Author Topic: Tons More Nintendo DS Info and Screenshots released today  (Read 634 times)

Trauma-san

Tons More Nintendo DS Info and Screenshots released today
« on: October 07, 2004, 09:29:26 PM »
This shit is INNOVATIVE. PSP has been ~FUCKED~

So, Nintendo had some big huge Gaming Summit in the land of the rising sun today, and were showing off their DS in a major way, letting people play it, and showing all the games that were going to be available at launch, and what's in the works. 

The first and biggest is "Mario 64 DS" which is a re-work of the Mario 64 Game that was out on the Nintendo 64.  You start the game as Yoshi, and eventually 'unlock' Mario, Wario, and Luigi who all have special moves and etcetera etcetera.  There's also a 4 player 'battle' mode, and 36 mini-games a-la "mario party' which are specific for each character.

The most interesting news to me is, the Nintendo DS ships with a little thimble attached to the carrying strap; if you put the thimble around your thumb, you can choose to use the DS's touchscreen as an analog controller, controlling the direction in the game with the thimble like you would a normal analog stick (which Nintendo pioneered, ironically, on "mario 64").

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also announced are strange games like "Sprung", a dating game where you get to meet and fuc... well, I don't know about the details but it's some kind of nerd-boy fantasy game where you meet and date hot chicks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

INCREDIBLY, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata announced today that the DS's wireless capabilities will be used to download and execute programs wirelessly... so for example, if you have a copy of "Mario 64 DS", 3 other people with DS's, but no cartridge, can play a 4 player game with you.  Their DS's will download the game program wirelessly from your DS, and then all 4 DS systems will have the program and be able to play together.

Iwata also said that in the future, Nintendo would like to make time-enabled game demos available at stores; so you could go to Wal-Mart, download demos of games onto your DS, then take them home and play them!  That's fucking intelligent.

Also, Iwata claims that Nintendo wants to get into the Animated film business.  He hinted that during the next pokemon' movie, they may try setting up special 'transmitters' or whatever @ movie theatres; and that if you brought your DS to the theatre, with your Pokemon' GBA carts, while the movie was playing, Nintendo would download Pokemon captured on the screen during the movie, to your DS at that scene.  LOL Come on man, you know that's cool as shit.

If Nintendo somehow manages to let people download free game samples @ retail outlets, it is OVER.  One of the major problems with 'new' games that aren't sequels or something is that people don't know what the fuck they are, and they're reluctant to spend money on them... if you could download a 1 level playable version of "Viewtiful Joe" to your DS, and take it home and play it whenever, it's such an awesome game (but unknown) that you'd be back at the store the next day to buy a full copy.  Brilliant idea.

-------------------------------------------

Another new game previewed was "Yoshi's Touch And Go", it's a strange game that mimicks Yoshi's Island, where you have baby mario at the beginning of the demo shown of the game, falling through the sky with a parachute.  You have to create clouds on the bottom screen with the stylus to safely guide Mario past the bad guys onto Yoshi's back, at which point Yoshi starts running, and you have to use the stylus (the game uses nothing but the stylus) to make Yoshi Jump, float, spit, eat, whatever to safely get Mario to the end of the level.  Gamespot says this game was their favorite shown.

------------------------------------------------

All DS systems come with a free demo of Metroid Prime Hunters (since Nintendo lowered the price of the media, it's easier to give away free demos, free games, etc.)

---------------------------------------------------

Spider Man 2: Notice how in one screen, you can use the bottom screen to define which attack you want to use. 

----------------------------------------------------

Nintendo is also working on an adventure game simply titled "another" (it's a codename, it maybe a sequel to one of their popular franchises)... the game features voice activated game play; Yes, the DS has a built in microphone... so you might just say "Left" and the character turns left, or "open the door" and the character walks over and opens the door.  All speculation is that it will be an adventure/puzzle solving game in the style of "Myst" or "Alone in the Dark" etc.  but with voice controls. 

