Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Dodgers Thread  (Read 24393 times)

LAKERS_FAN89

Re: The Official Los Angeles Dodgers Thread
« Reply #330 on: April 11, 2007, 09:46:56 PM »
we did 8)

rik

« Reply #331 on: April 12, 2007, 08:28:58 AM »
6-3 baby! We got the Padres coming in on Friday. I say we win the series.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #332 on: April 14, 2007, 02:54:48 AM »
WERE CAN I FIND THE OLD BLUE JERSEY WITH THE RED #'S

i wanna customize it

to a fernando valuenzela jersey =P

rik

« Reply #333 on: April 14, 2007, 08:36:06 AM »
Got the win last night in a good way. Furcal is that dude.

WILL-I-DIE

« Reply #334 on: April 15, 2007, 01:09:15 AM »
yo mods make this a sticky

DODGERS ! hope we do great this season

rik

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Dodgers Thread
« Reply #335 on: April 15, 2007, 10:25:53 AM »
We got our as beat last night but it's all good. We should come back with a win today and win yet another series.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #336 on: April 15, 2007, 12:52:34 PM »
Thoughts on the season so far

-Luis Gonzalez has been surprisingly good, too good actually.  I expect him to hit like .800-.825 OPS, something an average LF can bring you.  Obviously the downside is that he stinks it up due to age like Steve Finley

-Juan Pierre has been unsurprisingly bad, too bad lol.  This guy is an average player at best, what he's doing right now is what we should expect from him for the season.  Weak slap hits that barely pass the infield, and weak blooping hits to the gaps in the outfield.  If teams would actually put a Pierre Shift on him, he probably won't even hit .250 in the season.  (A Pierre shift would be 5 infielders and 2 outfielders in the gaps)

-Pitching has been amazing, our obvious strength coming into the season.  Except for that ex-SF pitcher...    Colletti saw this guy pitch when he was in SF, he should have know that he's been losing velocity in his FB for two years straight, and last night it was a complete downfall. 

-Andre Ethier did amazing last season, the doubts on him was that at best he would be a solid corner OF, 15-20 HRs 60 RBIs .270 BA type of player.  Basically what Gonzalez will provide but at a fraction of the cost.  He's not the superstar people expect him to be after his amazing rookie season.

-Wilson Betemit, geez he's been lost ever since he put on a Dodger uniform.  Bad stats as a Dodger in 2006, bad stats in winterball, bad stats in spring training, and bad stats so far in 2007.  I'm willing to see him get more AB's, at least two months of it to see if snaps out of it.  He can provide some huge power, the potential is there. 

-The lineup should look like this
1. Furcal
2. Martin
3. Nomar
4. Kent
5. Gonzo
6. Ethier
7. Betemit
8. Pierre

-Olmedo Saenz should be getting starts over Ramon Martinez and Wilson Valdez...we need power not speedy slap hitters in the lineup

rik

« Reply #337 on: April 15, 2007, 01:22:39 PM »
I think Ethier should get more playing time. He earned that from his play last year. Especially now that Kemp is on the DL. It's hard to break out of a slump when you're not getting at bats. He should be playing everyday against lefties and righties.

rik

« Reply #338 on: April 15, 2007, 08:48:12 PM »
We won another series! We've won three of the first four series we've played. And the three series' we've won have been against division rival. Ethier had a good game, with a home run. I think all he needs is playing time. I like our chances this year. We have the pitching and we could manufacture runs.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #339 on: April 15, 2007, 08:56:09 PM »
Fuck manufacturing runs, this team needs to get that OBP high and be lucky again with runners in scoring position.  That's the real reason we were able to score runs last year, not because of stealing bases, hit and runs etc

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #340 on: April 16, 2007, 10:12:36 AM »
Would ya'll say Dodgers are better this year than they were last year?

rik

« Reply #341 on: April 16, 2007, 11:35:55 AM »
^ It's still early in the season, but I say yes. Our pitching improved we have more depth. We have a good, solid bullpen. And like I said before, we can manufacture  runs. I don't care how we score them as long as we do.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 11:43:06 AM by Rik »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #342 on: April 16, 2007, 12:07:56 PM »
Would ya'll say Dodgers are better this year than they were last year?

It all depends on how much better the young guys get, and later on in the season how many other of our top young players get called up.  As of right now, our offense is worse than last year but our pitching is better.

Remember these names, any of these players can become a break out star and really take the Dodgers to consistent World Series contenders...

- Chad Billingsley Starting Pitcher
- Russell Martin Catcher
- Matt Kemp Outfielder
- Andre Ethier Outfielder
- Andy La Roche Outfielder
- Scott Elbert Starting Pitcher
- Clayton Kershaw

I really feel that once we get into the 2008 season and beyond, we're going to be a true powerhouse. 

rik

« Reply #343 on: April 16, 2007, 12:20:07 PM »
^ You don't think we can contend right now? I sure as hell do. IMO Russel Martin is for real, Ethier still needs to prove himself but I believe that he'll be a solid player, and I think Matt Kemp is going to be a very good power hitter for us.

I thought La Roche was a third basemen.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #344 on: April 16, 2007, 12:27:52 PM »
Nah we can but we'll be the same as every other NL team, if we do make it far it will be because the NL sucks so bad.  Basically luck, I'm expecting a power house team...100+ wins  every year with these young guys.  Yeah mental mistake on the La Roche comment lol, he is playing OF though.  Ethier and Kemp can be good this year, but what I'm expecting from Kemp is super star status.  Up there with David Wright, Miguel Cabrera, etc.  If we end up developing these players that good, we will be a 100+ dominating team, no doubt about it.  I'm tired of seeing the Dodgers  being the richest team in the NL West, and they struggle to get into the playoffs.  These times should be over with our farm system and money.