Author Topic: Nintendo DS - Fastest Selling system of all time in Japan  (Read 75 times)

Trauma-san

Nintendo DS - Fastest Selling system of all time in Japan
« on: August 01, 2006, 04:05:00 PM »
Someone on here (can't remember who) was saying the Nintendo DS would be a flop and it was a stupid idea.... Nintendo released sales figures today indicating the Nintendo DS is actually the fastest selling system of all time in Japan; it's sold 10 million copies there in 20 months, a new record for console systems.  Worldwide, the DS has surpassed the 20 million mark. 

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6154976.html

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Nintendo DS - Fastest Selling system of all time in Japan
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 05:22:49 PM »
Someone on here (can't remember who) was saying the Nintendo DS would be a flop and it was a stupid idea.... Nintendo released sales figures today indicating the Nintendo DS is actually the fastest selling system of all time in Japan; it's sold 10 million copies there in 20 months, a new record for console systems.  Worldwide, the DS has surpassed the 20 million mark. 

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6154976.html

You're either very petty and stupid or just trying to get a laugh If it's the latter then go right ahead. I don't find it particularly funny but it doesn't bother me.

Now if it's the former then you need help. Since it was very clear from various responses I have made in the the past several weeks that I never said it would flop, but that it was released to soon after the SP which everyone had bought the year before. And since it's second year was stronger than the first year I still think they should have waited, but it doesn't matter since it still did very well. I also thought it was stupid to make every game a dual screen game where the game play crossed two screens, Of course so did Nintendo, which is why they don't use both screens for gameplay very often. That being said I still said I was wrong. Something a coawrd like you would never do.

I said the Revolution would flop. I'm not so sure right now. It'll either be a huge success or a huge flop given what Nintendo expects of it.

Rish

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 04:59:04 AM »
Your right not to doubt Nintendo again. The success of the DS surprised almost everyone BUT Nintendo. Think the Revolution is gonna go the same way.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 07:05:36 AM »
Your right not to doubt Nintendo again. The success of the DS surprised almost everyone BUT Nintendo. Think the Revolution is gonna go the same way.

I figured the DS would do well from the start. I just thought it should have been released a bit later.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 11:08:53 AM »

I figured the DS would do well from the start. I just thought it should have been released a bit later.

yea the DS did have a pretty big drought when it first came out,thats why i waited and got the lite ,lovin it,lots of good games for the system now,glad to see it doin good

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24