Author Topic: Official 2006 NBA Slam Dunk Competition Thread!  (Read 1196 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Official 2006 NBA Slam Dunk Competition Thread!
« on: January 31, 2006, 03:59:06 PM »
Josh Smith of the Atlanta Hakws, will return to defend his crown against 3 opponents.
Opponents are:
Andre Idualdoa of the Philadelphia Sixers
Hakim Warrick of the Memphis Grizzlies
Nate Robinson of the New York Knicks

Coverage begins 8:00 PM ET on TNT this Saturday, along with the Three-Point Shootout, the Shooting Stars Challenge, and Skills Challenge.
Check here for more info: http://www.nba.com/allstar2006_slamdunk_060131.html

I'm going for Nate!

« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 04:25:44 PM by Now_Im_Blowed »

acbaylove

Re: Official 2006 NBA Slam Dunk Competition Thread!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 04:09:11 PM »
Smith again, for me.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 04:11:32 PM »
Smith again, for me.

I like Josh Smith too, it'd just be cool to see a 5'9" Nate do some extraordinary shit...

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 04:13:50 PM »
Cool.  You know, IMO, ever since the Slam Dunk Competition with Vince Carter people have had extremely high expectations for the Competition and they really have overlooked how exciting some dunks (not really the competition) have been the years after.   

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 04:21:30 PM »
Cool.  You know, IMO, ever since the Slam Dunk Competition with Vince Carter people have had extremely high expectations for the Competition and they really have overlooked how exciting some dunks (not really the competition) have been the years after.   

Imagine a competition with Vince, Kobe, LeBron, J. Richardson, Ricky D, McGrady, Kenyon Martin, and a couple more of the high-flying big names (I remember there used to be like 8 participants in the competition)...Shit would draw MAD ratings.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 04:24:33 PM »
Hell yeah.  It will probably get more viewers than a Finals without the Lakers lol

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 04:33:10 PM »

Imagine a competition with Vince, Kobe, LeBron, J. Richardson, Ricky D, McGrady, Kenyon Martin, and a couple more of the high-flying big names (I remember there used to be like 8 participants in the competition)...Shit would draw MAD ratings.

yeah seriously , what the hell , why arn't we seeing any of them in action?

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 04:39:15 PM »

yeah seriously , what the hell , why arn't we seeing any of them in action?

They're never down...That's petty shit for them...Sucks, cuz back in the day it was considered an honor to be selected.

PLANT

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 05:35:57 PM »
Nate Robinson is gona take it.  I doubt Smith will do anything new, and people will be impressed with Nates dunking ability for his size.

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 05:40:34 PM »
Man i thought Gerald Green would be in it this year but i think Nate Robinson will be pretty impressive and win it.

PLANT

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2006, 07:04:22 PM »
Man i thought Gerald Green would be in it this year but i think Nate Robinson will be pretty impressive and win it.
whats up with Gerald Green anyways?  Does anyone know if he sees the court?  Havnt heard nothing about him this year. ???

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006, 07:35:50 PM »
They're trying to develop him until they think hes ready to start playing but i don't know why he hasn't played yet this season. I thought he would've had alot of minutes by now but he hasn't played in one game yet. I hope he doesn't turn into a player that the Celts don't know how to use and gets traded to a team that does.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2006, 07:56:45 PM »

T-Dub

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2006, 08:25:40 PM »
whats up with Gerald Green anyways?  Does anyone know if he sees the court?  Havnt heard nothing about him this year. ???

I think he's in the D-League right now

CoreG37

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2006, 09:05:08 PM »
wait a minute... why in the hell are there only 4 competitors?