Author Topic: For Everyone that hates on Kanye West  (Read 691 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: For Everyone that hates on Kanye West
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2006, 08:01:12 PM »
John Legend - Get Lifted, Common - Be, Jay-Z - Blueprint, College Dropout and Late Registration all got either XXLs, 5 Mics or any other perfect score, plus all the awards, the critics love him, the haters hate him, and the public his shit and he sells out areas across the county. I really think Kanye can live with you hating his music.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2006, 08:32:16 PM »
I really think Kanye can live with you hating his music.

So can Lil Bow Wow, but he gets trashed on here all the time. I never said Kanye can't make it or will go broke, although I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up like Hammer, I also wouldn't surprised if he saves his money well. Either way I see him being as influential as Q Tip is now 5 years from now.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2006, 08:39:47 PM »
Q Tip has people begging for a Tribe Called Quest reunion 10 years after their last hit, and as part of Tribe has two 5 mic albums, and is considered a legend to most backpack rappers. I think Kanye can handle that. He claims to be the modern Pete Rock, who is not mentioned now. But then again many artist were huge at there time, released classics and no one remembers them now. Ask Big Daddy Kane, a top 10 in anyone's list, Nas, a top 3 in my personal list and with producing it's worst, as does anyone remember Eric B., or anyone not named Dr. Dre really. Kanye has great music, and does not get trashed like Lil' Bow Wow. The difference, Kanye ghost-produced your favorite songs, then produced your favorite songs, and now is producing everyone elses favorite song, well Bow Wow has his ghost writers.

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2006, 09:04:57 PM »
I really think Kanye can live with you hating his music.

So can Lil Bow Wow, but he gets trashed on here all the time. I never said Kanye can't make it or will go broke, although I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up like Hammer, I also wouldn't surprised if he saves his money well. Either way I see him being as influential as Q Tip is now 5 years from now.

lol who brings up bow wow in comparison to kanye west.  bow wow is a little bitch, anyone on this board could prob take him.  and he has NO talent.  none.  and you cant believe his rhymes.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2006, 09:07:38 PM »
I just like the music  :( i really dont give a fuck about any artist's personal life, sales, etc.  Its just music. 

teecee

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2006, 09:19:57 PM »
Shallow:  Kanye himself said he'd ahve to make 2.6 million to break even on the album..........i read it on MTV a while back....

ANyway, i think the fact that Kanye has fans ranging from "stupid teenage white girls" like SHallow said, to so-called "backpackers" to people who have never before listened to hiphop due to the prevalence of violence in anything commercially successful, and that should be enough to silence the haters.   

The Grammy nominations, 5 mic/xxl/5 star ratings, all the while breaking the trend of the gangster/pimp rapper, should be  enough for most people to at least accept the guy has talent and has had a huge impact on the game.   Shallow:  when you found out Dre did absolutely NOTHING to change the beat for Nuthin but a G Thang, did you start hating on Dre?  You realize hiphop has always been built on samples, right? Some are blatant ripoffs, others original takes on old songs.  Either way, most, if not all, successful producers in hiphop and R&B unfortunately sample profusely.............

and Q-tip still gets mad respect from peeps in the game, but like most older-school mc's seems to be forgotten by the newer generation.  ANd Kanye will still be here 5 years from now, i think having two albums in a row nominated for ALBUM OF THE YEAR(not rap album) should tell you that..........

rik

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2006, 09:25:25 PM »
Fuck that faggot.

Sikotic™

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2006, 11:45:04 PM »
Shallow:  Kanye himself said he'd ahve to make 2.6 million to break even on the album..........i read it on MTV a while back....

ANyway, i think the fact that Kanye has fans ranging from "stupid teenage white girls" like SHallow said, to so-called "backpackers" to people who have never before listened to hiphop due to the prevalence of violence in anything commercially successful, and that should be enough to silence the haters.   

The Grammy nominations, 5 mic/xxl/5 star ratings, all the while breaking the trend of the gangster/pimp rapper, should be  enough for most people to at least accept the guy has talent and has had a huge impact on the game.   Shallow:  when you found out Dre did absolutely NOTHING to change the beat for Nuthin but a G Thang, did you start hating on Dre?  You realize hiphop has always been built on samples, right? Some are blatant ripoffs, others original takes on old songs.  Either way, most, if not all, successful producers in hiphop and R&B unfortunately sample profusely.............

and Q-tip still gets mad respect from peeps in the game, but like most older-school mc's seems to be forgotten by the newer generation.  ANd Kanye will still be here 5 years from now, i think having two albums in a row nominated for ALBUM OF THE YEAR(not rap album) should tell you that..........

Real shit right there.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2006, 08:15:27 AM »
I'll respond to everything aimed in my direction.

I never said anything against Q Tip's talent and contribution, I was only looking at his current impact, and I wasn't saying Kanye is as worse as Bow Wow, I was using Bow Wow as an example of a guy universally seen as a no talent on this board and he is living just fine despite the fact he sucks. This was in response to someone saying Kanye is still striving no matter if I criticize him or not.

As for the samples. I realize there have always been samples in hip hop and I don't have a problem with it when the hook of the song, the talent, lies in the lyrics, the flow, the word play, the delivery, the rhyme patterns, or even the DJ work. Primo sampled a lot of blatant rip offs, but Primo could excel greatly with the turntable and listening to him at the end of a song or in the middle, is like listening to a great guitar solo. I lost a lot of respect for Dre's abilities when I realized he was no better than Puffy when it came to ripping off old songs. Puffy got more slack because he sampled known hits that everyone knew weren't his while Dre and Kanye take a lot of obscure songs that some people belive were composed by them.

I fail to see the genius in Kanye as people seem to claim (mostly him). They talk  about him like he sists in his room with a piano and composes the instrumentals on his album. He just takes an old song, loops the best part, performs mediocre raps sometimes not even written by him and he gets called a genius? The only difference between his skills and Puffy's is that his get some street respect. So what if he some lyrics. The lyrics are shit, and the messages he comes out with only pretend to be different than the rest of the game. Work Out Plan still pushed the hip hop misogyny on the public with it's video. Jesus Walks only pretended to be spiritual. Gold Digger is just another "the bitch is doing me in" type of song. Content aside, I think the lyrics suck. When I read them, no matter if it's Gold Digger or Roses, they sound like nursery rhymes written by a teenager. I don't take them serious, I don't take his delivery serious, and I don't take him serious. He's mediocre, and when mediocre artists get popular they often get confused for amazing because they're popular. Sometimes they last and sometimes they don't. Either way I don't like the guy's music. If you guys want to like his music that's fine, I'm not telling you not to. I'm just telling you I don't like it, and I'm telling you why.

Macaframa

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2006, 07:33:30 PM »
thats the gayest thing uve ever said :-\

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2006, 07:49:11 PM »
Fuck That, Kanye's Dope. College Dropout, Is One Of My Favorite Albums.
My Future Wife:

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2006, 09:57:21 PM »
thats the gayest thing uve ever said :-\

Thanks for explaining why you disagree.

macknlatin36

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2006, 10:14:46 PM »
Dont car what people say that song is great and i was feeling it

To me classic track that relates to a majority of college and high school students that try to just make their parents proud in making of themselves

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2006, 10:25:57 PM »

To me classic track that relates to a majority of college and high school students that try to just make their parents proud in making of themselves

Which song?

macknlatin36

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2006, 10:38:04 PM »

Which song?

Hey mama track