Author Topic: Snoop Addresses The New West *VIDEO*  (Read 980 times)

PLANT

Re: Snoop Addresses The New West *VIDEO*
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 07:31:12 PM »
living in 1997 won't help the west move forward...
dude, who the fuck is living in 1997?  not me, not anyone else...do you think Snoop makes music like its 1997?  Infact, hes prolly one of the only ones whos keeping with the times and creating fresh material.  Like it or not, Snoop keeps it moving.  Same as people like JayZ, Outkast, Nas ect. those dudes were all making albums in 1997, and still are at the top of their game today.  It aint like just cuz Outkast is old they cant make dope music, and at the same time rep Atlanta with all the younger cats.   Same thing Snoop is trying to do. 

stop being a hater

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 07:33:08 PM »
dude, who the fuck is living in 1997?  not me, not anyone else...do you think Snoop makes music like its 1997?  Infact, hes prolly one of the only ones whos keeping with the times and creating fresh material.  Like it or not, Snoop keeps it moving.  Same as people like JayZ, Outkast, Nas ect. those dudes were all making albums in 1997, and still are at the top of their game today.  It aint like just cuz Outkast is old they cant make dope music, and at the same time rep Atlanta with all the younger cats.   Same thing Snoop is trying to do. 

stop being a hater
the reason why they moving up is the hip hop is confuse...i think everyone is confuse of where hip hop needs to go.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 07:54:26 PM »

stop being a hater
the reason why they moving up is the hip hop is confuse...i think everyone is confuse of where hip hop needs to go.

It's space for it to go in all different kinds of directions. I am sure they asked the same thing in 93 where everybody was on a different tip...some gangsta, some comical, some straight party, some conscious, some underground soundin, some crossover R&B soundin. I think it's space for everything, even the snap music that will get laughed at in ten years.

WestMental

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 08:03:04 PM »
I seeb wht Snoop's saying. But everybody saying the New West lost is talking kinda crazy in my opinion. It don't have to be one against the other, of course the old west has the upper hand,, they have the fame & noteriety. Let's start thinking bigger and get out of that one must fail for the other to suceed mentality!

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006, 08:12:33 PM »
in my opinion....they should do a compilation!...with the whole west coast in it, its not that hard to do...fuck a crew or New West old west bulllshit get together and put out some Good music  R-Tistic I know u can work on something...u need to show them whats up

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2006, 10:14:09 PM »
Hmm....doesn't sound like he was sayin anything negative to them.

As far as the main cats who rep the "New West", they all respect Snoop and vice versa....and they've been in videos with him and all else. So if anbody, he's probably talkin to the cats who aren't even signed to any major companies.

And just to let it be known....without sayin any names, there are actually a few young ass rappers around L.A. who don't respect Snoop anywhere near as much as they should. I remember when 213 was about to come out, and one of the youngsters who may or may not be under the "New West" title was talkin bout "fuck no I ain't buyin that shit, it's gonna be wack. Snoop ain't even dope anymore, he needs to hang it up" and for a non-rapper to talk that's cool....but for somebody who might even have to go under Snoop or Snoop's affiliates to be talkin at that level, that's hella disrespectful. And believe me, there are many young L.A. rappers who give WAY MORE props to Jay-Z and Biggie than they do to Ice Cube and Snoop, which is damn near blasphemy in my opinion.

names nigga. start droppin names like 50
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Quadruple OG

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2006, 02:15:14 PM »

stop being a hater

I'm not being a hater.  I'm being real.  Most of the people in this forum live in the past, and it's very apparent.  If you need proof, look at the topics in this forum.  Notice how there are only a handful of topics about artists that have come out within the last couple years.  Everything else is Snoop this, Daz that, Cube this, Kurupt that, quik this, Ras Kass that, etc.  Those guys have been around for over 15 years and it just seems repetative to talk about them when a good 70-80% have fallen off hard.  Not to mention with all the new talent in the west, true west coast fans should be giving them a chance by listening to them and making posts about the newer cats.  Building a buzz for these new artists will help get them signed and noticed by major labels, like with Bishop Lamont/Aftermath, Roccett/Jeezy's label, and G.Malone/Sony.  These guys are the ones that really need the attention so they can build a fan base so that they can sell records/mixtapes.  Snoop, Quik, Cube, etc. didn't have a huge fan base from the first day they picked up a mic (although with some of the Snoop fanatics on this board they might argue this), they built their reputations through mixtapes to get noticed.  Older west coast cats weren't holding them back and trying to steal their shine.  The vets on the west coast shouldn't be trying to draw attention to themselves.  I'm gonna post the Pac quote again because it's relevant to some west coast artists that just don't know when to call it quits.

