Poll

Who's the better perimeter player?

FLASH
13 (44.8%)
KOBE
16 (55.2%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Wade vs Kobe  (Read 2070 times)

WestCoasta

Re: Wade vs Kobe
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2005, 01:54:55 AM »
Wade better than Kobe >>>> NAH

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2005, 02:53:37 AM »
Kobe>Lebron>>Wade>>>>>Carmelo

I think there's a greater difference between Kobe and LeBron than there is between Carmelo and LeBron... :-\

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2005, 01:00:19 PM »
eS El Duque... numbers are not everything... if they were KG would be MVP again. Wade should've had some major numbers this year? lol what NBA were u watching this year?! Wade shouldve done more with shaq? He is in his second season, give him a go ffs...

Lebron was in his second season...still better numbers than Wade  :o

I'm talking numbers here.

KG would've got MVP if his team made the playoffs...lol...Hell...my fantasy team consisted of Garnett(F), Wade (G), James(F, he's eligible as a Guard and Forward in most fantasy leagues), Bryant(G)...and my center/6th men never made a difference...ofc i didn't have all these guys in the beginning (becuase of the cost of most of these players)

I won DUBCC's Basketball Fantasy League (and A LOT OF OTHER leagues!) easily with building my team around Lebron and Garnett, only reason I got Kobe was becuase he got cheaper when he got injured, so I bought him right before he returned..great numbers!

Actually, I was kinda tlaking out of my ass...Wade just needed to average 6 more points and he would've had a better season than Kobe ever had with Shaq.

Kobe>Lebron>>Wade>>>>>Carmelo

I think there's a greater difference between Kobe and LeBron than there is between Carmelo and LeBron... :-\

Like Grant hill said "Wade is an amazing player..but Lebron is the REAL DEAL!"

Player wise...nah...Lebron and Kobe are almost on the same level (Player skills)..and I would'nt be surprised in 2-3 years Lebron will be a better player than Kobe ever been.

if we're talking career...yea..Kobe is FAR AHEAD of Lebron.

But Cleveland fucked up for next year..they hired the wrong Brown for Coach...and the wrong Brown to be their President lol
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2005, 01:58:27 AM »
I'm not talking career...Kobe would MASH on LeBron regardless...I have no way of telling the future, like some of the people one here seem to, but I know for a fact that RIGHT NOW Kobe would slaughter LeBron...IMO, Cleveland would've been a top seeded team in the East if Kobe replaced LeBron...You'd don't think so?

dexter

« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2005, 07:08:12 AM »
3 ring KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o 8) :D ;D :) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2005, 09:24:46 PM »
Maybe still Kobe, Wade might pretty damn sure be a lot better in a couple years, though. People overrate Kobe like motherfuckers. Those 3 rings dont prove SHIT. There are like 10-15 active guards who would have had 3 rings with SHAQ and PHIL in 6 years, during Shaq's prime. And that's the truth. Shaq was the reason why Lakers were what they were, not Kobe. Of course it wouldnt have been that great without Kobe, but a lot of players could have REPLACED Kobe. While no motherfuckin Center would have been able to replace Shaq. I know this forum is filled with Kobe dickriders, but deep down in your motherfucking heart you know Im so damn right that is makes you puke.

I'd expect that outta 7even, but ejrizo? I'm disappointed.
doesnt mean i still cant support the lakers....im just stating whats going on.....i have always felt this way.....it was shaq's team but thats just my opinion.....but everything this year keeps proving me right so far...anyway just stating whats up......but plain and simple lakers aint in it right now so im going for shaq and the heat......

krazykokonutz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2005, 06:41:44 AM »
as for the guy who said it was shaqs team....i guess we shouldve gave shaq the ball in the fourth quarter in all those close games in the playoffs huh...i think we would have one championship....it shouldve been brian shaw or rick fox taking those shots.....kobe saved shaq's ass everytime down the stretch. lemme give u some reasons why d wade is not on kobe's level yet
kobe's been in the league for nine years, wade 2
kobe has three championships, wade 0 (regardless if he had shaq, shaq wouldnt have won shit without kobe, kobe wouldnt have won shit without shaq)
kobe actually has a perimeter shot so to even say wade is a perimeter game is bullshit.
wade is quicker than kobe because he is smaller, but as quick as wade is , i would say kobe is one of the quickest in the league.wade is at the top though
kobe has penetration skills as does wade. but the difference is kobe can be triple teamed at times. shaq takes the attention off of wade. so wade is free to do anything, but yet kobe averaged more point than wade  and about the same assists with all the focus of the defense being on kobe. if wade had the same attention kobe gets on the defensive end, trust me buddy it would be a whole different story.if u guys watched all the laker games this season, u haters would know what im talking about. that dude is amazing....and for u guys that say ima  kobe dickrider, no im a kobe bryant fan. even if my argument is for kobe. give me proof that what i said is wrong

acbaylove

« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2005, 02:32:08 PM »
as for the guy who said it was shaqs team....i guess we shouldve gave shaq the ball in the fourth quarter in all those close games in the playoffs huh...i think we would have one championship....it shouldve been brian shaw or rick fox taking those shots.....kobe saved shaq's ass everytime down the stretch. lemme give u some reasons why d wade is not on kobe's level yet
kobe's been in the league for nine years, wade 2
kobe has three championships, wade 0 (regardless if he had shaq, shaq wouldnt have won shit without kobe, kobe wouldnt have won shit without shaq)
kobe actually has a perimeter shot so to even say wade is a perimeter game is bullshit.
wade is quicker than kobe because he is smaller, but as quick as wade is , i would say kobe is one of the quickest in the league.wade is at the top though
kobe has penetration skills as does wade. but the difference is kobe can be triple teamed at times. shaq takes the attention off of wade. so wade is free to do anything, but yet kobe averaged more point than wade  and about the same assists with all the focus of the defense being on kobe. if wade had the same attention kobe gets on the defensive end, trust me buddy it would be a whole different story.if u guys watched all the laker games this season, u haters would know what im talking about. that dude is amazing....and for u guys that say ima  kobe dickrider, no im a kobe bryant fan. even if my argument is for kobe. give me proof that what i said is wrong

:rock:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2005, 08:00:16 PM »
It sickens me how many people have voted for Wade...Ya'll don't deserve to analyse basketball.

