Author Topic: newest Wii rumour....  (Read 183 times)

Trauma-san

newest Wii rumour....
« on: August 16, 2006, 09:55:49 PM »
is that the system will be launched in Japan at a mind blowing price tag of $171 bucks.  Also, the system will come online-enabled right out of the box.... and have no subscription fees for the online content.... and offer free downloads of classic 1st party nintendo games; you do the math and it means that the Wii will come bundled (through the online connection) with tons of classic games, at an unbelievably low price.  Wow

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: newest Wii rumour....
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 09:58:53 PM »
Wii sounds like its gonna be amazing.

360 + Wii= fucking awesome

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 07:25:51 AM »
Yes, Wii seems dope... Gotta see how that controller thing plays out though. Red Steel seems cool, but gotta see what else they can come up with.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 01:49:11 PM »
is that the system will be launched in Japan at a mind blowing price tag of $171 bucks.  Also, the system will come online-enabled right out of the box.... and have no subscription fees for the online content.... and offer free downloads of classic 1st party nintendo games; you do the math and it means that the Wii will come bundled (through the online connection) with tons of classic games, at an unbelievably low price.  Wow
DID YOU SAY FREE GAMES! thats the most gangsta feature there... if the games are all free... damn... but im assuming they going to be charging for a few games... but thats still crazy... and im glad its online capable right out of the box... one question tho? .. i heard that you will be able to use third party memory cards... like SD cards and stuff??? any truth to that?? if so im set with a 2gig SD memory stick i have... i am getting the Wii for sure right now... Xbox as of now is out the question... and PS3 ima wait til the price comes down.

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 02:24:16 PM »
Here's what I've heard.

A. YES, it uses third party memory devices.  GANGSTA

B. Nintendo's 1st party games will be FREE.  Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Pokemon, etc.... anything Nintendo owns it will allow you to download free.  Also, the service is free... so if there's a multiplayer game that you play against others online, there's no charge for the subscription or anything, ANYBODY with a Wii will be able to play ANYBODY else who has a Wii, no charges for the online connection. 

C. If it's third party developed games, you'll probably have to pay a price to download and play those.  I.e., Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior, 007, etc.  They've already struck a deal with Sega to license nearly all of their 1st party games from the genesis, master system, dreamcast, saturn, Game Gear, and Sega CD.  They also cut a deal (blast from the past!) with Hudson (lol) and with the Turbographix 16 people.  Hudson was the shit back in the day, all the early nintendo games were Hudson. 

The way things are looking, though, you should be able to buy a Nintendo Wii, take it home, plug it into your internet connection, or a phone line, and download and play any 1st party Nintendo game ever made, for FREE. 

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 05:07:51 PM »
If this is true then that are motherfucking good news. Don´t even know what to say about it. Release that shit and I pick it up. Period.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 08:25:14 PM »
UNbelivable... as im gettign older im not even down with crazy ass games were you gotta look for shit. Im loving those old nintendo games.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 10:14:33 PM »
Hope this all is true. I'ma buy it regardless, but if all those 1st party games come free, that'd be huge.