Author Topic: Benzino speaks about the Eminem beef  (Read 467 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Benzino speaks about the Eminem beef
« on: December 05, 2002, 04:04:28 PM »
Whether or not hip-hop needs saving, Ray Benzino has taken it upon himself to thwart those he feels are jeopardizing the culture. Namely, he's bothered by what he calls "the machine," and has been taking swipes lately at what he feels is the machine's biggest cog — platinum poster child Eminem.

"I wanna be careful with the word 'beef,' because people could definitely take that and run with it with their own version of it," he said Tuesday about the war of words with rap's top record-seller (see "Benzino Ignites Beef By Calling Eminem '2003 Vanilla Ice' "). "I just call it a debate with my opinion on issues. Hip-hop came from the streets. It's gone mainstream, it's corporate, but it is part of culture. It breathes life into a lot of people. I just felt that on my first record where I went at Eminem, it wasn't so much about Em, it was about the machine. The way media outlets are taking what Eminem is doing and using it as a double standard for what other artists are doing.

"Eminem gets to do songs that we would never get to do," he added. "Eminem gets to talk about his issues and his pain ... killing his mother, beating his girl, drugs. We have to rock the party in order to get spins and burn on the radio. We have to entertain more than expose our true issues. When black and Latino people try to give our pain on there we couldn't get burn. The machine doesn't want our pain to be out there."

After Benzino threw barbs at Em and members of the Shady Records camp via a mixtape freestyle and a song called "Pull Your Skirt Up," Em and Obie Trice responded with their own street freestyles and songs such as "Nail in the Coffin" on a Shady Records mixtape titled Invasion.

Now Benzino has come back with a track called "Die Another Day," where, among other things, he calls D12 and Obie "house n---as," chastises other rappers who battle each other ("The so-called kings steady going at each other/ Doing songs with the devil while they fighting with their brother"), compares Em to racist figures ("You're the rap David Duke, you're the rap Hitler ... I'm the rap Malcolm [X], the rap Martin [Luther King]") and even has a few words for Em's daughter, warning that she may share the fate of Jon Benet Ramsey.

"Wordplay, it's all wordplay," Benzino, who is also the co-owner of The Source magazine, said about whether he really wants to get physically violent with Eminem. "I'm from the machine, I don't want to bring any harm to Marshall Mathers. At the same time, my message got across. I feel Eminem came at me personally. I think he feels that nobody should go at him.

"To me, he was just the hood ornament for the vehicle," Benzino continued. "By me going at the hood ornament, maybe I could put a small dent in the vehicle. I just wanted to raise consciousness. It's not like I'm hating on Eminem, its just a situation that had to be brought up."

Benzino even says he talked to Em's manager Paul Rosenberg about keeping the war of words verbal. A taped phone conversation between Benzino and a man he claims to be Rosenberg precedes Benzino's rhymes in "Die Another Day."

"We had a conversation about keeping it on record," Benzino said. "I gave him my views about why I did what I did. In my opinion he understood what I was saying. But like any manager, you're always trying to soften the blow. He was trying to be a buffer between me and Em."

Eminem and the Shady Records camp have refused to comment on the matter.

Meanwhile, Benzino has plenty more to say. He plans to release a mixtape filled with more disses and has recorded an official album called Redemption, which will drop in January.

Link to source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1459003/20021205/eminem.jhtml?headlines=true

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Benzino speaks about the Eminem beef
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2002, 04:07:34 PM »
What a fag.  He'll keep this going as long as he can, so people can keep bringing up his name.  This is probably the first time MTV.com put news about him on.  Em should just keep quiet now and stop promoting him.  He already won.

Murrow

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2002, 04:10:07 PM »
What a fag.  He'll keep this going as long as he can, so people can keep bringing up his name.  This is probably the first time MTV.com put news about him on.  Em should just keep quiet now and stop promoting him.  He already won.

True

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2002, 06:17:06 PM »
Indeed.

Jome

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2002, 06:30:08 PM »

True.
At least he's doing a good job promoting his own album, as if 4-page ads in each The Source wasn't enough..

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2002, 08:50:29 PM »
Albums coming soon..

---

January      

Benzino "Redemption" (f/ Juvenile, Foxy Brown, Prodigy, Mario Winans, & single "Rock The Party")
Crooked I "Say Hi to the Bad Guy"
DJ Kizzy Rock "The Realist"
Fabolous "Street Dreams" (f/ 50 Cent, Jadakiss, Ashanti, Mary j. Blige, & single "This Is My Party")
Killer Mike "Monster"
West Coast Ballin "Vol. 1"
----
Source:

http://www.rapindustry.com/Rap_Industry_new_releases.htm

LLOOL... if his beef with Eminem aint promotion... I dunno wut its called... at least hes mature enuff to keep it on wax

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2002, 09:24:20 PM »
at least hes mature enuff to keep it on wax

No, He's a pussy 4 that.....lol @ matuare......He's suppose 2 be an ex drug dealer from tha mean streets of boston, puhahaha, This waz a strate Publicity Stunt and he pulled it off, but now hes hated on more than before......

but he still wins......cuz in this game, its better 2 be hated on than 2 go Unnoticed......Real Talk.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2002, 09:50:46 PM »
Fabolous "Street Dreams" (f/ 50 Cent, Jadakiss, Ashanti,
Shady artist and Murder inc artist? same album?....lol

FILA::AUS

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Gold Coast, Australia
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2002, 12:56:51 AM »
why dont ya'll like Benzino??? Man i loved Made Mens classic limited edition.

???

CITY I RIDE FOR...

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2002, 01:16:48 AM »
Benzino is fucking irritating. I seen him on Rap City yesterday and this clown is wacker than wack. He should just quit rapping. Isn't he happy making money off other things?

On a sidenote Big Tigger is the biggest faggot ever. I fuckin' hate that idiot.

The Watcher

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2002, 02:39:37 AM »
"let it go dog, it's over"
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2002, 03:10:07 AM »
What he said about blacks and latino's not being able to express their pain is complete BOOTY. Look at 2Pac, look at Ja Rule (every song he's whining about how 'pain is love'), and those two are some of the biggest selling artists in hip-hop today. And Em gets mocked and protested against for expressing his feelings so I don't know what Benzino is talking about. He's just trying to twist this so he can benefit from Em's fame, thats not respecting hip-hop, thats jeopordising it if anything.  

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2002, 07:01:07 AM »
This nigga is a prime example of a nigga bein "in the rap game only for the money & the fame". Promoting himself by dissing Eminem seems to be a good way of promotion. Hopefully cats realize that no matter what he says he's still wack and won't buy his album.

Braindead

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2002, 07:14:44 AM »
Benzino's wack no matter how many times I say his name you'll never blow

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2002, 08:19:55 AM »
"You're the rap David Duke, you're the rap Hitler ... I'm the rap Malcolm [X], the rap Martin [Luther King]"
This is so fuckin hilarious, it's a fuckin shame, how can he make such a fool of himslef..?

Eminem and the Shady Records camp have refused to comment on the matter.

might this mean they won't keep it on wax?