Author Topic: AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO AIN'T FEELING BISHOP LAMONT  (Read 5863 times)

Al Bundy

Re: AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO AIN'T FEELING BISHOP LAMONT
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2007, 02:52:46 PM »
i thought caltroit was hot shit. i need to peep nigger noize when it drops in cdq and no dj.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2007, 02:53:10 PM »
Bishop makes me laugh the most (and that's a good thing)... there's a lot of subtle wit that flies over the heads of a lot of people....  
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2007, 03:13:17 PM »
One things for sure; Bishop is not your typical westcoast rapper. He's not a gang member or claims to be gangsta, so he falls more into the Ras Kass, Dilated People, Planet Asia, Xzibit category and therefore not your typical westcoast fans favourties like Wc, DPG, Snoop, Game.... He's basically an MC and not some thug rapper. Thats why I think his style probably appeals more to the Eastcoast than Westcoast. Don't get me wrong I love that gangsta rap music but lately I think it has oversaturated the Westcoast market and Bishop is like a breath of fresh air. Plus he's backed by Dre which is always a big plus.

BLaZaY

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2007, 03:14:24 PM »
I'm with you Styles, for the longest time when all these new rappers started poppin up Bishop was not at the top of my list.  But I give him alotta props for droppin some pretty dope mixtapes this year.  I think that the Pope Mobile is a dope holiday time album, and since that new untagged Caltroit dropped I haven't stopped bumpin it, I'm really lookin forward to the Metropolis.  Bishop Lamont is a different type of rapper and he's got variety with the type of flows he brings.  I don't think he rides the beat as well as some of the other new west talent, but what I like about bishop is his thoughtfulness when throwing a song or album together, he's very concept oriented.  Just like Styles said, what stands out about his style is the complex punch lines that you might not even get unless you really listen to what he's got to say.  I'm new on this forum so I dunno how much love Game gets here, but compare Game's old shit from before his album dropped to Bishop's mixtapes from this year. Then think about how far he's progressed.  Then think about your top 5 new west acts and how much material they have actually released.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 03:35:42 PM by BLaZaY »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2007, 03:30:25 PM »
man ive been saying the same thing till like a week ago.

I listened to his pope mobile mixtape and a couple songs off of it made me realize that he gots the potential to be dope.  Especially having an album produced Dr. Dre.

But i agree he gots a lot of wack songs that i dont feel, but then he gots some dope ass tracks like "i always knew" from the pope mobile mixtape.

Hopefully his album is filled wit sick ass songs produced by dre.

thats nearly 100000000% as to how i pretty much felt....

oh and detox is comin....don't worry i still gonna check the version of caltriot u passed me, i just gotta get round some music and then imma get to it and let u know.....

pz

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2007, 03:32:46 PM »
One things for sure; Bishop is not your typical westcoast rapper. He's not a gang member or claims to be gangsta, so he falls more into the Ras Kass, Dilated People, Planet Asia, Xzibit category and therefore not your typical westcoast fans favourties like Wc, DPG, Snoop, Game.... He's basically an MC and not some thug rapper. Thats why I think his style probably appeals more to the Eastcoast than Westcoast. Don't get me wrong I love that gangsta rap music but lately I think it has oversaturated the Westcoast market and Bishop is like a breath of fresh air. Plus he's backed by Dre which is always a big plus.
AMEN,to you and styles on this,FACE IT EQUALS OUT HERE,WELL BASICALLY ON THIS SITE ARE SO CAUGHT UP IN THAT GANGSTA SHIT,THAT ANYTHING ELSE TO THEM SEEMS LESS IMPRESSIVE,THEY WANT TO HEAR THE S AME BEATS AND SAME FLOWS AND ALL THAT,GET THE CRYING WHEN THE REST OF THE WORLD DON'T BUY OUR SHIT,IT'S nothing wrong with liking what you like,but it seems to me,the only way alot of west coast fans get into other types of "rap or hip hop" from out here is when a big time name or when some other muthafuccas start saying it's the  shit, it's like muthafuccas can't make up they minds, bishop can spit,i ain't gonna say that pope mobile is my favorite but that  song  i always knew is one of the years best, but on some networth shit,the only way cats out here is gonna make way is to open up to more then just the typical shit, <-------probably a lost cause tho :-\ yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Lindon

