Author Topic: wwe fire JR!  (Read 550 times)

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
Re: wwe fire JR!
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2005, 11:41:26 AM »
JR's been apart of the WWE for a long long time..theres no way they would just fire his ass after all those years

unless jerry the king fucked him up

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2005, 01:00:29 PM »
Shitty to see him go, him and the king make matches fun to watch

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2005, 03:33:48 PM »
It's about time, J.R.'s about 5 years past his prime.  People were making fun of him way back then.  They should bring in Joey Styles (Duh!) I can't believe they're not doing that.  Greatest announcer ever, outside of Bobby Heenan. 

The way the WWE is now they don't want wrestling guys in those roles. Why, I don't know. The guy that was supposed to take JRs spot is Mike Goldberg, a UFC announcer that knows noothing about wrestling. He turned it down because he wants to break into real sports like NBA or NFL and working for WWE would be a huge setback. JR is still one of the best play by play guys they could have. Joey is great but I doubt we'll see him. Mike Tenay may be the best working at the moment. Heened isn't the best, far from it. He's a colour man not a play by play guy. He's there to add input or be funny. He's in the same category as Jesse Ventura, Lawler, or Rody Piper once upon a time. Say what you want about JR but very few can call match as well as he could. Among that very few is the single greatest play by play man ever; Gordon Soley.

Hennan was definately the best, without a doubt the most entertaining announcer they ever had. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2005, 05:40:30 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah but he wasn't a play by play man. You need a play by play man and a color man. The difference is like being a good entertainer in the ring like Hogan and being a good wrestler in the ring like Harley Race. Heenan can't call a match like JR could and Hogan couldn't wrestle a match like Harley. Who's better can go either way but the roles are different. One is there to make jokes and add heat to wrestlers and the other is there to help tell the story of the match and build the match as it takes place.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2005, 08:33:43 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah but he wasn't a play by play man. You need a play by play man and a color man. The difference is like being a good entertainer in the ring like Hogan and being a good wrestler in the ring like Harley Race. Heenan can't call a match like JR could and Hogan couldn't wrestle a match like Harley. Who's better can go either way but the roles are different. One is there to make jokes and add heat to wrestlers and the other is there to help tell the story of the match and build the match as it takes place.

Yeah heenan was the best ever co commentator...like most co commentators make insightful comments 2 back up wot the play by play commentator said (eg commentator:Look at that back drop, co commentator:Yeah he got a lot ov elevation on it) but not wit heenan hed jus critisize nthin the commentator said (eg commentator:HOgan jus layed out andre the giant, heenan:SHUT UP MONSOON!!) thts wot made him the best!!

The Maestro

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2005, 08:39:47 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Did I say he was a play by play man?  Stop getting all pedantic on me, I understand how the fucking announcing position works.  Look, the whole thing is about who entertains the fans more.  Bobby Heenan was a comedic genius at entertaining the fans, J.R. isn't.  J.R. Isn't even the best play by play guy, Mike Tenay runs circles around him.  Tony Schiavone was even arguably better than J.R., and Shiavone was pretty shitty and knew nothing about wrestling.  J.R. would be better suited behind the scenes. 

Another thing.  Everybody's talking about how J.R. is one of their top guys, he wouldn't be fired, etc.  Of course he hasn't been fired, it's a work.... however, he's been fired, for real, about 3 times by Vince!  Vince and him fight all the time so it's at least conceivable that he could get fired, it's certainly happened before. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2005, 08:52:57 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Did I say he was a play by play man?  Stop getting all pedantic on me, I understand how the fucking announcing position works.  Look, the whole thing is about who entertains the fans more.  Bobby Heenan was a comedic genius at entertaining the fans, J.R. isn't.  J.R. Isn't even the best play by play guy, Mike Tenay runs circles around him.  Tony Schiavone was even arguably better than J.R., and Shiavone was pretty shitty and knew nothing about wrestling.  J.R. would be better suited behind the scenes. 

Another thing.  Everybody's talking about how J.R. is one of their top guys, he wouldn't be fired, etc.  Of course he hasn't been fired, it's a work.... however, he's been fired, for real, about 3 times by Vince!  Vince and him fight all the time so it's at least conceivable that he could get fired, it's certainly happened before. 

But JR isn't supposed to entertain the fans, he is supposed to call the match and educate the fans. I agree that right now Tenay is better, but all time JR is a top 3 guy. Schiavone was never better than JR. You can ask anyone in the wrestling business. They all put JR near the top. Whether you like him or not, or I like him or not, isn't the question. He gets the respect by the inudustry and by the pros. You could ask anyone from Jim Cornette to Ric Flair to Vince McMahon and they will all say JR is a top 3 guy all time. JR knows how to get people interested in a match. Guys like Heenan and Ventura (who I think is funnier as a color man but not as a manager), get people interested in them and the wrestler's they promote, but not so much in the match. Name me who outside of Joey Styles could come in and do as good a job as JR next week.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2005, 09:33:47 PM »
jr is the greatest announcer ever!....wuts up wit all these fuckin reservoir dog fags!?

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2005, 11:23:29 PM »
2 quote mick foley.....JR could make a bad match good n a good match great! 8)

The Maestro

Sikotic™

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2005, 01:43:13 AM »
jr is the greatest announcer ever!....wuts up wit all these fuckin reservoir dog fags!?

This nigga gettin merked
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2005, 07:06:55 AM »
STUNNNERRRR STUNNNNNERRRR !!!!!! OPOOOHHHHH SHITITTT I JUST CRAPPPED MY HATT!!! STUHNNNNNEEERRR!!!

Here let me tell you about my Bar-Be-Cue sauce that takes 10 years to come out.

Here, let me tell you about my bullshit ass football team nobody wants to hear about.

Here, let me yell the same thing over and over three times. 

Here, let me get on t.v. and kiss Mr. McMahon's naked ass.

Here, let me ride Steve Austin's cock until I die and talk about what a close personal friend he is, even though he beats every woman's ass he can get his drunk fucking fists onto.

.... and I don't have to name a better announcer than Joey Styles to come in next week, because Joey Styles could come in next week!  Bring in Styles, he's already signed to a WWE contract! 

Plus I love your quote "He doesn't have to entertain the fans".  Are you fucking sick?  Oh wait, you're the same guy who told me it doesn't matter that X-Box and Playstation don't make money.  Gotcha. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2005, 08:10:32 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Like I said. I'll take the words of guys like Mick Foley and Harley Race and you can do whatever you want. Saying that's all JR can do is like saying all John Lennon can do is write pretentious protest songs.

And PS did make money. You backed out of that argument remember. PS2 out did Game Cube in in revenue and profit. Nintendo made a nice profit thanks to GBA and Pokemon. Console wise Sony is king.

Sikotic™

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2005, 12:06:18 PM »
Isn't Joey Styles pissed with the WWE and his whole contract situation? That's pretty much their only replacement option. Whjo wants some idiot from another sport to call a wrestling match? It's bound to suck.

JR will be back just like the other 2 or 3 times they tried to dump his ass.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2005, 02:26:51 PM »
Bring back Todd Pentingale, anyone remember that deuche, lol, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Sikotic™

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2005, 03:24:19 PM »
If you bring that prison bitch back, then you need Doc Hendrix too.

THA SAUCE HOUSE