Author Topic: Tons More Nintendo DS Info and Screenshots released today  (Read 642 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Tons More Nintendo DS Info and Screenshots released today
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2004, 04:54:32 PM »
They'd stand a better chance just not releasing anything and having the SP go against the PSP, because if they place their focus on "next generation" games, they will lose.

Maybe Bruce Springsteen has an opening for groupi.. er, roadies.

I wish!!!!!!!!!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2004, 04:55:34 PM »

The DS is far from a gameboy, it has totally unique, innovative components that will totally change the way games are played... for the first time on a major level, in about 15 years.  For 15 years, we've been going from Nintendo, to Super Nintendo, to Playstation, to X-Box, etc.  This is a company finally getting the balls to release a system that takes the gaming industry in a new direction. 

Two words; Virtual Boy.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2004, 11:04:11 PM by Shallow »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2004, 04:59:02 PM »

I didn't bet you Sony would flop.  I said the DS would not 'bomb' as you so ignorantly put it.  Watch; this thing will go over BIG.  Every major game company is behind it.  Nintendo themselves are spending more money than on any other system to promote this thing; they've lowered the cost of third party cartridges to ensure companies can make money on the games, Nintendo is developing as we speak, 30 fucking first-party titles.  30!  Besides Nintendo, there are over 100 other companies developing games for the system. 

If you can't see that it's going to be a huge success, take the dick out of your mouth and read over the reactions people have posted on this thread. 

So then let's bet which one will do better in the end. If they both bomb then nobody wins. C'mon big man, let's put some money on it.

Oh, and who fuckin cares what people say on one forum. If we went by the opinions of the people on this forum, then Eminem wouldn't even go Gold, and The Game will go Diamond. (no offense to anyone, I'm just saying)

Jome

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2004, 08:28:52 PM »
too bad Sony had to go back to the drawing board with the PSP...sure nice graphics and a large screen are good, but when you can only play for 4 hours before it eats through a battery...that's just garbage

along with nintendo being cheaper, coming out sooner and launching with about 600 games availible....

sony has alot of catching up to do

Uhh, that's only if you watch movies.. and 4 hours is 2 movies.. Nintendo probably won't even have movies..
If you use it for gaming, the batteries last longer.

And the screen is way better.. if Sony pulls off PS2 looking titles (from what GT4 looks like..) + movies + mp3, then I don't see one single reason why they shouldn't do AT LEAST the numbers DS will do, people said exactly the same about PS1, that wouldn't do shit to N64.. lmao.
(For the record, I owned a N64, but never a PS1)

The movie part means A LOT.
Imagine the TV ads.. "MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 3, OUT ON DVD and PSP NOOOWWW!!"
Mainstream mini-TV hasn't been pulled off properly yet, I think PSP might be the gadget to do it, and revolutionize handheld mini-TV's..

Thirteen

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2004, 08:41:22 PM »
too bad Sony had to go back to the drawing board with the PSP...sure nice graphics and a large screen are good, but when you can only play for 4 hours before it eats through a battery...that's just garbage

along with nintendo being cheaper, coming out sooner and launching with about 600 games availible....

sony has alot of catching up to do

UHH, that's only if you watch movies.. and 4 hours is 2 movies.. Nintendo probably won't even have movies..
If you use it for gaming, the batteries last longer.

And the screen is way better.. if Sony pulls off PS2 looking titles + movies + mp3, then I don't see one single reason why they shouldn't do AT LEAST the numbers DS will do, people said exactly the same about PS1, that wouldn't do shit to N64.. lmao.
(For the record, I owned a N64, but never a PS1)

The movies part means A LOT.
Imagine the TV ads.. "MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 3, OUT ON DVD and PSP NOOOWWW!!"
Mainstream mini-TV hasn't been pulled of properly yet, I think PSP might be the gadget to do it..

when asked about battery life...sony said it's somewhere between 2 hours and 10 hours... that's a nice little difference of run times

a whopping 15 well known developers are slated to make games for it... 3 being sony's europe, america and japan counterparts

and about the movies...Sony's UMD is pretty much a new idea that they want to catch on...it doesn't mean you're going to start to see new line cinema's commiting resources to a format that may or may not catch on... so besides Son'y's stable of movies... don't expect to see scarface in portable format anytime soon

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2004, 09:52:29 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

But it's got USB ports so you can transfer the movies from your computer. The MP3 part is good too. A UMD holds about 1.8 gigs. That's a lot of MP3s. Where did you hear 15 developers. IGN has reported that 40 publishers are currently working on titles, some on multiple titles, and over 99 developers and production companies have signed on.