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2007, 03:33:47 PM »
bishop has some interesting things to say and (like some other new west cats) he is very articulate in interviews etc and has a fair amount of charisma and intelligence but to me musically he just isn't very interesting. Him and G Malone are more interesting in an interview than i have ever heard them be on the mic.

i understand what dudes are saying about bishop's attempts at concept mixtapes but i have to say none of them have come off for me. N*gger noise did not really address (except for a couple of tracks) a very difficult and complex issue and pope mobile does not really tackle religion.

in relation to him not being a thug rapper i kind of feel that instead of gangsterism along with some well thought out tracks we get lots (and lots and lots and lots of wack) sex songs. to misquote him on in imo his finest track "unless its sex it wont sell, step your game up ho".

having said that i am looking forward to hearing an album from him with his better material and some dope production.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2007, 03:37:01 PM »
I thought Pope Mobile was great at addressing religion... it's from Bishop's point of view. That song about Jesus dodging the police and hanging with thugs is some real shit, because it's the truth, according to the gospels at least.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2007, 03:45:06 PM »

i understand what dudes are saying about bishop's attempts at concept mixtapes but i have to say none of them have come off for me. N*gger noise did not really address (except for a couple of tracks) a very difficult and complex issue and pope mobile does not really tackle religion.

Thats true but we must not forget that this is only a mixtape, which means that he probably just throws some leftovers together so that they fit a certain concept. Because if he went 100% on the N*gger Noize and these other free mixtapes and put all his heart into it and really concentrate on the concept, the question would be "what the hell is he gonna talk about on his albums?"
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 03:46:50 PM by Dr_Dre-Detox-2008-SAW »

Lindon

• 'G'
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2007, 03:49:16 PM »
I thought Pope Mobile was great at addressing religion... it's from Bishop's point of view. That song about Jesus dodging the police and hanging with thugs is some real shit, because it's the truth, according to the gospels at least.

ok fair enough but to me its some real surface level (and sanctimonious) sh*t and nothing that aint been dones a million times before by a rapper. bishop has said in interviews that dre told him that he made him feel "uncomfortable". i have not heard anything edgy or new from bishop lamont just the same recycled rhetoric and politics that sound thought provoking on a first spin but when you scratch under the surface there is no real substance. just my opinion but i thnk he is actually a very intelligent dude who should be aiming to do a lot better. less volume more quality. i hope we hear that on an album from him.    

Lindon

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2007, 03:50:12 PM »

Thats true but we must not forget that this is only a mixtape, which means that he probably just throws some leftovers together so that they fit a certain concept. Because if he went 100% on the N*gger Noize and these other free mixtapes and put all his heart into it and really concentrate on the concept, the question would be "what the hell is he gonna talk about on his albums?"

fair point homie.

Iliveinthefuture

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2007, 03:51:33 PM »
lmfao west coast rap fans are so fucking wack it ain't even funny  8)

Cios

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2007, 03:52:03 PM »
There is indeed much hype around bishop, but if i look back some years ago.. that's exactly what i was expecting.

He's fresh, dope and keeps growing.

Like said before, these are "just" mixtapes tho with a great concept and like Styles said bishop is making alot of fun, enjoying while making dope music.

btw, in the thread "whats so good about ngger noise" u can find some tracks which i did upload.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2007, 05:59:21 PM »

ok fair enough but to me its some real surface level (and sanctimonious) sh*t and nothing that aint been dones a million times before by a rapper. bishop has said in interviews that dre told him that he made him feel "uncomfortable". i have not heard anything edgy or new from bishop lamont just the same recycled rhetoric and politics that sound thought provoking on a first spin but when you scratch under the surface there is no real substance. just my opinion but i thnk he is actually a very intelligent dude who should be aiming to do a lot better. less volume more quality. i hope we hear that on an album from him.    

there is no out-right theological song, but if he did that, then listeners would complain about it's preachiness, no? but the guy is a thinker and I know that he's got his opinions... maybe we will get the deep song that you are looking for. I can definitely ask him that soon. 

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2007, 06:31:33 PM »

LMAo!!
What Jesus is This??
The Bible Christ or the Jesus created by rappers for Hip Hop???
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone