Author Topic: Champions League Tonite!!  (Read 1280 times)

acbaylove

Re: Champions League Tonite!!
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2006, 05:46:35 PM »
Who is Paul Le Guen?

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2006, 12:28:52 AM »
Who is Paul Le Guen?

Former Lyon manager....

Celtic and Rangers are  bigger clubs than all of the Dutch teams. Im not talking bigger as in more success in Europe or play in a better league but im talkin worldwide fan base....I would LOVE 2 c Feyenoord take 80, 000 people 2 a european final.....how many did they take the year they beat Dortmund?

The Maestro

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2006, 01:15:36 AM »
Thats not true man. Give me some facts. I could easily say feyenoord and ajax maybe even PSV got a bigger fanbase around the world, but you cant prove it. And i know Ajax for sure got many fans around the world. And when feyenoord won the uefa cup in 2002 the final was in rotterdam in ''de kuip. Their own stadium. The final was sold out but there were half dortmund fans and half feyenoord fans (uefa rules).

And van hooijdonk had his best years at feyenoord. I didnt see celtic win the uefa cup or anything with van hooijdonk.

TNB

• 'G'
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2006, 09:42:04 AM »
Rangers and Celtic have supporters clubs in UK, Ireland, North America, Australia, and in most countries in Europe.  Wherever Rangers or Celtic play in the world, you are guaranteed to get 10's of thousands of supporters travelling to watch them.

The point I made about Van Hooijdonk is that he used his time in Scotland to become a better player which is why Feyenoord benefited.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2006, 12:15:38 AM »
Thats not true man. Give me some facts. I could easily say feyenoord and ajax maybe even PSV got a bigger fanbase around the world, but you cant prove it. And i know Ajax for sure got many fans around the world. And when feyenoord won the uefa cup in 2002 the final was in rotterdam in ''de kuip. Their own stadium. The final was sold out but there were half dortmund fans and half feyenoord fans (uefa rules).

And van hooijdonk had his best years at feyenoord. I didnt see celtic win the uefa cup or anything with van hooijdonk.

Ok listen up. Right now i am in a place called Invercargill. Look it up on a map. It is the worlds most southern city, right at the bottom of New Zealand, Next stop Antartica. And there are 2 Celtic Supporter clubs in a 100km radius. I was at football training 2nite and there was FOUR Celtic tops, i asked some  of them bout Dutch football and feyenoord in perticular. And one reply was......"Didnt Kluivert play there 4 a while?" and this was from a person with TWO dutch parents!!......Come on man. I aint debatin how big Feyenoord are coz ive never been 2 a game or even met a Feyenoord supporter. And the whole 50/50 coz its Uefa regulations is bulshit, check the Celtic vs Porto uefa cup final the crowd was extremely partizan in celtic's  favour...try 70 30......

The Maestro