Author Topic: Xzibit Clip Has Bus With Stripper Pole But ....  (Read 240 times)

themovie

Xzibit Clip Has Bus With Stripper Pole But ....
« on: August 01, 2002, 04:36:13 AM »
Xzibit's highly anticipated Man vs. Machine is not even in stores yet and already the rapper is hyping his next project.

Mid-workout backstage at the Anger Management Tour, X revealed that The Coast Is Clear, the debut album from his group the Golden State Project, which includes Ras Kass and Saafir, will be released in February on his own label.

"We 'bout to hit 'em hard," Xzibit said of his side project. "We've been talkin' 'bout it, talkin' 'bout it since my first record. And now, you know, Open Bar Entertainment is a reality. It's my label. We're on Columbia Records, and it's a whole new push."

Xzibit is certainly elated about the launch of Open Bar Entertainment, but that's not to say he isn't popping corks over Man vs. Machine.

The album, which features X's usual cronies — Dr. Dre, Eminem and Snoop Dogg, among others — has been more than a year and a half in the making.

"I've been training for this album like I've been getting ready to fight Lennox [Lewis] or something," Xzibit said, with a gym as his fitting backdrop. "I went back in the studio as soon as I got off the road [last spring]. And I really had a vision for this album."

Man vs. Machine is a concept album of sorts about the obstacles Xzibit has faced over the past six years as he developed from an underground West Coast rapper to a mainstream radio and video star.

"I think I've overcome a lot, and I feel like Man vs. Machine was a fitting title to personify that struggle," he explained. "[It's] me staying true to the basic fact that I love the music first and I love the fans and I get my success when I'm out in front of the crowd. [Whether] there's 30,000 of y'all or five of y'all, I don't care. I got the mic and I'm rippin', and y'all are goin' off and screaming right back at me. That's real."

Along with Dre and his protégés, X's fourth album features guest appearances by singer Anthony Hamilton, Brooklyn hardcore rap duo M.O.P. and his Golden State Project partners.

Dre produced four tracks for the album, while Eminem, Rockwilder, Bink (Fat Joe), Jelly Roll (Snoop Dogg) and Rick Rock (Jay-Z) also contributed tracks.

The first single, the Dre-produced "Multiply," features additional vocals from Nate Dogg, who showed up, along with Dre and Busta Rhymes, when Xzibit filmed the video for the track earlier this month in Los Angeles.

Chris Robinson (P. Diddy, DMX) directed the clip, which follows a caravan of vehicles through the desert to Las Vegas, where X's next video will pick up. Xzibit is seen in each of the rides, which include his own Cadillac Escalade and a tour bus fitted with a stripper pole.

"It's 'Multiply,' so you know, X to the Z all over the place," the rapper explained on the set of the video. "It's a great concept, nice visual effects, but nothing corny."

Xzibit said he chose "Multiply" for the first single to provide a smooth transition between 2000's Restless and Man vs. Machine.

X will head overseas for a short European trek after the Anger Management Tour ends September 8.

Man vs. Machine track list, according to Columbia Records:
"Release Date"
"Symphony in X Major" f/ Dr. Dre
"Multiply" f/ Nate Dogg
"Break Yourself"
"Heart of Man"
"Harder" f/ Golden State Project
"Paul"
"Choke Me, Spank Me (Pull My Hair)"
"Losin' Your Mind" f/ Snoop Dogg
"(Hit U) Where It Hurts"
"BK to LA" f/ M.O.P.
"Say My Name" f/ Eminem, Nate Dogg
"My Life, My World"
"Gambler" f/ Anthony Hamilton
"What a Mess"
"Missin' U"
"Right On"
"Bitch Ass N---az (Interlude)" f/ Eddie Griffin

E. J. Rizo

Re: Xzibit Clip Has Bus With Stripper Pole But ...
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2002, 04:44:10 AM »
tight shit i cant wait for this album
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Jome

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2002, 04:55:08 AM »
"Release Date"
Prod: Jelly Roll
"Multiply" f/ Nate Dogg
Prod: Dr.Dre
"Break Yourself"
"Heart of Man"
"Paul"
"(Hit U) Where It Hurts"
"BK to LA" f/ M.O.P.
Prod: DJ Premier ??
Prod: Eminem
"My Life, My World"
Prod: Bink
"What a Mess"
Prod: DJ Premier
"Missin' U"
"Right On"

The track "Gangs" from the sampler isn't here?

themovie

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2002, 04:57:37 AM »
"Release Date"
Prod: Jelly Roll
"Multiply" f/ Nate Dogg
"Break Yourself"
"Heart of Man"
"Paul"
"(Hit U) Where It Hurts"
"BK to LA" f/ M.O.P.
Prod: DJ Premier ??
Prod: Eminem
"My Life, My World"
Prod: Bink
"What a Mess"
Prod: DJ Premier
"Missin' U"
"Right On"

The track "Gangs" from the sampler isn't here?

Its called GAMBLER

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2002, 05:40:35 AM »
when does Man vs Machine drop??

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2002, 05:41:49 AM »
september 17
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

themovie

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2002, 05:43:45 AM »
Simphony X..... :P