Author Topic: Pope says gay marriage part of 'ideology of evil'  (Read 754 times)

QCDutch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • #1 llama!
Re: Pope says gay marriage part of 'ideology of evil'
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2005, 05:58:14 AM »
but I just think the pope should hurry up and die

explain yourself.. you...

pope john paul the 2nd may be the last true catholic in the vatican, and you want him to die ? what is wrong with you ?

I meant that more like, he should shut up and stop telling the world what they should do...
I'm not against catholics or against having a pope, I just think that having a church leaded by someone who can't even talk for him self is kinda ridiculous... you actually think he writes any statement that comes from the Vatican? He couldnt even if he wanted to

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2005, 06:13:44 AM »
There's no way I'd consider the opinion of a 200 year old senile dude.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

QCDutch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • #1 llama!
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2005, 06:18:39 AM »

;D , my point exactly

mauzip

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2005, 06:21:55 AM »

Anyone that uses his mind wouldn't, but you gotta realize he has an influence on many people on this planet.

QCDutch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • #1 llama!
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2005, 06:32:39 AM »

Anyone that uses his mind wouldn't, but you gotta realize he has an influence on many people on this planet.

yeah but he isnt just appealing to the people that believe in him or follow him, but hes trying to get the whole world to do as he thinks...
I dont think he has the right to...

QCDutch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • #1 llama!
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2005, 06:33:35 AM »
I mean believing in something is cool but let someone else have his own believes

mauzip

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2005, 06:39:25 AM »
^^comparing abortion with the holocaust is insane. he should be prosecuted for that.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2005, 07:10:41 AM »
^^comparing abortion with the holocaust is insane. he should be prosecuted for that.

Posecuted? That was the stupidest thing you've said so far. Let's get one thing straight; I'm not Catholic and do not look at the Pope for leadership, but I see where he's coming from on these issues. Having the Church allow Gay marriages is a stepping stone for incestuous marriages. If he allows two men to get married then he'll have less of a case when it comes to a father and daughter or brother and sister, or even brother and brother, getting married. I personally don't have a problem either way but I can see how some might.

Now as for your claim that he should be prosecuted; there is nothing illegal about making outlandish comparisons. You only take it so far because you are either Jewish or have been brain washed by the media and think the the Holocaust of the 1930s and 40s in Germany was the worst thing to ever happen to any people anywhere. Well, I hate to break it to you but it happened a lot more than once and to more than just the Jews. It just so happens that the only one the we seem to hear about was that one. When did the Pope say he didn't care about the the killing of 6 million Jews? Just curious.

One more question on abortion; why is it okay to kill a fetus at 6 weeks but not at 6 months? and if you found out that a fetus could survive with out the mother from day one would you still support it?

mauzip

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2005, 07:55:14 AM »
Posecuted? That was the stupidest thing you've said so far.

He creates hate against a big group of people, but in the position he's in he also hurts a big number in that group of people. Why do you think gay activists have tried to prosecute the pope several times before? It's the same principle, even though I think gays have better arguments to sue the pope than holocaust victims do.

You only take it so far because you are either Jewish or have been brain washed by the media and think the the Holocaust of the 1930s and 40s in Germany was the worst thing to ever happen to any people anywhere. Well, I hate to break it to you but it happened a lot more than once and to more than just the Jews. It just so happens that the only one the we seem to hear about was that one.

I'm not jewish. I know a lot more happened in WW2 than just the holocaust, but like I already said: the pope has a too big of influence on people to say shit like that.

When did the Pope say he didn't care about the the killing of 6 million Jews? Just curious.

He never did, but as far as I know no pope has ever apologized for doing nothing against the holocaust in WW2.

One more question on abortion; why is it okay to kill a fetus at 6 weeks but not at 6 months?

A 6-months-old foetus feels pain, realizes it has pain, it suffers; a foetus of 6 weeks doesn't. There's a reason why there's a law that states the maximum number of weeks a woman can be pregnant in order to have an abortion done.

and if you found out that a fetus could survive with out the mother from day one would you still support it?

