Author Topic: Canada becomes third country in the world to legalize same sex marriage  (Read 1361 times)

mauzip

Trauma pretty much summed it up.
For example: I, as a heterosexual man, if I wanna get married I have to do so with someone of the opposite sex.  You as a homosexual man, if you wanna get married you have to find someone of the opposite sex.  Both groups have the same rights, neither group can married someone of the same sex.  Everyone's equal.

1. I am straight.
2. In your eyes a homosexual man can't get married to the person (s)he loves. A heterosexual person can. That is not equal.

Matrix Heart

I'm for it because Bush is against it  :D

Trauma-san

Homosexuality is deviant behavior.

Maybe so, but since homosexuals can't help it they're homosexual they should be treated equal to bisexuals and heterosexuals. If the law implies so otherwise, the law should be changed. If a religion says it's unnatural, that religion is wrong.

So men born without penises should have penises surgically grafted on, and paid for by the state?  Come on man, you can't go around and say "They're born that way!" which can't be proven, ANYWAYS, and expect to bend the laws for them. 

Trauma-san

Trauma pretty much summed it up.
For example: I, as a heterosexual man, if I wanna get married I have to do so with someone of the opposite sex.  You as a homosexual man, if you wanna get married you have to find someone of the opposite sex.  Both groups have the same rights, neither group can married someone of the same sex.  Everyone's equal.

1. I am straight.
2. In your eyes a homosexual man can't get married to the person (s)he loves. A heterosexual person can. That is not equal.

What if you're in love with a child?  You still can't get married.  That's discrimination too, then , heh?  Where do you draw the line? Dogs?  Horses?  Children?  How Old?  Your argument is seriously flawed, mine is unfalliable. 

mauzip

So men born without penises should have penises surgically grafted on, and paid for by the state?  Come on man, you can't go around and say "They're born that way!" which can't be proven, ANYWAYS, and expect to bend the laws for them. 

I don't know in detail how the medical system in the USA works, but if it's necessary then it should be paid like any other necessary surgery. If it's not a necessary surgery, it should be treated like any other unnecessary surgery.

P.S. what does that comment have to do with this topic?

What if you're in love with a child? You still can't get married. That's discrimination too, then , heh? Where do you draw the line? Dogs? Horses? Children? How Old? Your argument is seriously flawed, mine is unfalliable.

That comment is low. You're smarter than that.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 05:31:34 PM by Mauzip »

mauzip

It is low. Comparing homosexuals to faunasexuals (or whatever they're called) and pedosexuals is low, very low.

Diabolical

I agree Mauzip.

I hate having to read things like
<example>I dont have a problem with gays aslong as they dont bum me.</example>
Things like that show that you dont understand or want to understand gay people, or just that you are a homophobe.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
The Church or any other religion shouldn't have to marry gays under any circumstances. If it goes against the belief system then it's as simple as that. If you marry a man with a man, then what is stopping a brotyher and sister, father and daughter, or father and son from getting married. In each case you consenting adults who want to get married. If you shouldn't stop homosexuality then you shouldn't stop incest.

Now the state should be able to grant civil unions to anyone of citizens in question want it that way. You can call it a legal marriage if you want. Doesn't make a difference.

There it is plain and simple. Religion should stay true to it's religion and a democracy should stay true to it's people.

Diabolical

Yeah religions should have the right to decide weather or not they marry people but if 2 (wo)men want to have a civil service i see no problem in allowing it.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
I don't think it's a religious issue.  I think that's one of the silliest things I've ever heard.  If you have two people married that aren't religious, that's just as bad as having two gays married in god's eyes, it's still either way not how he would have it done... that is if you believe in any kind of organized religon.  The bible stresses monogamy but nobody listens to it.  Kids are born to people that get divorced and leave the kids hanging the rest of their lives, or dads that get women pregnant and then just walk out the door.  You think god's down with two Christians getting divorced and leaving their kids without a family anymore than he's down with two gays living together, and raising adopted kids or kids from an earlier relationship?  I think people speak out against gay marriage but they don't speak out against the other problems we have.

Second, to me, gay marriage is rediculous.  It's a common sense thing.  That's like me saying I'm being discriminated against because I can't go in a public bathroom with women.  Or I can't go to school any later than 19 or 20.  that's not discrimination, that's just inherent differences in people.  Men are not women, women are not men, it's impossible for two men to marry, because it's nonsensical.  Marriage is between a man and a woman, a fucking 3 year old can tell you that, but grown faggots can't. 