Look I hate the big busines taking over the video game market as much as anybody. If it were up to me it'd still be between Sega and Nintendo, but realistically speaking, it's going to be between Sony and Microsoft. Nintendo, unfortunately is doomed. It may take a while, but they'll bow out eventually. Unless a Miyamoto of the new generation pops up and creates super hit after super hit, I don't se them staying alive much longer. There pased two consoles lost their respective wars and they've announced add ons and such they didn't release. Sounds a lot like Sega. Trauma likes to brag about how Nintendo had the highest selling platform (Gameboy SP) last year, but Sega had the highest selling platform in '99 and they were out of business by 2001. These little companies just can't compete with the big boys. The day Nintendo takes out Sony, will be the day Steve Jobs takes Apple and takes out Microsoft.

Jome

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2004, 10:59:50 PM »
when asked about battery life...sony said it's somewhere between 2 hours and 10 hours... that's a nice little difference of run times

Simple: Movies = Demands lots of battery power. Games = A lot less battery power. Music = Even less battery power.

a whopping 15 well known developers are slated to make games for it... 3 being sony's europe, america and japan counterparts

Gran Turismo series can run a whole system alone.. a few sick games, and everybody's getting it..

and about the movies...Sony's UMD is pretty much a new idea that they want to catch on...it doesn't mean you're going to start to see new line cinema's commiting resources to a format that may or may not catch on... so besides Son'y's stable of movies... don't expect to see scarface in portable format anytime soon

And if it catches on, expect to see big releases, big money, and big sales..
I'm not saying it's gonna blow, but with Sony behind it, it's very likely, they already own music studios, game studios and movie studios.
They're CONNECTED.. plus that big ass marketing machine..

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2004, 12:22:32 AM »
isnt tha PSP gonna b $300 or even higher?
thats pretty expensive for most ppl...like me  :-\

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Thirteen

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2004, 12:46:37 AM »

they don't know about the battery life yet...if you look at any other product, a company will tell you straight out, how much time you get for certain things.... 2 - 10 hours is a guesstimite at best

yes they say 99 developers are developing....and as an avid gamer, i looked through the list and there's only 15 "brand names" developers

and lastly,  Sony is always on the forefront of technology but there shit sometimes doesn't catch on...Mini disc, memory sticks, and quite a few other botched ideas when it comes to music and dvd's. plus the fact that the PSP doesn't write data...means you can't burn movies.... with the way dvd's are selling, i don't think any company would pour money into a format taht is only going to be used by one portable device

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2004, 02:48:35 AM »
The movie thing with the PSP could be real cool, but there ain't any guarantees that it'll work. Why? 'Cause the disc for the PSP is a new piece of media. It will take some time before movies will be distributed in this new media, especially since this piece of media won't be as wide-spread as DVD or VHS. The MiniDisc was a good music media, but only a few albums were released in that medium. The majority was still on CDs only. And MiniDisc players were popular too. The PSP will have to do at least as good as the GameBoy of the time or whatever it will be called to catch the eye of distribution companies.

Thirteen

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2004, 09:22:58 AM »
The movie thing with the PSP could be real cool, but there ain't any guarantees that it'll work. Why? 'Cause the disc for the PSP is a new piece of media. It will take some time before movies will be distributed in this new media, especially since this piece of media won't be as wide-spread as DVD or VHS. The MiniDisc was a good music media, but only a few albums were released in that medium. The majority was still on CDs only. And MiniDisc players were popular too. The PSP will have to do at least as good as the GameBoy of the time or whatever it will be called to catch the eye of distribution companies.

in japan the minidisk caught on a little bit... but not nearly enough to make is succesful....i'm not gonna lie, i have a Sony minidisc player and i think it's better than most portable mp3 players.... i can fit 70 songs on a disc that costs $1

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2004, 09:29:00 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I bought one once, but it converted to files to wav, and wouldn't let me store mp3s on it. So I took it back.

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2004, 09:42:08 AM »
i still see no point in having 2 screens.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2004, 02:26:30 PM »
those games lookin fuckin dumb for that nintendo. id rather have the playstation and play movies and audio over playing gay ass yoshi and mario for the 15th time.

Trauma-san

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2004, 06:36:21 PM »
You know what I find interesting? (and I'm honestly, just saying)

The people I don't agree with, I don't agree with on ANYTHING! Look @ this thread.  the people that like the PSP better, all have the totally opposite political opinion as me, and the people that like the DS better generally like my posts and have similar views, blah blah blah.

Why is that? Are there 2 prevailing mindsets in the world that typically feel the same way about similar things? I've always wondered why that is.