Author Topic: 18 more days, earth will never be the same..  (Read 958 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: 18 more days, earth will never be the same..
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2004, 07:26:46 PM »
Ok, i give, what the fuck is a DB?

Douche bag..

n : a small syringe with detachable nozzles; used for vaginal lavage and enemas

:D

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm way behind on my internet lingo.

Thirteen

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2004, 09:21:28 PM »
goddamn i didn't realize there were so many touchy ass bitches when it comes to video games. To me, halo is the best game ever made. Better than zelda, better than GTA, better than madden. The best arguement yall can come with is to be like 'he's a nerd'. I have the feeling i'm now debating with a 6th grader.

Rampant - If its sooo average a FPS, i'd like to know what you think a great FPS is.  Also, i'm curious - what is the story behind Halo anyway? [quote

here's halo's story... the covenant is a group of religious aliens that go around killing or converting planets... master chief is the last hope for mankind, he's a secret project.....halo was a structure made to hold back a type of creature that mutates it's hosts and spreads like a virus.... and they all kill each other

GRRRRREAT STORY  ::)

let's look at the gameplay...ok you can shoot, did that...jump... did that....man vehicles...did that, crouch...did that, throw grenades...did that...but with gun...did that and the maps consisted of go here and kill this....now go here and protect this.....go here and look at this.... go here and hit that switch....oh and the weapons were so revolutionary that they....oh my bad i must be thinking of the turok franchise

AWESOME GAMEPLAY

great graphics for the environment and all 5 creatures in the game...

and the AI was unbelievable... this is the first time creatures had squad based tactics...oh wait, turok 2 on the nintendo 64 had that...nevermind

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2004, 09:49:21 PM »
My brother just started playing FF11, I might get into that.  Looks fun. 

Sikx

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • pulu<3hewi
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2004, 11:59:33 PM »
it wont b nothin revolutionary, good game tho.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2004, 10:22:57 AM »
goddamn i didn't realize there were so many touchy ass bitches when it comes to video games. To me, halo is the best game ever made. Better than zelda, better than GTA, better than madden. The best arguement yall can come with is to be like 'he's a nerd'. I have the feeling i'm now debating with a 6th grader.

Rampant - If its sooo average a FPS, i'd like to know what you think a great FPS is.  Also, i'm curious - what is the story behind Halo anyway? [quote

here's halo's story... the covenant is a group of religious aliens that go around killing or converting planets... master chief is the last hope for mankind, he's a secret project.....halo was a structure made to hold back a type of creature that mutates it's hosts and spreads like a virus.... and they all kill each other

GRRRRREAT STORY ::)

let's look at the gameplay...ok you can shoot, did that...jump... did that....man vehicles...did that, crouch...did that, throw grenades...did that...but with gun...did that and the maps consisted of go here and kill this....now go here and protect this.....go here and look at this.... go here and hit that switch....oh and the weapons were so revolutionary that they....oh my bad i must be thinking of the turok franchise

AWESOME GAMEPLAY

great graphics for the environment and all 5 creatures in the game...

and the AI was unbelievable... this is the first time creatures had squad based tactics...oh wait, turok 2 on the nintendo 64 had that...nevermind

Well, if you'll notice, my question was aimed at Rampant because i don't think he's actually played the game much, if at all.  But since it appears you are his bitch, i'll direct my question at you.  What do you consider an awesome FPS?

on a side note, my Karma has dropped 2 points since i started this thread.

Look, i'm not sayin yall have to like this game.  i'm sayin it has received some of the highest critical acclaim from every magazine that reviews/rates games.  It is the single highest draw at every gaming convention.  E3 (the annual convention) awarded halo 2 with damn near every award, including BEST multiplayer (the same multiplayer that Rampant, the apparent guru dubbed "average").  But hey i guess all the programmers really have no clue what they are talking about. Every month at my college the fraternities STILL hold tourney's.  And thats after 3 years.  I've never owned a game that can even touch that replay value. 

Thirteen

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2004, 11:03:39 AM »
1st i don't give a shit who you asked....there's your answer from an educated gamer

if you expect a good answer from some one that might not know what they are talking about you're just as stupid as them

and you want a better FPS that Halo?

Halo IGN score 9.7         
Metroid Prime IGN score 9.8
Half Life has recieved more awards than any other FPS

there's two games

and anyways there's still large groups of people playing half life and counter strike multi player and those games date back to 1998

Thirteen

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2004, 11:18:49 AM »
oh i almost forgot... Goldeneye for the nintendo 64 is the best selling console FPS of all time

so they you got a game that beats Halo's Score

you got a game that beats Halo's longevity

and you have a game that beats Halo's sales

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2004, 12:19:37 PM »
I honestly never understood what was so great about Halo... Personally I found the single player hella tiresome, with the levels just repeating themselves and with the endless cannon fodder after you release the other aliens... The vehicles were a cool thing to be there, but controlling them sucked ass on PC.