They're not being discriminated against, they have the EXACT same rights i have.  I too, cannot marry a man.  The only problem is, it's a law they don't like, so they bitch about it, and do it anyways.  That's not discrimination, that's a flagrant disrespect for the law.  Deviant behavior is behavior that strays from the norms set by society.  Homosexuality is deviant behavior.  We should not bend laws that are rooted in human GENDER, a friekin' law of the universe like gravity, heat and math, to satisfy the deviants amongst us. 

If they want to live together, fine, I'm happy for them... but how can you get married to a man?  It's not possible, it's just cut and dry like me telling you I'm going to go walk in the sky.  That's impossible, it's against the law of gravity.  That's like me telling you I'm going to add 2 and 2 and get 3.  It's against the law of math, there's simply no way to do that. 

bingo

now if u would only apply logic to political posts....
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Trauma-san

It is low. Comparing homosexuals to faunasexuals (or whatever they're called) and pedosexuals is low, very low.

It's deviant behavior.  Deviance is difference from the norm.  It is very un-normal to have sex with another male.  They're in the exact same category. 

Trauma-san

I don't think it's a religious issue.  I think that's one of the silliest things I've ever heard.  If you have two people married that aren't religious, that's just as bad as having two gays married in god's eyes, it's still either way not how he would have it done... that is if you believe in any kind of organized religon.  The bible stresses monogamy but nobody listens to it.  Kids are born to people that get divorced and leave the kids hanging the rest of their lives, or dads that get women pregnant and then just walk out the door.  You think god's down with two Christians getting divorced and leaving their kids without a family anymore than he's down with two gays living together, and raising adopted kids or kids from an earlier relationship?  I think people speak out against gay marriage but they don't speak out against the other problems we have.

Second, to me, gay marriage is rediculous.  It's a common sense thing.  That's like me saying I'm being discriminated against because I can't go in a public bathroom with women.  Or I can't go to school any later than 19 or 20.  that's not discrimination, that's just inherent differences in people.  Men are not women, women are not men, it's impossible for two men to marry, because it's nonsensical.  Marriage is between a man and a woman, a fucking 3 year old can tell you that, but grown faggots can't. 

They're not being discriminated against, they have the EXACT same rights i have.  I too, cannot marry a man.  The only problem is, it's a law they don't like, so they bitch about it, and do it anyways.  That's not discrimination, that's a flagrant disrespect for the law.  Deviant behavior is behavior that strays from the norms set by society.  Homosexuality is deviant behavior.  We should not bend laws that are rooted in human GENDER, a friekin' law of the universe like gravity, heat and math, to satisfy the deviants amongst us. 

If they want to live together, fine, I'm happy for them... but how can you get married to a man?  It's not possible, it's just cut and dry like me telling you I'm going to go walk in the sky.  That's impossible, it's against the law of gravity.  That's like me telling you I'm going to add 2 and 2 and get 3.  It's against the law of math, there's simply no way to do that. 

bingo

now if u would only apply logic to political posts....

Everything I say is 100% completely logical, you're just a fucking moron who thinks it's cool to be anti everything.  Fuck you, don't respond to threads I grace, bitch. 

Fuck You, Pay Me

• 'G'
Everything I say is 100% completely logical

Where's the WMD in Iraq? Everybody wants to know that, right?

Well, Where's Saddam, Bin Ladin, Jimmy Hoffa, Amelia Earhart, the mummy that was in the great pyramid?

Just because you can't find something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

mauzip

It's deviant behavior.  Deviance is difference from the norm.  It is very un-normal to have sex with another male.  They're in the exact same category. 

You are putting homosexuals in the same category as pedosexuals. You really don't see what's wrong with that, do you? You really think that they're just as bad, huh?

rafsta

You are putting homosexuals in the same category as pedosexuals. You really don't see what's wrong with that, do you? You really think that they're just as bad, huh?

thats a good point... you cant really put homos and pedo's in the same category, coz pedo's manipulate and trick children into doin shit they dont want to do, i remember seein on oprah the pedo said, its not so much the sex they enjoy but more the manipulation and getting there...

you cant really compare a pedo to a homo...