Author Topic: IF mj releases a new album, who should he work with?  (Read 240 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
IF mj releases a new album, who should he work with?
« on: April 19, 2006, 07:32:08 AM »
in your opinion?

to me if he has full backing and doesnt recieve left over beats from producers since he isnt on a big label no mo......

im hoping..........

TIMBALAND........is a must.......when he brings his A game
NEPTUNES.........not sure how mj would fit with their new sound, but mj was trippin to pass up on the shit they produced for JT....those beats were perfect for mj, the beats alone made JT a star,
scott storch.....should give him a try........u know mj could be like the dre for scott storch......just may work, get him to do the keys.....mj is a sick ass producer, y'all need to realise that
kanye........since kanye wants to work with him.....not sure how this would sound either......., wouldnt mind a just blaze effort..........his on fire right now, not sure how that would end up to stil
LIL jon.............some crazy shit could be the end result of this

ofcourse quincy or dre would be nice but i dont think he'll go to quincy or dre will work with mj.....

Throwback

Re: IF mj releases a new album, who should he work with?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 07:32:46 AM »
me. i need some money.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 07:36:03 AM »
me. i need some money.

he might molest u

Throwback

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 07:37:56 AM »
im too old.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 08:05:20 AM »
No modern age hip-hop/R&B producers.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

mauzip

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 08:10:59 AM »
Teddy Riley.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 08:21:52 AM »
Quiney Jones
Teddy Riley
Maybe Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis
And maybe a track from Babyface

Matty

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 09:02:29 AM »
i seriously think some storch r&b breats would go nice with mj...and obviously neptunes too if mj had been on that like i love you beat it would of been even better was a smash hit for jt anyway

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 09:08:07 AM »
He shouldn't with anybody, he's Michael Jackson. As much as rag on the guy he's still way out of the league of any current hip hop/RnB producers.

If I had to pick anyone I'd pick Rick Reuben becayse Rick just sits there assures artists to stay true to what they are. Mayne Mutt Lange if he wants some big pop hits.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 09:25:40 AM »
Jermaine Dupri
Mike City
R.Kelly
Kanye West
Dr.Dre
Neptunes
Battlecat
Raphael Saadiq
Andre Harris

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006, 09:48:27 AM »
Neptunes! Anyone ever noticed how "rock with you" could easily be a Neptunes beat?

Florez

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Return of the gangstas
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006, 12:53:37 PM »
Neptunes! Anyone ever noticed how "rock with you" could easily be a Neptunes beat?

I think it's a typical darkchild beat
''I'm still a doggpound nigga I ain't never gonna give it up''

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2006, 06:15:46 PM »
Everything I've heard so far about the album sounds promising.

I like someone mentioned Raphael Saddiq.  I think those are the kind of collaborations that could be legendary if it ever happened... You've got Michael who's a huge name, tons of talent but out of touch with the modern music scene... and Raphael, who's in touch with modern music but not a gigantic name, so would still be open to taking direction.  Chemistry like that would probably make a good song.

One of the best songs on his last album was "Whatever Happens" with Carlos Santana.  Michael has a history of making ANY duet, a good song.  Look @ what he's done in the past... he did (lesse heah)

"Somebody's Watchin' Me" with Rockwell.  Not a straight up duet, but Michael singing backup to Rockwell's One Hit Wonder.

Then there was

"Say, Say, Say" with Paul McCartney.  Great song.
"The Girl Is Mine" with Paul McCartney, Great Song.
"The Man" with Paul McCartney, pretty good song.

then on Bad, he of course did "I Can't Stop Loving You" with Sideah Garrett.  Great song. 

On Dangerous, "In The Closet" was going to be a duet with Madonna, but ended up featuring Princess Stephanie... Great song.

"Jam" had Heavy D on it.  Great song.

"Black or White" had Slash and some noname rapper on it, Great song.

On "History", he did a duet with Janet Jackson, "Scream".  Great song.

On History, he also did a duet with Boys II Men, "History"... Great song.

On History, he did a song featuring Biggie Smalls, called "This Time Around"... Great song.

There's an unreleased song he did with Freddie Mercury called "There Must Be More To Life Than This" that's a great song.

"We Are The World" was a great song.

Even that unreleased fund raiser song from a few years ago called "What More Can I Give" was pretty fucking good, even though it never came out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Unless I'm just blatently missing some, I think you can make a fair case that if Michael Jackson does a duet with somebody, it's pretty fucking good. 

J Bananas

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 07:59:52 PM »
screwed up click needs to drop a couple bangers on there, maybe some fire adlibs from young jeezy. get juvey on a song, maybe cam

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2006, 07:29:49 AM »
Everything I've heard so far about the album sounds promising.

I like someone mentioned Raphael Saddiq.  I think those are the kind of collaborations that could be legendary if it ever happened... You've got Michael who's a huge name, tons of talent but out of touch with the modern music scene... and Raphael, who's in touch with modern music but not a gigantic name, so would still be open to taking direction.  Chemistry like that would probably make a good song.

One of the best songs on his last album was "Whatever Happens" with Carlos Santana.  Michael has a history of making ANY duet, a good song.  Look @ what he's done in the past... he did (lesse heah)

"Somebody's Watchin' Me" with Rockwell.  Not a straight up duet, but Michael singing backup to Rockwell's One Hit Wonder.

Then there was

"Say, Say, Say" with Paul McCartney.  Great song.
"The Girl Is Mine" with Paul McCartney, Great Song.
"The Man" with Paul McCartney, pretty good song.

then on Bad, he of course did "I Can't Stop Loving You" with Sideah Garrett.  Great song. 

On Dangerous, "In The Closet" was going to be a duet with Madonna, but ended up featuring Princess Stephanie... Great song.

"Jam" had Heavy D on it.  Great song.

"Black or White" had Slash and some noname rapper on it, Great song.

On "History", he did a duet with Janet Jackson, "Scream".  Great song.

On History, he also did a duet with Boys II Men, "History"... Great song.

On History, he did a song featuring Biggie Smalls, called "This Time Around"... Great song.

There's an unreleased song he did with Freddie Mercury called "There Must Be More To Life Than This" that's a great song.

"We Are The World" was a great song.

Even that unreleased fund raiser song from a few years ago called "What More Can I Give" was pretty fucking good, even though it never came out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Unless I'm just blatently missing some, I think you can make a fair case that if Michael Jackson does a duet with somebody, it's pretty fucking good. 

Hell yeah! I agree fully. Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder duet 'Just Good Friends' was real good too.