Author Topic: Eminem is retiring................  (Read 1263 times)

DAYUM

Re: Eminem is retiring................
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2005, 02:31:47 AM »
good hes past his prime anyways

rafsta

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2005, 04:47:15 AM »
he probably is retiring, just like jay-z did... he wont be able to stay away from rappin, give it 2 years...

Okka

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2005, 05:01:28 AM »

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2005, 06:10:37 AM »
Man, if I was him, I'd spend a few years crafting the best album I could make - make one track here, another one there. Not really trying to come up with those 15 tracks to fill up a CD, sitting in a studio 24-7, but write whenever I get the inspiration and let the album create itself over a few years. Then release that shit and retire, go out with a real bang instead of a flop like Encore. That's what I would do.

wcsoldier

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2005, 07:56:46 AM »
Man, if I was him, I'd spend a few years crafting the best album I could make - make one track here, another one there. Not really trying to come up with those 15 tracks to fill up a CD, sitting in a studio 24-7, but write whenever I get the inspiration and let the album create itself over a few years. Then release that shit and retire, go out with a real bang instead of a flop like Encore. That's what I would do.
yep good idea. I still believe he wasted his talent, made some dope songs but too much corny songs-singles but I guess this was Interscope scheme to sell. Though he shouldn't retire now. Encore is a bad way to retire but isn"t he Mr I don't give a give a fuck?  ;D

Diabolical

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2005, 09:25:31 AM »
He should get into Slim Shady mode and start spitting that Psychotic X Feind shit again.
SSLP was the fucking shit then it got worse each album. I thinkill go listen to SSLP.

NP_POISON_247365

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2005, 01:13:10 PM »
Fuck all you Eminem haters..keep in mind this fucker n dre keep this shit goin...after pac n big were gone they basically saved rap music in a way..like it or not. I doubt eminem is done..same shit happend with Jay-Z he brought out albums after annoucing the same shit, rite?

Sikotic™

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2005, 09:08:33 PM »
He needs to retire for a couple years until he got his creative streak back. Encore is not the way you wanna go out.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Breezio

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2005, 09:36:29 PM »
They said Encore was the best selling "final album" by a rapper......can anyone confirm this??

Im pretty sure 7 Day Theory (if you dont count Pac's posthumous albums) is the highest, at 5 million+ sold to date.

no they said this: Insiders said Eminem’s inner-circle of friends knew in advance that Encore would be the best-selling rapper of all time’s last album

I don't think that is true either but I might be wrong....but they werent saying encore was his best selling album

Elevz

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2005, 02:27:19 AM »
Eminem retiring? I don't think there's much that can put him back on the map as a respected rapper anyway, but retiring after putting out Encore... That's just lame. At least give the fans something decent to think back to, instead of having them referring to you as "the rapper that fell off on his Encore so he decided to quit". Just like the title already says, with Encore he stayed in the game just too long. Thing is, I think he should retire from producing first - it actually seems like he's getting some of his rapping skills back these days. His productions are still corny tho.

Oh well, what the hell are we talking about. He won't retire yet anyway. Not this way. If was really planning to retire, he would've announced it earlier on instead of AFTER releasing the album. That way he could've got more out of the album sales. "Oh, it's his last album, we gotta pick this up man... There's gonna be no more Eminem albums after this!"

Even if he retires, he'll pull a Jigga on the industry and start doing some corny crossover collabo's. He ain't gone yet.

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2005, 04:44:22 AM »
Em could still demolish your favourite rapper

if farting in the mic means demolishin someone to you then yes he is.

He's barely a rapper anymore though. I hope this means he won't be on tecca's album fuckin up the track with lynch

Em used to be up there with the elite, now he's nothin but a sad joke.. it's a shame he had to ruin the respect he had built just before retiring

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2005, 09:16:39 AM »
for some reason i doubt it
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

chronic01

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • StR8 Westcoast
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2005, 11:52:43 AM »
ok i dont think hes fullfilled his contract with interscope has he?
i think he still has one more album he has to fullfill unless hes buying himself out

wcsoldier

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2005, 01:09:54 PM »
ok i dont think hes fullfilled his contract with interscope has he?
i think he still has one more album he has to fullfill unless hes buying himself out
yep u right about it. Maybe this Funeral (kind of a best of plus 4 new tracks) will be release  8)

westkoastanostra

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2005, 02:37:48 PM »
fuck i guess evryone in this board hates eminen....encore wasnt even as bad as ppl say it is....but it shouldnt b his last album...he should drop one more....and spit that shit like he did in 2002-2003...