probably AN unrecognized stellar classic, His lyrical charge on this album is unparalleled, Aside of the hillarious metas and ingenious punchs, this guy has a very high conveying abillity, Not for a second do u get the feeling all his lyrical acrobatics and innuendoes lead nowhere, shit is amazingly conceptual, with lil to decipher...Despite all these great quallities this guy got no credit nor the recognition he deserved for this trully great piece of work.
my vote: Chino XL "Here to save you all".
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 11:59:49 PM by I TO DA GEEZY »
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

West Coast Veteran

Re: What do u think is the most underrated album ever?!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 10:26:35 PM »
The Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde

Music - Classic and innovative, front to back.
Impact - Started a movement in the early 90's showing that hip hop on the West Coast could be more than just gangsta shit opening doors for other groups (Souls Of Mischief, Freestyle Fellowship, Anotha Level, etc.)

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2004, 05:11:13 AM »
The Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde

Music - Classic and innovative, front to back.
Impact - Started a movement in the early 90's showing that hip hop on the West Coast could be more than just gangsta shit opening doors for other groups (Souls Of Mischief, Freestyle Fellowship, Anotha Level, etc.)

co-sign... 8)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2004, 07:13:00 AM »
az-doe or die
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

RXL

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2004, 11:36:45 AM »
Bone Thugs albums :P

pappy

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2004, 01:18:24 PM »
az - doe or die
big l - lifestylez ov da poor an dangerous
the lost boyz - legal drug money

mauzip

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2004, 01:27:18 PM »
TQ's first album is still slept on. I wouldn't say it's underrated because a lot of people who have heard that album say it's the best (R&B) album ever.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2004, 03:27:36 PM »
big l - lifestylez ov da poor an dangerous

i know too many people that worship Big L to call this one underrated...sales-wise u might be right though

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2004, 05:10:26 PM »
Bizzy Bone - The Gift
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

eS El Duque

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2004, 05:15:55 PM »
TQ's first album is still slept on. I wouldn't say it's underrated because a lot of people who have heard that album say it's the best (R&B) album ever.

I've never in my life heard of TQ before i came to dubcc.com and saw your sigs lol

anywayz.

az-doe or die

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2004, 07:57:52 PM »
Kane & Abel - Am I My Brother's Keeper

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2004, 08:43:00 PM »
I wouldn't say that the Big L or Lost Boyz albums are underrated.  They are both quite respected LPs, they might not be praised like the other gems of the mid 90's like Liquid Swords, Ready To Die or Illmatic but they are as good as them either.  I think Lifestylez... is a bit overrated actually.

Now I say that Nastradamus is an underrated album.  Most people would say it's "garbage" or "horrible" (like a 4/10) but it's a good album (like a 7/10).
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2004, 08:51:52 PM »
I've always felt Public Enemy's Yo! Bum Rush The Show is underrated. People think about Takes A Nation.. and Fear of... when they think of PE but I think Yo!.. is just as good.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2004, 09:31:00 PM »
I was thinking, and no matter what is said, if it's good, there is a gang of fans that will co-sign anything I said. So I leave you with this overrated album in my opinion, Dr. Dre presents... The Aftermath, because I know hardcore Dre fans that hated that album, and I thought it was one of the best albums out. I loved the first 5 tracks, like I gave them 5 outta 5, and it has King Tee, and there are a few hidden gems in there. It's a nice solid album that too many people hated on. I don't care what anyone else says, Big L, Nas, any Wu Tang member, Chino XL, Talib Kweli, Ras Kass, I don't give a fuck, each underrated artist has there loyal fans that will say this is underrated, and at least enough people will agree to let that artist live decent. Dr. Dre, well shit, his loyal fans bought his disc, and then dissed the shit outta it. It's actually a good album, so I'll say that's my underrated album.

teecee

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2004, 07:37:43 AM »
Ya man, the Dre aftermath cd is dope, most people were feeling that when it came out, half of these guys on the board who dont like werent even in to rap when it dropped......

I would also say Nastradamus is not as bad as people think..........and of course, the Chino album is amazing, to me its like Masta ACe Disposable Arts.....

But my underrated album goes to King Tee's "supposed" worst album, the one that had Dippin (straight g funk on here), Dippin Remix, Super Nigga, and the amazing Freestyle Ghetto among others....    I have NEVER heard one person mention this album....if you listen to those songs i mentioned you'd probably be very surprised, it is the west in its prime