Author Topic: Albums you used to love... Change of pace....  (Read 315 times)

herpes

Albums you used to love... Change of pace....
« on: March 07, 2006, 10:18:30 PM »
You usually get asked what albums did it take a while for you to like but i want to change it up.  What albums at one time were one of your favorite albums but over the years you just dont listen to it anymore.  For me it would have to be doggystyle.  Its still a great album but i dont listen to it anymore.  The content is crap and lyrically its ass cheeks.  Its still a great album but i just dont care for it much anymore.

truedupbluedup

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Albums you used to love... Change of pace....
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 12:02:29 AM »
I used to bump Restless alot

but i dont remember the last time i popped it in.

Its sad too because when i first heard "Get yo walk on" I couldnt stop bumpin it

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 01:16:11 AM »
wow there's a lot of albums:

1. thriller, back when i was little i wore out two tapes of that thing....now i make it half way through billy jean on my i pod and i change it

2. stillmatic/illmatic, they're still awesome albums, but i can only listen to them on random occasions, nas's voice is weak and annoying after a while

3. streetz iz a mutha, i use to think this cd was a classic but then after a while it's become ...eh

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 02:20:40 AM »
There is a few with me, its usually due to the fact i over play them and basically kill the cd.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 06:15:55 AM »
Nice thread idea.

For me it is D12 "Devils Night".   

I had been anticipating this album for over a year and it even exceeded my expectations at the time it dropped.  I remember feeling like I could really relate to the subject matter.  First I bumped a 5 song album sampler for a few weeks, then when the album leaked I bumped that daily, it never left my cd player, then I bought like two copies of the album when it finally dropped.  Yeah, no doubt, I was some kind of a fanatic.  I thought "Fight Music" was the next level of hip-hop and I thought that "Revelation" was just that---- a striking revelation!

^^Yeah, I know, hate all you want, that's what I used to think.

...anyway, I hadn't listened to the album in a long time since 2001.   I listened to it just a little while ago after all these years, and I still feel like the beats are top-notch, but the lyrics and concepts make the album appear as a calculated attempt to sell records to 12 and 13 year olds.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Eihtball

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 07:11:25 AM »
The content is crap and lyrically its ass cheeks.  Its still a great album but i just dont care for it much anymore.

LOL, that's a contradictory statement right there.

There is a few with me, its usually due to the fact i over play them and basically kill the cd.

Same here.  There are a lot of CDs' that I still consider to be among my favorites, but I've long sinced killed them by overplaying.  Any of the classic G-Funk albums ("The Chronic", "Doggystyle", "Regulate", etc.) and the classic East Coast albums ("Illmatic", "Ready To Die", "The Infamous", etc.), I still love those albums, but I don't listen to them much anymore because I pretty much know them by heart so it's not the same.

Oh, and I've also played the hell outta Bone's "E 1999 Eternal".  I've been through 3 copies of the album (once on tape, two on CD) because every once in a while, I become obsessed with that album again and start listening to it.  I've probably listened to that record more than any other CD I own.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 07:14:11 AM by Eihtball »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 11:44:07 AM »
^ Every person I know who has that e 1999 album has had to get it at least twice

wierd
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 12:18:45 PM »
i listened to the chronic again today, its so good its unbelieveable, its easily the best cd in my collection

WestCoasta

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 12:21:02 PM »
I never overplay shit...

Elevz

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 12:26:28 PM »
Doesn't this just go for any cd you've loved? The love just fades away because you overkill the play you're giving the album. I could probably list over 50 albums that I don't like as much anymore because I've heard them too much. I even agree with Infinite on D12's Devils Night... I loved that album back when it came out, and right now I would find it extreme garbage, but that's most likely just because my taste has changed for the better.

Some random examples...
2Pac - All eyez on me
50 Cent - Power of the dollar
50 Cent - Get rich or die tryin'
A Tribe Called Quest - The low end theory
Common - Be
Cypress Hill - Cypress Hill
Cypress Hill - Black Sunday
D12 - Devils night
dead prez - Lets get free
De La Soul - 3 Feet high and rising
De La Soul - Buhloone mindstate
Dilated Peoples - Expansion team
... the list is endless.

This doesn't mean I think any less of these albums, or that I don't like them anymore. I just don't love them as much as I used to.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 01:21:50 PM »
MC Hammer - Please Hammer Don't Hurt Em
Fu-Shnickens - F.U. Don't Take It Personal

macknlatin36

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 05:25:03 PM »
Beatnuts "take it or squeeze it" it was hot at one point (at least in the east)

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 09:37:21 PM »
50 Cent's-Get Rich Or Dy Tryin, G-Unit-Beg For Mercy.  A lot of the old school west coast stuff.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 12:29:52 PM »
^ Every person I know who has that e 1999 album has had to get it at least twice

wierd

add me to your list.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2006, 12:35:32 PM »
mostly all the rap albums i used to love, i still love em, i just cant listen to them.