Multiplayer is aaight, but I only find it fun when we have 4 guys playing on a friends X-Box and we can talk shit at the same time. Otherwise it's kinda dull after a while.

If they do the same thing with the boring ass levels in Halo 2... Whoopty fuckin doo. Same shit in a prettier package.

Good thing Half-Life 2's finally coming out.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2004, 05:29:06 PM »
yea this games gonna b tight

lol @ ppl sayin this game is for geeks, i read this interview wit xzibit n he said he wuz lookin forward to playin halo2 lol its hardly for geeks

and metroid prime isnt a FPS its a FPA (first person adventure)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Fathom

• 'G'
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2004, 05:35:57 PM »
tite game

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2004, 06:27:36 PM »
its amazing how these kids will defend halo to the end....why? I've never played the game huh? Well let me give you the autobiography of my life.

I got all this amazing feedback from these xbox bitches about how halo was the greatest fps ever made, and blah blah halo "OMFG you got to buy it" So i decided to buy it for the PC the week it came out. (please dont even try telling me that the pc version is different from the xbox version.)

I played the single player for about 5 hours. I got past a bunch of levels. What did i do for that 5 hours....well ill tell you. I shot the same 3 aliens over and over. (look at the pic.) These little ass aliens for 5 hours....wow thats real fun.

The multiplayer kept me hooked for a couple of months. But after awhile it just got so boring. There were only a couple of maps that i even liked playing. How many weapons were there ...? i cant remember but i remember it being a small amount.

Same thing over and over and over. If thats the best fps ever, than video games have reached an all time low.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2004, 06:55:54 PM »
its amazing how these kids will defend halo to the end....why? I've never played the game huh? Well let me give you the autobiography of my life.

I got all this amazing feedback from these xbox bitches about how halo was the greatest fps ever made, and blah blah halo "OMFG you got to buy it" So i decided to buy it for the PC the week it came out. (please dont even try telling me that the pc version is different from the xbox version.)

I played the single player for about 5 hours. I got past a bunch of levels. What did i do for that 5 hours....well ill tell you. I shot the same 3 aliens over and over. (look at the pic.) These little ass aliens for 5 hours....wow thats real fun.

The multiplayer kept me hooked for a couple of months. But after awhile it just got so boring. There were only a couple of maps that i even liked playing. How many weapons were there ...? i cant remember but i remember it being a small amount.

Same thing over and over and over. If thats the best fps ever, than video games have reached an all time low.

its amazing how these kids will defend halo to the end....why?

Uh, the PC version is different from the xbox version you fucking twat.

1st i don't give a shit who you asked....there's your answer from an educated gamer

if you expect a good answer from some one that might not know what they are talking about you're just as stupid as them

and you want a better FPS that Halo?

Halo IGN score 9.7
Metroid Prime IGN score 9.8
Half Life has recieved more awards than any other FPS

there's two games

and anyways there's still large groups of people playing half life and counter strike multi player and those games date back to 1998

Fuck dude way to go. You spent all that time digging, and you found one game that was rated higher.  Great job supporting the "its an average game" statement. (Games are in different catergories, btw)

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2004, 07:04:28 PM »
i played halo at my friends house for like 15 minutes. had to put the controller down it was so fuckin lame. tribes 2 imo is way better then that piece of shit game. tribes vengeance will prob be even better. event ho my comp cant handle games anymore, so i really oculd care less.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2004, 07:15:12 PM »
i played halo at my friends house for like 15 minutes. had to put the controller down it was so fuckin lame. tribes 2 imo is way better then that piece of shit game. tribes vengeance will prob be even better. event ho my comp cant handle games anymore, so i really oculd care less.

2 major problems with that statement: The phrase isn't "I could care less" its "I couldn't care less". You sound like a retard when you say it wrong.  2nd, if you really "could care less" about it, why and the hell are you posting in this thread?

Thirteen

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2004, 09:31:17 PM »
Fuck dude way to go. You spent all that time digging, and you found one game that was rated higher.  Great job supporting the "its an average game" statement. (Games are in different catergories, btw)

hey fuckhead, you said name a fps that's better so i did

for people that say metroid prime isn't a FPS:

Cube owners, your wait is over. Finally you can laugh back at the Xbox cronies or the PS2 junkies. Because the good people at Nintendo (its for breakfast now) have given us Metroid Prime. First let me say this; Nintendo seemed to freak everyone out when they released the first information of the game. I don’t think anyone expected the next gen Metroid to be a first person shooter. The gaming community is already flooded with games in the FPS genre, so no one was expecting anything revolutionary.

and it took me 3 seconds to dig up that metroid prime is a better game because i own that, halo, half life and goldeneye and i knew they all did better than halo... sorry i proved that you're a moron but once you get halo 2 you can go back to not having a life