Author Topic: WARREN G is off Universal Records  (Read 1181 times)

Tito

WARREN G is off Universal Records
« on: April 12, 2002, 11:19:17 PM »
I've read this on several sites....Warren G has been dropped from his new label,Universal Records.
Damn,warren g is up in the air again....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

gFuNkA

Re: WARREN G is off Universal Records
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2002, 11:22:15 PM »
really? where you read that?

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2002, 11:22:34 PM »
Best News Ive Had All Day

Warren Wasnt Promoted At All, The Sales Of His Album (For The Quality It Was) Were A Farce

I Hope He Can Find A Label That Can Let Him Work Freely Then Give Him The Push He Needs To Move Serious Units

peace

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Tito

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2002, 11:29:57 PM »
I'd like to know what kind of contract warren g got with Universal...

KVB

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2002, 11:30:41 PM »
Best News Ive Had All Day

Warren Wasnt Promoted At All, The Sales Of His Album (For The Quality It Was) Were A Farce

I Hope He Can Find A Label That Can Let Him Work Freely Then Give Him The Push He Needs To Move Serious Units

peace

A big step backwards for Warren G... actually promotion wouldn't have affected album sales figures much... why can't you simple minded people realize that Warren G is not as interesting/popular today as he was back in 1994 ?

Damn...  :-/

Tito

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2002, 11:34:32 PM »
His album was out few months ago,after that.....few concerts
around the u.s.(3 or 4 i think)and then?N-O-T-H-I-N-G-
Warren g has been fucked from the third label (def jam,restless and now Universal).
After that,i hope he goes indipendent!!!

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2002, 11:47:16 PM »

A big step backwards for Warren G... actually promotion wouldn't have affected album sales figures much... why can't you simple minded people realize that Warren G is not as interesting/popular today as he was back in 1994 ?

Damn...  :-/

Fuck That - And Dont Call Me Simple/Single Minded (Whichever You Implied)

You Know Why Warren Aint As Popular As In '94 For Exactly That, Promotion. Hes Been Fucked Over Time After Time And I Feel Sorry For Him, ROTR Was Sellin 15,000 A Week (After 1st Week) And To Be Fair For The Standard Of Album Thats Weak

I Cant Speak On US Promotion But In The UK :

When It Dropped In The US My Independent Store Had It Imported (£17.99) A Week Later A Few Other Places Got It Imported (HMV & MVC - MVC Being The Cheapest - £15)

I Have Just This Week Seen The 1st Poster In HMV For Warren And A 'Flat' In The Window For 'Lookin At You' - How Fuckin Late Is That?!

Warren COULD Still Push Major Units - Ive Played People ROTR In The Car And People Like It - The Problem Is They Are Chart Buying People - If He Was Promoted And Broke Onto A TV Station (I Am Talkin UK Here) And Have A Decently Selling Single - Like 'Lookin At You' Should Have Been - He WOULD Sell To Those People

Sales Have A Knock On Effect To More Sales

peace

KVB

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2002, 12:13:44 AM »

Fuck That - And Dont Call Me Simple/Single Minded (Whichever You Implied)

You Know Why Warren Aint As Popular As In '94 For Exactly That, Promotion. Hes Been Fucked Over Time After Time And I Feel Sorry For Him, ROTR Was Sellin 15,000 A Week (After 1st Week) And To Be Fair For The Standard Of Album Thats Weak

I Cant Speak On US Promotion But In The UK :

When It Dropped In The US My Independent Store Had It Imported (£17.99) A Week Later A Few Other Places Got It Imported (HMV & MVC - MVC Being The Cheapest - £15)

I Have Just This Week Seen The 1st Poster In HMV For Warren And A 'Flat' In The Window For 'Lookin At You' - How Fuckin Late Is That?!

Warren COULD Still Push Major Units - Ive Played People ROTR In The Car And People Like It - The Problem Is They Are Chart Buying People - If He Was Promoted And Broke Onto A TV Station (I Am Talkin UK Here) And Have A Decently Selling Single - Like 'Lookin At You' Should Have Been - He WOULD Sell To Those People

Sales Have A Knock On Effect To More Sales

peace

Actually US promotion is almost all that matters... so that makes your post pointless

Peace

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2002, 12:20:01 AM »
i just wish DRE signed Warren to "aftermath"...
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2002, 12:26:04 AM »

Actually US promotion is almost all that matters... so that makes your post pointless

Peace

Pointless? - Ahh Yea, Like 1700 Of Your Posts

I Could Have Gone On About US Promotion But Being In A Postition Not To Know How He Was Promoted Over There Wouldve Made It Speculation. So I Used The UK As An Example. Is That Easy To Understand For You?

