Author Topic: MIAMI HEAT Sign Gary Payton To Contract Extension...  (Read 870 times)

PLANT

Re: MIAMI HEAT Sign Gary Payton To Contract Extension...
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2006, 06:02:18 PM »
Id still say they have a shot......The only team that could have beat them last year was Detroit, and now that Ben is in Chicago, Detroit wont be as good this season....Chicago will give Miami a run but Miami has way more playoff experience and Id put my money on the heat in a 7 game series.  Dont forget, Miami battled through some tough injuries last season with Shaq, Zo, J dub and Posey all injured for a number of games, and they still did pretty good in the regular season....and then won when it counted.  Im not counting Miami out

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2006, 07:18:57 PM »
Id still say they have a shot......The only team that could have beat them last year was Detroit, and now that Ben is in Chicago, Detroit wont be as good this season....Chicago will give Miami a run but Miami has way more playoff experience and Id put my money on the heat in a 7 game series.  Dont forget, Miami battled through some tough injuries last season with Shaq, Zo, J dub and Posey all injured for a number of games, and they still did pretty good in the regular season....and then won when it counted.  Im not counting Miami out

Indiana, Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago, & New Jersey are all better than the Heat right now...

Regime Mob - Yuk

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2006, 10:53:32 PM »
I dont think the Heat will win it all next year.  I dont think they had anyright winning it this year, lucky. I think Detroit, Chicago, Indiana and Cleveland have the chance to do better than Miami next year.  And if I were them I wouldnt of resigned Payton

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2006, 11:47:15 PM »
LMAO at the haters  ;D

SGV

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2006, 12:55:19 AM »
The Heat won't get praise here. This entire section is full of Laker fans (or groupies in some cases) who can't give it up to Shaq and the Heat.

ecrazy

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2006, 01:31:03 AM »
NIK, how does a team get lucky in basketball? does the ball just happen to magically enter the rim everytime they release it from there hands and throw it towards the basket? Please Explain

PLANT

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2006, 04:05:29 AM »
no shit, and how the f are the cavs and pacers better than the heat?   thats a bullshit statement....at least you could give SOME credit to the NBA champs.....

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2006, 09:48:09 AM »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2006, 09:48:42 AM »
NIK, how does a team get lucky in basketball? does the ball just happen to magically enter the rim everytime they release it from there hands and throw it towards the basket? Please Explain

It's called biased reffing, genius...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2006, 09:50:05 AM »
Shaq and the Heat.

Sorry, but it's no longer "Shaq & the Heat"...It's currently "Dwyane Wade, excessive free throws, & the Heat"...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2006, 10:12:23 AM »
no shit, and how the f are the cavs and pacers better than the heat?   thats a bullshit statement....at least you could give SOME credit to the NBA champs.....

Hmmm, lets see...The Pacers and Cavs both made off-season moves and adjustments...The Heat, IMO, weren't that much better than a team like the Cavs in the first place and didn't do ANYTHING this off-season... add the AGING factor for the Heat, and it's pretty accurate to say the Cavs will be better than the Heat next season...As for the Pacers, they've added Al Harrington and got a lot of young talent, they should also be better than the Heat...

Cavs-
PG Eric Snow...Damon Jones/David Wesley
SG Larry Hughes...Eddie Basden/Shannon Brown
SF LeBron James...Luke Jackson/Ira Newble
PF Drew Gooden...Donyell Marshall/Aleksandar Pavlovic
C Zydrunas Ilgauskas...Anderson Varejao/Scot Pollard

Pacers-
PG Jamaal Tinsley...Sarunas Jasikevicius/Darrell Armstrong
SG Stephen Jackson...Marquis Daniels/Orien Green
SF Danny Granger...James White/Rawle Marshall
PF Al Harrington...Josh Powell/Shawne Williams
C Jermaine O'Neal...Jeff Foster/David Harrison

Heat-
PG Jason Williams...Gary Payton/Chris Quinn
SG Dwyane Wade...Derek Anderson/Vincent Grier
SF James Posey...Jason Kapono/Dorell Wright
PF Udonis Haslem...Antoine Walker/Wayne Simien
C Shaquille O'Neal...Alonzo Mourning/Michael Doleac

...Are any of those teams really significantly better?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 10:29:21 AM by Now_I_Know »

Regime Mob - Yuk

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2006, 10:23:56 AM »
the heat did get lucky last year, everyone knows it.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2006, 11:45:22 AM »
the heat did get lucky last year, everyone knows it.

not lucky - spoiled. 4 fuckin games decided by last second free-throws. for once, mark cuban has every right to be pissed.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Regime Mob - Yuk

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2006, 12:12:09 PM »
Yeah I mean the Heat were good obviousley, but in the finals I have never seen worse officiating in my life.  Wade is a great player but he gets loads of help from thge league.  Like I said, Cle, Ind, Det, and Chi all might be better than Mia this year.

ecrazy

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2006, 01:39:02 PM »

It's called biased reffing, genius...
Really? Wow! and if there is biased reffing, then why isnt there a Movement in the NBA trying to stop this? why arnt the coaches, Players and owners who want a stop to this speaking up? i guess there is no need, since your doing it for them! Way to go Elior! Keep up the good work! ;D