"All you old rappers tryin' to advance,
It's all over now, take it like a man"

d-nice

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2006, 02:37:48 PM »

stop being a hater

I'm not being a hater.  I'm being real.  Most of the people in this forum live in the past, and it's very apparent.  If you need proof, look at the topics in this forum.  Notice how there are only a handful of topics about artists that have come out within the last couple years.  Everything else is Snoop this, Daz that, Cube this, Kurupt that, quik this, Ras Kass that, etc.  Those guys have been around for over 15 years and it just seems repetative to talk about them when a good 70-80% have fallen off hard.  Not to mention with all the new talent in the west, true west coast fans should be giving them a chance by listening to them and making posts about the newer cats.  Building a buzz for these new artists will help get them signed and noticed by major labels, like with Bishop Lamont/Aftermath, Roccett/Jeezy's label, and G.Malone/Sony.  These guys are the ones that really need the attention so they can build a fan base so that they can sell records/mixtapes.  Snoop, Quik, Cube, etc. didn't have a huge fan base from the first day they picked up a mic (although with some of the Snoop fanatics on this board they might argue this), they built their reputations through mixtapes to get noticed.  Older west coast cats weren't holding them back and trying to steal their shine.  The vets on the west coast shouldn't be trying to draw attention to themselves.  I'm gonna post the Pac quote again because it's relevant to some west coast artists that just don't know when to call it quits.

I hear what your saying. Real Talk. But it is hard to get into alot of the "new west" material because alot of them do not have deals. We as fans can't get them one. Tech has always been one of my favs, but I am losing patience waiting for a record from him. Crooked I too. Glasses Malone I think is really the only one out of the group that seems to have a deal in place that will allow him to drop something. Maybe the old west needs to help put these rappers on, but people are acting like they have all the money. Yes they do have deals for themselves, but only a handful actually made any profit to do that. Hell you got Snoop putting Eiht and Kam out. I think everyone just needs to focus on the music instead of worrying what Snoop thinks or WC or complaining because I am new to the game. But defintely all this sly talking and arguing ain't puttin the west back on top. Hell start indie for a while a build a buzz up that way. At least it is a venue to get your music heard. 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 03:02:49 PM by d-nice »

d-nice

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2006, 02:47:51 PM »
I like that idea of a compilation Hercy said. The closet thing we had to 1 was Crazy Toones mixtape. Make it like a double album and pair west coast mcs young and old. Like that Ant Banks Big Thangs compilation with the Bay and SC. Get all wc producers on it and just let them bust on it.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2006, 03:01:57 PM »

stop being a hater

I hear what your saying. Real Talk. But it is hard to get into alot of the "new west" material because alot of them do not have deals. We as fans can't get them one. Tech has always been one of my favs, but I am losing patience waiting for a record from him. Crooked I too. Glasses Malone I think is really the only one out of the group that seems to have a deal in place that will allow him to drop something. Maybe the old west needs to help put these rappers on, but people are acting like they have all the money. Only a handful actually made any profit to do that. Hell you got Snoop putting Eiht and Kam out. I think everyone just needs to focus on the music instead of worrying what Snoop thinks or WC or complaining because I am new to the game. But defintely all this sly talking and arguing ain't puttin the west back on top. 

I agree that the sly talking needs to stop.  a REAL western conference needs to take place with all west coast artists, not just those that Snoop chose to reach out to.  The thing about the New west people is that they are on their grind with the mixtapes and with issuing tracks to websites like wcrydaz, dubcnn, etc. to get promotion going.  And the funny thing, and this is mostly something for fans of east coast rappers, a lot of their best music is on mixtapes.  A lot of times you'll hear "why wasn't (fill in the name of a mixtape track) on the album?  that song was hot" from fans of artists. 

As far as Crooked I and Techniec go, I wouldn't necessarily put them into the New West Category because they've been around for years (Tech on 'Doggfather' and on the Hoo-Bangin' album, and Crook being out since '99).  I'm talking about the artists that are hungry and looking to establish their place on the west coast.

d-nice

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2006, 03:13:29 PM »
^^^ I most def agree with that. There are alot of ways for artists now to get their music out there but I know alot of them want those label deals. Someone needs to start or help get a west coast based indie label started to help get these albums out there.

$Eg2$

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2006, 03:19:12 PM »

stop being a hater

Thats the realest shit ive read here homie real talk

WestCoasta

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2006, 03:21:35 PM »
I'm so sick of that "living in the past" shit

bitch shut the fuck up, ain't nobody living in the past

that's such a cop out in an argument to try to discredit someone else's response

$Eg2$

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2006, 03:54:22 PM »

that's such a cop out in an argument to try to discredit someone else's response

get snoops old wrinkled dick out ya mouth so every1 gotta go through snoop huh Snoop says jump every1 else suppose to say how high ???  I'm all 4 respectin the legends but Fuck the legends if they dont respect you yeah they paved the way 4 alot of catz but in the end your still your own man. Who has Snoop put out anyways??? Soopafly been sittin his ass on the bench for years cali iz active was garbage snoop aint puttin anybody on.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2006, 04:42:13 PM »

if nobody is living in the past, then why are the majority of the posts on this part of the forum about the same people (Snoop, Daz, Kurupt, Cube, Quik, tray Deee, etc.) that have been around for over a decade?

Bring some facts to this thread and maybe someone will take you seriously