-------------------------------------------------------

A different new game, called "Jam With the Band" will feature up to 8 players playing with a single gamecart, or an UNLIMITED amount of players playing if they have seperate game carts... it's a game where your DS picks an instrument that it wishes to be (say, a drum, or a guitar, saxaphone, etc.) and then you just make music with it.  You can either hum into the microphone to create your own melodies, or tap it out on the touchscreen with the stylus. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other games shown or announced @ the summit....

Advance Wars DS (DS)
Animal Crossing DS (DS)
Asphalt Urban GT (DS)
Bomberman (DS)
Cool 104 Joker & Setline (DS)
Egg Monster Hero (DS)
Feel the Magic: XY/XX (DS)
Final Fantasy III (DS)
Frogger 2005 (DS)
Hokuto no Ken (DS)
Kenshuui Tendo Dokuta (DS)
Madden NFL 2005 (DS)
Mahjong Taikai (DS)
Mahjongg Tournament (DS)
Mario Kart DS (DS)
Meteos (DS)
Mr. Driller Drill Spirits (DS)
Mystical Ninja (DS)
One-Line Puzzle (working title) (DS)
Pac-Pix (DS)
PictoChat (DS)
Ping Pals (DS)
Pokemon Dash (DS)
Puppy Times (working title) (DS)
Puyo Pop Fever (DS)
Rayman DS (DS)
Ridge Racer DS (DS)
Super Mario Bros. DS (working title) (DS)
Tennis no Ouji-sama 2005: Crystal Drive (DS)
The Urbz: Sims in the City (DS)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 (DS)
Viewtiful Joe (DS)
WarioWare, Inc. DS (DS)
Zoo Keeper (DS)

And that's not counting the 49 titles they announced for Japan today. 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 09:40:34 PM by SMiLE »

Sikotic™

Re: Tons More Nintendo DS Info and Screenshots released today
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 09:30:43 PM »
Damn, very impressive. All they need is a good variation of games and it looks like they do.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 06:02:26 AM »
dope !!!! The design on DS looks smooth as fuck

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 06:59:57 AM »
that sounds cool, all they need is a game like halo and everything they promise and that shit for mp would be great
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 07:18:39 AM »
i would get it just for that "sprung game"  :D

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2004, 08:53:05 AM »
The Japanese been playing Bishoujo games (dating games) for a hella long time, with hella explicit content in them as well. We'll see how that game will do, but I have my doubts, since the Bishoujo genre hasn't landed itself outside Japan in all these years.

The machine itself looks good though. Dunno about them two screens, might end up being a gimmick properly utilized only by a few games, but we'll see.

I ain't spending money on that shit though, my PC is enough for me.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2004, 09:15:52 AM »
Hey Trauma, you never answered my request on the bet. I'll take it. There is no way Sony is going to lose out to this. You just let me know the wager.

Most of these games are basic gameboy games, and I don't think people will care when they just bought so many of the last Gameboys. The 64 quality games don't mean shit to me. Look how cheap the game cobe is and noboidy wants that. I'll take your bet.

I hate Sony, but Nintendo is finished, and pretty soon they'll pull a Sega and jump out of the hardware war.

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2004, 09:29:52 AM »
They won't be losing the handheld market, they got that shit on lock   :o
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2004, 10:13:59 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

With the PSP coming, and the supposive X Boy on the way, Nintendo will be finished there too. You just can't compete with all the Sony and Microsoft money.

Have you seen the PSP? The games look as good as PS2 games (with a big enough screen to pull it of), and the discs they use can hold 1.8 gigs of audio (mp3) and  digital video. I haven't bought a video game system since the Dreamcast, but I'm thinking about buying this.

Trauma is just dreaming because he's a big Nintendo fan. In my eyes the DS beating out the PSP in sales would be like Brian Wilson's new album beating out Eminem's.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2004, 10:17:47 AM by Shallow »

Thirteen

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2004, 12:31:02 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

With the PSP coming, and the supposive X Boy on the way, Nintendo will be finished there too. You just can't compete with all the Sony and Microsoft money.

