Author Topic: LL Cool J sells 187,000!!!!!!!! Unbelievable, longevity wise he is the GOAT  (Read 880 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: LL Cool J sells 187,000!!!!!!!! Unbelievable, longevity wise he is the GOAT
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2004, 01:08:44 AM »
There's also a dude named Too Short still around doing his thing...Anyone know of him?

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2004, 09:36:02 AM »
krs has the best discography in rap history, but hes no longer relevant. neither is short dog. start crying...im just speaking the truth...ll is still selling...they never really were in the first place
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2004, 09:54:16 AM »
This album was a complete piece of shit, even though it sold 187k, it still sucks, and LL fell the fuck off. And I don't know why everyone is hating on Cube, he's released shit I've liked since 98.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2004, 10:44:51 AM »
krs has the best discography in rap history, but hes no longer relevant. neither is short dog. start crying...im just speaking the truth...ll is still selling...they never really were in the first place

I wouldn't exactly call LL relevent. 187,000, big deal! It probably won't sell too much more. You wanna talk about relevent after 20+ years then mention U2, or Aerosmith, 30+ years Bruce Springsteen and  Michael Jackson (except for the wrong reasons), after 40+ years Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones. KRS One is still relevent to the rap community and that's all we can expect from rap artists. No rapper stays on top of the music community for than a few years, sometimes they get a comeback for a couple more years but that's it. LL may be more relevent that KRS but that doesn't mean he's that relevent.

KRS won a Billboard founders award (for Hip Hop) along side Isaac Hayes (who won it for RnB) in 2004. I'd like to think that is at least somewhat relevent.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2004, 10:48:02 AM by Shallow »

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2004, 07:48:03 AM »

I wouldn't exactly call LL relevent. 187,000, big deal! It probably won't sell too much more. You wanna talk about relevent after 20+ years then mention U2, or Aerosmith, 30+ years Bruce Springsteen and  Michael Jackson (except for the wrong reasons), after 40+ years Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones. KRS One is still relevent to the rap community and that's all we can expect from rap artists. No rapper stays on top of the music community for than a few years, sometimes they get a comeback for a couple more years but that's it. LL may be more relevent that KRS but that doesn't mean he's that relevent.

KRS won a Billboard founders award (for Hip Hop) along side Isaac Hayes (who won it for RnB) in 2004. I'd like to think that is at least somewhat relevent.
how many niggas on your block were anticipating/prasing/even talking about digital or keep right? exactly. even if its only women buying ll's albums, hes still relevant, cause people wanna hear his shit. krs aint. he reminds me of that old bitter man whos still trying to cling on to his past. talking about whats real hiphop and whats not?nigga, shut the fuck up. you didnt create this shit. making hiphop bibles and all that nonsense, fuck outta here.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2004, 10:29:25 AM »

how many niggas on your block were anticipating/prasing/even talking about digital or keep right? exactly. even if its only women buying ll's albums, hes still relevant, cause people wanna hear his shit. krs aint. he reminds me of that old bitter man whos still trying to cling on to his past. talking about whats real hiphop and whats not?nigga, shut the fuck up. you didnt create this shit. making hiphop bibles and all that nonsense, fuck outta here.

When I said KRS One is still relevent to the rap community I didn't mean to imply that he was relevent, I just meant he isn't completely forgotten about. LL is more relevent than KRS, and he always was. I just don't think LL is that relevent to begin with.

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2004, 10:52:36 AM »
8...You're forgetting "Kill At Will" and "Bootlegs & B-Sides"...Then you got the 2 WSC albums...Then the 2 NWA albums he was part of...All together, Cube has 8 solo albums and 4 group albums...Together that makes 12.

6 solo albums
3 group albums
1 EP

Kill At Will is an EP, I wouldn't consider Bootlegs & B-Sides a real album and I don't know if you've heard the second N.W.A (probably not) but he wasn't a member of the group then.  So group and solo that's nine LPs and an EP.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2004, 07:35:08 PM »
8...You're forgetting "Kill At Will" and "Bootlegs & B-Sides"...Then you got the 2 WSC albums...Then the 2 NWA albums he was part of...All together, Cube has 8 solo albums and 4 group albums...Together that makes 12.

6 solo albums
3 group albums
1 EP

Kill At Will is an EP, I wouldn't consider Bootlegs & B-Sides a real album and I don't know if you've heard the second N.W.A (probably not) but he wasn't a member of the group then.  So group and solo that's nine LPs and an EP.

WTF? "NWA & The Posse" was NWA's first album...Then "Straight Outta Compton"...He was still a member during "Straight Outta Compton"... ::)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2004, 09:07:45 PM »
LL's shit is 10 times better than anything Ice Cube has released since 98

Bullshit.

Cmon man , GOAT and 10 were both wack. I gave this piece of shit a listen and turned it off by track 8.

Vol 1 War > any Cool J album since mr. smith
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2004, 09:13:15 PM »
since 99 both cube an LL have been equally as wack both having a few bright moments since than tho.  Question tech,  where did you hear Cube sold more cuz i could of sworn his tops sales wise is 2 million.  And LL's put up those numbers a couple of times.

Based on random facts, figures and sources Ive seen through out history, Ive come to the understanding that the following are Cubes sales

AMW- Platinum
DC- 2 Platinum (Cube was King)
KAW- Platinum
Predator- 2 platinum (Good day blew for him on mtv)
Lethal Injection- Platinum
Bow Down- 2 platinum (recently certified)
Vol 1 War- Platinum
Vol. 2 Peace- Gold
Terrorist Threats- Gold
Ice Cube Greatest Hits- didnt sell nothing
Also Lench Mob went Gold.

Thats like 12 million, not including NWA

And Cube never spit for the hoes, until he became Don Mega

*remembers You Can Do It*

*shudders*
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2004, 02:55:26 PM »
Where are you, Mr. C2Knuckles?

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2004, 03:31:03 PM »
There's also a dude named Too Short still around doing his thing...Anyone know of him?

YES !!!! THANK YOU......THERE GOES A REAL LEGEND !!!!

16 or so albums deep......had demos out in 83......STILL DOIN IT BIG !!!

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2004, 03:08:33 AM »
since Cube changed his style to that slacky whacky style he became a bitch. sometimes he still spits straight fire like in "call 911".
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2004, 04:54:07 AM »
WTF? "NWA & The Posse" was NWA's first album...Then "Straight Outta Compton"...He was still a member during "Straight Outta Compton"... ::)

I'd call that a compilation.   Straight Outta Compton is thier debut.
"Featuring Eazy E, Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, M.C. Ren, Yella, Arabian Prince, The D.O.C., Dr. Rock, The Fila, Fresh Crew, Ron-De-Vu, Fresh K, And More" 
It's like give credit to Nas for QB's Finest.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2004, 03:04:32 PM »

I'd call that a compilation.   Straight Outta Compton is thier debut.
"Featuring Eazy E, Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, M.C. Ren, Yella, Arabian Prince, The D.O.C., Dr. Rock, The Fila, Fresh Crew, Ron-De-Vu, Fresh K, And More" 
It's like give credit to Nas for QB's Finest.

"NWA & The Posse" is listed as NWA's debut album... ::)