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2005, 11:01:29 AM »
Who denied what? ::)

so getting rid of Shaq was a good move then? lol

Meanwhile, Kobe will be on top of things, and I'm willing to bet you on that...

lol u should be in charge of all the lakers player moves with blind gambling like that...

Blind gambling? What's one word to describe the Heat if they don't win the championship this season? You guesses it...DECLINE. And the Lakers? They're easily on an uprise...Think about it, it's not that hard.

youre taking a team that will probably make the finals...and saying they will decline, and then a team that didnt even make the playoffs...and saying theyre on the rise. Of course the Lakers SHOULD be on the rise, i dont think theyll be WORSE then this year. But they definetely arent winning a championship anytime soon unless they make some MAJOR moves. The team they have now is going nowhere anytime soon. And even with Miami's "decline" theyll still be in a better position next year to win the title then LA will. BTW, the Spurs will be better then both teams next year so who cares.  ;D

Also, if LA kept Shaq instead of Kobe....i dont think they would have won a title this year either, but i DO think they would have made the playoffs for sure. Shaq's career is winding down, but Kobe did nothing this year to show me he can ACTUALLY lead a team to winning...rather then just put up numbers of his own.

krazykokonutz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2005, 11:40:14 AM »
do u think shaq was worth 30 mil this year??? even if they wouldve made the playoffs with shaq this year....what would happen two years after that when shaq cant do anymore....what superstar are u going to sign with no cap space?? and he comes fatter and fatter each season not to mention the the vacations he takes off "company time" or where he flips the switch at the end of the season when its too late. the lakers were smart because they thought about the future....were not SUPPOSED to win the title every year at one point in time you have to rebuild just like the bulls a\were. its inevitable but what they can prevent is the state the bulls were in not too long ago. they were at the bottom of the league after jordan left. they are BARELY gettin back into the playoffs right now after 7 years. they let pippen go so they had to go into a total rebuilding mode. this is something the lakers dont wanna do. people are saying keep shaq keep shaq but we would be like the bulls when shaq retires because we cant sign any players. with kobe signed all we are missing is a few parts of the puzzle dont u think? is better to be missing a few pieces of the puzzle then to not have a puzzle at all

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2005, 11:43:06 AM »
do u think shaq was worth 30 mil this year??? even if they wouldve made the playoffs with shaq this year....what would happen two years after that when shaq cant do anymore....what superstar are u going to sign with no cap space?? and he comes fatter and fatter each season not to mention the the vacations he takes off "company time" or where he flips the switch at the end of the season when its too late. the lakers were smart because they thought about the future....were not SUPPOSED to win the title every year at one point in time you have to rebuild just like the bulls a\were. its inevitable but what they can prevent is the state the bulls were in not too long ago. they were at the bottom of the league after jordan left. they are BARELY gettin back into the playoffs right now after 7 years. they let pippen go so they had to go into a total rebuilding mode. this is something the lakers dont wanna do. people are saying keep shaq keep shaq but we would be like the bulls when shaq retires because we cant sign any players. with kobe signed all we are missing is a few parts of the puzzle dont u think? is better to be missing a few pieces of the puzzle then to not have a puzzle at all

i didnt think they should KEEP shaq necessarily....im the one that said they shoulda got rid of him AND kobe, and get damn near a whole starting 5 for em both.

krazykokonutz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2005, 12:10:26 PM »
oh cool man everyone has their opinion...no sweat....by the way u said get a new starting 5 ??? u would only get role player or borderline superstars....thats the clippers!!i wouldnt want that....

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2005, 01:26:46 PM »
oh cool man everyone has their opinion...no sweat....by the way u said get a new starting 5 ??? u would only get role player or borderline superstars....thats the clippers!!i wouldnt want that....

Seriously...At least they have Kobe, a proven great who hasn't even reached his prime, to build a team around...Imagine how bad the Lakers would have been if Shaq AND Kobe were gone...Trading Kobe would be LA's biggest mistake ever. Why the FUCK would you trade the best player in the league? Who can they get for Kobe? Even if they got the best deal possible, lets say something like Kevin Garnett, Latrell Sprewell, and Wally Sczerbiak for Kobe, they still wouldn't have been good this year...Kobe is the way to go. Anybody would love to have Kobe Bryant as a player to build around...Why someone would trade a player like that is beyond me.

krazykokonutz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2005, 02:03:22 PM »

Seriously...At least they have Kobe, a proven great who hasn't even reached his prime, to build a team around...Imagine how bad the Lakers would have been if Shaq AND Kobe were gone...Trading Kobe would be LA's biggest mistake ever. Why the FUCK would you trade the best player in the league? Who can they get for Kobe? Even if they got the best deal possible, lets say something like Kevin Garnett, Latrell Sprewell, and Wally Sczerbiak for Kobe, they still wouldn't have been good this year...Kobe is the way to go. Anybody would love to have Kobe Bryant as a player to build around...Why someone would trade a player like that is beyond me.
i agree....if u got kevin garnett latrell sprewell and wally then u just have the twolves in la....who didnt make the playoffs....