Author Topic: Anyone buy the Xbox 360?  (Read 805 times)

Don Seer

Re: Anyone buy the Xbox 360?
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2005, 07:24:11 AM »
^ true..   i wouldnt have an xbox had i not been given one free.. even then i spent 500 on games then never played the damn thing.. was gonna bin it till i was shown how to hack it to stream movies  :D

yeah u need to factor in inflation man.. i remember paying a shit load from an Amiga CD32 when they first came out in about 1994. they were launched at £250 which was high back then

i think we agree on the possible effects trauma, but not the cause. from what you say you think MS are starving the market on purpose.. whereas i think they really just cant meet demand.. and the rumoured "influencer" tactic you mentioned could be a positive side-effect..

Trauma-san

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2005, 07:39:01 AM »
You don't think they could have had more ready for launch?  I'm not so sure about that.  We'll find out in the next month.  If, by Christmas, there are TONS of them in stores, then we'll know it was on purpose.  If they stay hard to get by Christmas, then we'll know nobody in their right mind would sabotage themselves like that.

I just found an interview with Microsoft's guy Peter Moore.

"Our goal is to replenish inventory in the channel every week," Moore said. "So lots of Xbox 360s are flowing in every single week. It's not like we're shipping in and then going dry for two or three weeks."

The company will have to crank out 360s at a good clip if it wants to meet Moore's predictions for the system's launch-window unit sales.

"In the first 90 days, I believe we'll be somewhere between two and a half and three million units worldwide. Perhaps equally importantly, by the end of the calendar year [2006], I think we'll be at 10 million units worldwide."

If they're able to maintain a constant supply, then in my opinion there's no excuses for the shortages they have now.  They could have started production a week earlier and had twice as many systems ready the way he's talking.  It does leave creedence to the rumour, you have to admit. 

Don Seer

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2005, 07:54:05 AM »
thing is.. the initial supply chain is being dried up quick.. once buying slows down the extra stuff in shipping channels will replenish stock quickly.. i.e. instead of shipping 100 units in one shot - which they cant manage.. they're shipping say 10 units every few days... when they cant manage it..

this also helps them meet demand i suppose.. because should be able to reinforce places requseting more consoles quickky..

i dont know if they could have had so many for launch.. they claim they've done the best they can for a worldwide pre-xmas release

MIC

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2005, 07:59:22 AM »
Don't forget what hardware you get for that $300. If you wanted to buy a comparable gaming PC, you'd have to spend a lot more. And after 2 years you'd have to invest even more. A console is supposed to last at least 5 years.

As far as shortages go. If you remember PS2 launch in Japan, they had some hardware problems, had to take off large amounts of memory cards from the shelves. M$ is taking a safer route with slowing the initial supplies down, it's easier to improve hardware (apparently there are some problems with overheating) before it's sent to retailers than to take it off the shelves later. I think in a few weeks consoles leaving the factories will have all the initial hardware problems eliminated.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 08:05:43 AM by MIC »

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2005, 03:33:24 PM »
Well, I was talking with some dude at Best Buy cuz i want an Xbox 360.

He said i'd have a hard time trying to find an Xbox 360 before christmas time comes.

Is it true that the prices will fall after christmas?
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Trauma-san

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2005, 04:06:20 PM »
No the prices won't fall, but there will likely be tons more of them available by christmas.  So it'll be much easier to get one, just by simple supply and demand theories

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2005, 04:12:19 PM »

.. but ps3 wont be outside japan for a year...

and it'll be more than xbox360 is now..

That's fine. I have lived without a video game system for about a year, I can do it for another. I'm looking at the specs and the graphics. Because I'm only getting one, I'm looking for the best quality, not the best price.

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2005, 02:34:58 AM »
i guess ima wait till the ps3 comes out before i make my choice then ill jack one form a muthafucka that walks out the store wit one

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2005, 01:26:41 PM »

everyone remember that whole dreamcast thing???... well im sure those people wished they would have waited til the PS2 came out....

What was wrong with the DC? I liked it better than I like PS2.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2005, 11:17:34 AM »
Alright, i got the 360 on tuesday and have been playin it quite a bit in the last few days lol anwayz here are my impressions,i wont get to deep ill keep it brief:

The system menu is really different, but in a good way,theres lots of features that u can play around with and shit u can even change ur background picture, right now i got the Illmatic cd cover as my background.
i got 3 games so far :perfect dark zero, Quake 4 and NHL 2k6
Perfect dark looks and plays beauitifully,the graphics are amazing and the gameplay is tight too
Quake 4 is pretty good too,just about the same as the PC version, it also comes with the full Quake 2 with upgraded next gen graphics so u basically get 2 games for the price of 1.
NHL 2k6 probably has probably the weakest graphics of any launch title but makes up for it in the gameplay department,great multiplayer game and a fun game overall

my fav game so far is Perfect dark zero, also the fact that all games support custom soundtracks is tight,nothin like blastin fools while bumpin hit em up at the same time  8)

any questions about the 360 i can prolly answer ,but so far so good

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2005, 11:20:42 AM »
anyone remmeber the neo-geo and 3DO? they were higly expensive on launch,i remember back in the day (1993) the 3DO was 800$ canadian lol

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2005, 12:54:19 PM »
Don't buy xbox on the first day..or at least for the 1st shipment.  Many of the xbox are already defected.  It really sucks.  ALso, there were kids at best buy in my area that got jumped for it.  Someone actually hit this kid with a bat and took the xbox instead his wallet.
Go figure.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2005, 07:50:24 AM »
So is there anyone who got a 360 in his living room?

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2005, 09:38:38 AM »

everyone remember that whole dreamcast thing???... well im sure those people wished they would have waited til the PS2 came out....

What was wrong with the DC? I liked it better than I like PS2.
nothing wrong with it... it was an awsome system just lost support really quick thats all... so it had a very short life span which was from when it came out til the ps2 dropped..... but the system was awsome

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2005, 03:59:50 PM »
Alright, i got the 360 on tuesday and have been playin it quite a bit in the last few days lol anwayz here are my impressions,i wont get to deep ill keep it brief:

The system menu is really different, but in a good way,theres lots of features that u can play around with and shit u can even change ur background picture, right now i got the Illmatic cd cover as my background.
i got 3 games so far :perfect dark zero, Quake 4 and NHL 2k6
Perfect dark looks and plays beauitifully,the graphics are amazing and the gameplay is tight too
Quake 4 is pretty good too,just about the same as the PC version, it also comes with the full Quake 2 with upgraded next gen graphics so u basically get 2 games for the price of 1.
NHL 2k6 probably has probably the weakest graphics of any launch title but makes up for it in the gameplay department,great multiplayer game and a fun game overall

my fav game so far is Perfect dark zero, also the fact that all games support custom soundtracks is tight,nothin like blastin fools while bumpin hit em up at the same time  8)

any questions about the 360 i can prolly answer ,but so far so good

So is there anyone who got a 360 in his living room?

lol read my post man

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24