Author Topic: Opinions of Trauma a year later.  (Read 537 times)

DipsetGeneral

Opinions of Trauma a year later.
« on: August 27, 2006, 10:41:57 PM »
Well its been about a year since this was released so I thought it would be appropiate to have a thread like this.

I think this album got way to much hate, Quik put this album together like a story, every song lead up to the next song and everything flowed perfectly.  Quik was able to come up with a whole different sound but still a Westcoast sound at the same time.  Also Quik was able to make the album work even w/ artists like Chingy, Wyflef, Luda, and TI on the album, those are some artists that you wouldnt expect on a Quik album but he pulled it off.  There are no weak tracks on the album, my least favorite track was Catch 22 but that was still solid.  I thought Quik had 3 different musical schemes throughout the album,  The first 3 tracks have a certain feel to them, then the middle tracks have a signature sound to them and the end of the album w/ tracks like "Pacific Coast Remix"  "California"  "Quikstrumental" they all have a certain feel as well.  Overall I thought Quik delivered when alot didnt think he would.

Standout Tracks:

-California
-Intro for Roger
-Till Jesus Comes
-Ladies And Thugs
-Pacific Coast Remix (Spur of The Moment)
-Jet Set
-Quikstrumental (Quik's Groove7)

Solid Tracks:
-Fandango
-Indiscretions In The Back Of The Limo
-Black Mercedes
-Get Up
-Get Down
-Catch 22

Weak Tracks:

-None

Overall 8.5 out of 10

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Re: Opinions of Trauma a year later.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 10:52:58 PM »
It was a very solid album....personally, it was better than his last, and somewhere close to Balance and options. Musically, it wasn't as inclined as Rhythmalism and parts of B&O, but this is definitely Quik's 2nd best album rapping wise...I'd say that only Safe n Sound was better. He stepped his rap game up, even though he was already much better than average.

The only strong, standout, potentially classic song on there to me was Black Mercedez...but everything else on there was definitely strong. I only skipped "Catch 22" and I would skip "Ladies and thugs" sometimes only because the kick drum got annoying coming through my subwoofers. I do think he lacked his usual classic but comedic party song that he used to do on every album aside from Under the Influence....such as how he had "Mo Pussy" "Sweet black pussy" "I don't wanna eat it" "Down Down Down" and "Do I love her"...he needs to bring somethin like that back.

I am mad that he is in jail right now.........but I have a feeling that when he gets out, he is going to have a LOT, meaning a LOT to talk about and get off his chest, and I know he is going to bring nothing but pure heat!

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 10:56:08 PM »
i love the album....one of  the best 05 releases..the only track i didn like was catch 22

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 10:58:19 PM »
Yeah so looks like we all agree catch22 was the weakest track.  I just loved this album, I agree w/ Tistic  musicially this wasnt as good as Balance And Option but lyrically it was better.  I still like B&O better but Trauma was great to.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 11:31:37 PM »
I must be the only person that likes 'Catch 22', lol.

'Now quit that bitch shit, we gonn f*ck you up mayne, we gonn f*ck you up mayne.......
now get the f*ck outta dodge,
It ain't gonna work mayne, we gonn f*ck you up mayne, we gonn f*ck you up mayne....

lol, rather bump this than 'Ladies & Thugs'.

Best song would be 'Black Mercedes'.

I prefer UTI over this album, this album took a while to get used to. I was kinda let down, but then again, I was expecting another 'Rhythmalism'. The beats were fresh and different, but alot of the songs were let down by subpar hooks.

Is it me or did he change his sound on his last 2 albums?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 11:34:12 PM by Nutty »

'EclipZe

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 11:39:48 PM »
^ I agree, Catch 22 > ladies & thugs, to me that song was the worse on the album, and that song was pretty good... trauma is a very solid album and it was definitly worth the money  8)

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 11:42:35 PM »
^ I agree, Catch 22 > ladies & thugs, to me that song was the worse on the album, and that song was pretty good... trauma is a very solid album and it was definitly worth the money  8)

Damn I thought Ladies And Thugs was awesome.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 11:52:12 PM »
Well its been about a year since this was released so I thought it would be appropiate to have a thread like this.

I think this album got way to much hate, Quik put this album together like a story, every song lead up to the next song and everything flowed perfectly.  Quik was able to come up with a whole different sound but still a Westcoast sound at the same time.  Also Quik was able to make the album work even w/ artists like Chingy, Wyflef, Luda, and TI on the album, those are some artists that you wouldnt expect on a Quik album but he pulled it off.  There are no weak tracks on the album, my least favorite track was Catch 22 but that was still solid.  I thought Quik had 3 different musical schemes throughout the album,  The first 3 tracks have a certain feel to them, then the middle tracks have a signature sound to them and the end of the album w/ tracks like "Pacific Coast Remix"  "California"  "Quikstrumental" they all have a certain feel as well.  Overall I thought Quik delivered when alot didnt think he would.

Standout Tracks:

-California
-Intro for Roger
-Till Jesus Comes
-Ladies And Thugs
-Black Mercedes
-Jet Set
-Quikstrumental (Quik's Groove7)

Solid Tracks:
-Fandango
-Indiscretions In The Back Of The Limo
-Pacific Coast Remix (Spur of The Moment)
-Get Up
-Get Down

Weak Tracks:

--Catch 22

Overall 8.5 out of 10

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 12:01:13 AM »
I think this album got way to much hate, Quik put this album together like a story, every song lead up to the next song and everything flowed perfectly.
I didn't hear too many people hating on this album, espically on this forum.

This album was defiantly better then his last.

WestCoasta

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 12:10:36 AM »
it's a classic, only 1 track I don't feel is "Ladies & Thugs"

there are no flaws in the rapping either, all on point

"Catch 22" is real good too, he sounds kinda pissed

WestCoasta

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 12:12:45 AM »
It was a very solid album....personally, it was better than his last, and somewhere close to Balance and options. Musically, it wasn't as inclined as Rhythmalism and parts of B&O, but this is definitely Quik's 2nd best album rapping wise...I'd say that only Safe n Sound was better. He stepped his rap game up, even though he was already much better than average.

The only strong, standout, potentially classic song on there to me was Black Mercedez...but everything else on there was definitely strong. I only skipped "Catch 22" and I would skip "Ladies and thugs" sometimes only because the kick drum got annoying coming through my subwoofers. I do think he lacked his usual classic but comedic party song that he used to do on every album aside from Under the Influence....such as how he had "Mo Pussy" "Sweet black pussy" "I don't wanna eat it" "Down Down Down" and "Do I love her"...he needs to bring somethin like that back.

I am mad that he is in jail right now.........but I have a feeling that when he gets out, he is going to have a LOT, meaning a LOT to talk about and get off his chest, and I know he is going to bring nothing but pure heat!
^^^ he knows what's up

IzUwitIt

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 01:09:23 AM »
one of  the best 05 releases

ill cosign with that

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 01:52:49 AM »
Solid record. Quik couldnt make a bad record if he tried. That said, this is not his best but definitely not his worst.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 02:01:18 AM »
It was a well put together, solid record. Production wasnt groundbreaking or anything. I'd give this a 4/5.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2006, 02:50:51 AM »
Man I love that record still, front to back. Catch 22 isn't up to par with the rest though. But anyways, like I said, solid record, top to bottom, front to back, side to side.

EDIT: Had the wrong track title in there...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 11:56:40 AM by T-Dogg »