Now - How Can You Say That The Promotion In The US Is All That Matters? - Thats Ignorance At Its Finest - But Ive Come To Expect Nothing More.

Overseas Sales Account For A Heft Amount Of Alot Of Rap CD's. Europe Has A Huge Market For People Buying Hip-Hop And Theres Money To Be Made - Even Japan Is Mad About Rap - Therefore Warren Gave Them The Bonus Track 'Getaway'

So Next Time Ya Wanna Label My Posts Pointless - Think Twice

peace

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2002, 12:30:24 AM »

I Could Have Gone On About US Promotion But Being In A Postition Not To Know How He Was Promoted Over There Wouldve Made It Speculation. So I Used The UK As An Example. Is That Easy To Understand For You?

Now - How Can You Say That The Promotion In The US Is All That Matters? - Thats Ignorance At Its Finest - But Ive Come To Expect Nothing More.

Overseas Sales Account For A Heft Amount Of Alot Of Rap CD's. Europe Has A Huge Market For People Buying Hip-Hop And Theres Money To Be Made - Even Japan Is Mad About Rap - Therefore Warren Gave Them The Bonus Track 'Getaway'

peace

*KVB STYLE* : word

KVB

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2002, 12:38:36 AM »

peace

Yeah Europe has a big market for rap... my point is, Warren G wouldn't have sold a lot more records if it would have been promoted better... face it... if you're a Warren G fan, you're gonna get the album regardless of how good it's promoted... you can't blame Universal... now... no need to insult me... I said that ONE of your posts was pointless, not all of them.. my posts is far from pointless.. an example is this one.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2002, 12:46:05 AM »

Yeah Europe has a big market for rap... my point is, Warren G wouldn't have sold a lot more records if it would have been promoted better... face it... if you're a Warren G fan, you're gonna get the album regardless of how good it's promoted... you can't blame Universal... now... no need to insult me... I said that ONE of your posts was pointless, not all of them.. my posts is far from pointless.. an example is this one.

I Didnt Insult You - I Made An Intelligent Swipe Because Twice In This Thread You Made Swipes At Me :)

So Now Your Not Dissmissing Overseas? - My Point Was And Is That Yes - True Warren Fans THAT KNOW ITS OUT Will Get The Album No Matter What.

Buuuuuut - Many People Had No Idea There Was An Album Coming Out! - How You Ask - Well Just Because We See Things All The Time On Here It Dosent Mean Other Fans (Who Dont Use The Board Or Net) Do. Thats The Sad Thing, Net Promotion Is Fine As Long As Fans Use The Net, But Hell Yes I Can Blame Universal For Not Promoting Him Properly On The Streets And Magazines And TV - Hence The Poor Sales

peace

KVB

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2002, 12:52:54 AM »

I Didnt Insult You - I Made An Intelligent Swipe Because Twice In This Thread You Made Swipes At Me :)

So Now Your Not Dissmissing Overseas? - My Point Was And Is That Yes - True Warren Fans THAT KNOW ITS OUT Will Get The Album No Matter What.

Buuuuuut - Many People Had No Idea There Was An Album Coming Out! - How You Ask - Well Just Because We See Things All The Time On Here It Dosent Mean Other Fans (Who Dont Use The Board Or Net) Do. Thats The Sad Thing, Net Promotion Is Fine As Long As Fans Use The Net, But Hell Yes I Can Blame Universal For Not Promoting Him Properly On The Streets And Magazines And TV - Hence The Poor Sales

peace

Yeah I get your point... the news of Warren G's new album would probably have reached out to more people if commercials had flooded TV and "Lookin' At You" had burned up the airwaves... yeah, that fact is undeniable... no more insults... peace

Fashizzle

• 'G'
  • I love chronic!
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2002, 01:26:25 AM »
Warren G can never make another Regulate, then he
might as well could make a movie with Tom Cruise
coz it's mission impossible, it ain't gonna happen! He was one of the founders of the g-funk era but in 2002 G-Dub aint
got that much to offer, his solocareer is finished... promoted or not...