Have you seen the PSP? The games look as good as PS2 games (with a big enough screen to pull it of), and the discs they use can hold 1.8 gigs of audio (mp3) and  digital video. I haven't bought a video game system since the Dreamcast, but I'm thinking about buying this.

Trauma is just dreaming because he's a big Nintendo fan. In my eyes the DS beating out the PSP in sales would be like Brian Wilson's new album beating out Eminem's.

too bad Sony had to go back to the drawing board with the PSP...sure nice graphics and a large screen are good, but when you can only play for 4 hours before it eats through a battery...that's just garbage

along with nintendo being cheaper, coming out sooner and launching with about 600 games availible....

sony has alot of catching up to do

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2004, 01:29:23 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We'll see. I can't imagine Sony releasing it with battery problems. It supposivley comes with a rechargeable battery. (4 hours is good compared to the Game Gear. That was done is 20 minutes.)

As for the Gameboy games. Yeah, it has all the old ones, but are the new ones going to be good enough to get people to forget about the Gameboy that was just released. Systems coming out too soon is never a good thing. Nintendo just finished pushing the last Gameboy, and now they're releasing this one. You'd figure they'd learn from Sega's mistakes.

They'd stand a better chance just not releasing anything and having the SP go against the PSP, because if they place their focus on "next generation" games, they will lose.

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2004, 03:45:11 PM »
You truly are a dumbass.  You've got to be the most aptly named pupil on the board.  Nothing you say even has any factual info behind it.  "The New Gameboy" which one are you talking about?  The SP, which is just a redesigned version of the Advance that came out in what, 2000? 2001?  It's time to move on.  They're also continuing to make games for the Advance, but you wouldn't know that because you're too busy with Sony's year-late dick in your mouth. 

I didn't bet you Sony would flop.  I said the DS would not 'bomb' as you so ignorantly put it.  Watch; this thing will go over BIG.  Every major game company is behind it.  Nintendo themselves are spending more money than on any other system to promote this thing; they've lowered the cost of third party cartridges to ensure companies can make money on the games, Nintendo is developing as we speak, 30 fucking first-party titles.  30!  Besides Nintendo, there are over 100 other companies developing games for the system. 

If you can't see that it's going to be a huge success, take the dick out of your mouth and read over the reactions people have posted on this thread. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2004, 03:48:59 PM »
They'd stand a better chance just not releasing anything and having the SP go against the PSP, because if they place their focus on "next generation" games, they will lose.

That's why you don't have a job working for Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft.  You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.  Maybe Bruce Springsteen has an opening for groupi.. er, roadies.

Are you so ignorant that you can't see the obvious differences between the SP, and the DS? Do you not see the obvious differences between the DS, and the PSP? Do you not see that this is a partial realization of Nintendo's "better quality over better graphics" philosophy that they've touted for years, but have never been able to successfully implement? 

The system is DIFFERENT.  The PSP is a Playstation.  A Pretty Playstation, but a Playstation. 

The DS is far from a gameboy, it has totally unique, innovative components that will totally change the way games are played... for the first time on a major level, in about 15 years.  For 15 years, we've been going from Nintendo, to Super Nintendo, to Playstation, to X-Box, etc.  This is a company finally getting the balls to release a system that takes the gaming industry in a new direction. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2004, 03:50:37 PM »
I hate Sony, but Nintendo is finished, and pretty soon they'll pull a Sega and jump out of the hardware war.

You have got to be fucking kidding me.  The Gameboy SP was the best selling system of all last year, but yet the company that manufactures it is going out of business.  Gotcha.  Remind me not to take stock quotes from you.

Nintendo's president has said, over, and over, and over, for years

"The Day We Pull Out Of The Hardware War is the Day We Go Out Of Business"

eS El Duque

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2004, 03:59:09 PM »
ADVANCE WARS...I LOVED THAT SHIT!