Yes. If a woman won't be able to take care of her baby, is pregnant from a rapist or has another good reason not to keep it, she has the right to do an abortion. This is kinda black and white how I state it, but there's of course a grey area in this too since the (possible) father(s) should also have a vote in it.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2005, 08:41:43 AM »
He creates hate against a big group of people, but in the position he's in he also hurts a big number in that group of people. Why do you think gay activists have tried to prosecute the pope several times before? It's the same principle, even though I think gays have better arguments to sue the pope than holocaust victims do.

I think there is a difference between organizing hate inspired physical attacks and stating opinions already held by every devout catholic. Anyone that attacks a homosexual because the all of the sudden the Pope said it was evil is insane and could be triggered by any numbers of things.

I'm not jewish. I know a lot more happened in WW2 than just the holocaust, but like I already said: the pope has a too big of influence on people to say shit like that.

I meant all the other holocausts and genocides that happened since and before the holocaust of WW2.

He never did, but as far as I know no pope has ever apologized for doing nothing against the holocaust in WW2.

I am of Greek descent. My ancestors were enslaved by Turkey between 1453 and 1821. After regaining independence of half of Grece (the current Greece) Turkey became more brutal with it's occupied countries. In 1915 they killed nearly 2 million Armenians in what Churchill called a holocaust. They also killed any Greek in the Turkish side of Greece that was never freed. My paternal grandfather had family on that side. Members of his family (and mine) were brutally murdered as a result of this holocaust. Not only has Turkey never apologized for this, but they don't even admit to having done it. None the less, I have never asked for an apology from any Turk and don't care if their Governement issues one, because no one currently in power had anything to do with the slavery or the genocide. Pope John Paul II was not directly responsible for anything Hitler did. I don't think he should have to apologize for anything.

A 6-months-old foetus feels pain, realizes it has pain, it suffers; a foetus of 6 weeks doesn't. There's a reason why there's a law that states the maximum number of weeks a woman can be pregnant in order to have an abortion done.

Current Science says a 6 week fetus feels no pain. What would you say if a new scientific discovery showed that a fetus can feel pain upon conception?

Yes. If a woman won't be able to take care of her baby, is pregnant from a rapist or has another good reason not to keep it, she has the right to do an abortion. This is kinda black and white how I state it, but there's of course a grey area in this too since the (possible) father(s) should also have a vote in it.

What if the government were to make it illegal but provide care for any otherwise aborted child. Would you be against that?

mauzip

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2005, 09:07:44 AM »
What if, what if? If this or that happens there will always be certain things that can change anyone's opinion.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2005, 09:38:49 AM »
What if, what if? If this or that happens there will always be certain things that can change anyone's opinion.

I'm just trying to figure out where you stand on certain possibilities and whether you are dead set in your beliefs. It is very possible for the scientific understanding of a fetus to change in the coming years. Like I said before, anyone who thinks that current science on certain issues "prooves" anything is a fool.

I may disagree with abortion but that doesn't mean I'm going around stopping women from having abortions. I simply express my opinion to any young woman I know that contemplates it. This is no different than me disagreeing with the Islamic religion, much like any Muslim disagrees with the Christian religion. If I'm conversing with a muslim I'll express why I am not Muslim and he or she will express why they are not Christian, just like you express why you are not religious. I certainly would not force my religion on anyone that refuses it, and I would not force any young woman not to get an abortion. I also would not have a problem with a law banning abortion if the government chooses to pick up the costs. I think it would be unfair for the government to ban it and then expect young mothers who would otherwise get abortions to pay for it.

Now if the technology of incubators could increase to the point where the fetus could be removed from the womb with in days of conception and raised in the incubator then I would greatly support a confidentiality based system to keep young mothers from having abortions. I can't see these type of devices being too far away. The only reason I don't think this would happen is the government wouldn't want to fork the bill. The only way I could see it coming into fruition is if the people demaded it and offered to pay for it through taxes, which isn't likely.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2005, 10:33:52 AM »
like tech said the pope is 100% right

and like siko said the pope is one real nigga

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

chronic01

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • StR8 Westcoast
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2005, 10:49:15 AM »
the pope did issue an official apology for the holocaust
and saying that he has never done anything good in his life is ridiculous
and seriously you really gotta calm the fuck down because people dont think like you do does not make them a piece of shit it just makes you an ignorant piece of shit that too opinionated for his intellengence level

rafsta

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2005, 11:12:47 AM »
but the pope does not have a good heart.

obviously you have no idea of the popes works in the past 20 or so years.