Author Topic: Anybody here listen to Lucky Dube?  (Read 114 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Anybody here listen to Lucky Dube?
« on: July 05, 2005, 02:18:02 PM »
One of my Gambian brothers turned me on to this South African artist Lucky Dube.  He's the first reggae artist I've really gotten into, the album is all about the struggle for justice and peace in the world, it speaks about unity, sacrifice, love, the loneliness of exile, I don't know alll of this guys story but I think he was a part of the resistance movement in South Africa.  His voice is therapuetic to the spirit, check his remake of "I Want To Know What Love Is" if you want to hear his vocal capability, and check out "Prisoner" and "Exile" if you want to get his message.   
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

J2K

Re: Anybody here listen to Lucky Dube?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 09:17:21 PM »
Never heard of him.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 08:49:50 AM »
I heard this guy died last night in a car jacking.

EARNERTON!

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 09:52:54 AM »
yeah I've heard of him, he's big in Africa, especially in Southern Africa, I heard he got merked in a carjacking in Joburg last Friday while he was trying to take his kids to school or sumthin you know, its crazy over there, that place is rags, rip to Lucky Dube, I ain't personally heard any of his music now, but just from what my relatives use to tell me about him back in the day an that, I know that brother was for the cause, big him up everytime you know, lets go