Author Topic: Rockets sign Bonzi Wells to 2 yr deal.  (Read 481 times)

truedupbluedup

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Rockets sign Bonzi Wells to 2 yr deal.
« on: September 27, 2006, 11:13:19 PM »
big move for Rockets, if Yao and TMac stay healthy which is a big if and Swift shows up with Bonzi they could be dangerous.  I know Kevin Martin is real good but Sac is going to miss Bonzi alot.  Bonzi is unguardable in the post against other 2's and 3's, plus he is a very good defender, has that Artest type intensity and grabs 7,8 rebounds as a shooting guard, the man can play.

GangstaBoogy

Re: Rockets sign Bonzi Wells to 2 yr deal.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 11:37:07 PM »
I'm glad he's still in the West.

Damn Houston is finally making moves. Like you said, if McGrady & Yao can stay healthy then they could be dangerous. Yao, McGrady, Battier, and B.Wells  :o
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

truedupbluedup

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 11:39:20 PM »
wow I forgot to mention Battier, what a great aquisition that was.  Houston is on the rise.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 05:38:07 AM »
The talent is there, now we just need them to stay healthy.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 05:50:11 AM »
AMAZING starting 5.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 10:03:19 AM »

Why? Are you not a Laker fan? LOL...The stronger the west gets, the tougher the Lakers road to elite status gets. I believe Houston has a nice roster, their problem is always getting them all together to play. Too bad they couldn't pick up Mike James, then they'd really be dangerous...As of now, I predict they will still have to fight for a playoff spot, probably capturing the 7th or 8th seed...

Houston Rockets:
PG Rafer Alston...Luther Head/John Lucas III
SG Bonzi Wells...Kirk Snyder/Bob Sura
SF Tracy McGrady...Chuck Hayes/Casey Jacobsen
PF Shane Battier...Juwan Howard/Ryan Bowen
C Yao Ming...Dikembe Mutombo/Steve Novak

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 10:45:07 AM »
wow I forgot to mention Battier, what a great aquisition that was.  Houston is on the rise.

yeeah i thought you were a Laker fan  ???

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 10:46:18 AM »

Why? Are you not a Laker fan? LOL...The stronger the west gets, the tougher the Lakers road to elite status gets. I believe Houston has a nice roster, their problem is always getting them all together to play. Too bad they couldn't pick up Mike James, then they'd really be dangerous...As of now, I predict they will still have to fight for a playoff spot, probably capturing the 7th or 8th seed...

Houston Rockets:
PG Rafer Alston...Luther Head/John Lucas III
SG Bonzi Wells...Kirk Snyder/Bob Sura
SF Tracy McGrady...Chuck Hayes/Casey Jacobsen
PF Shane Battier...Juwan Howard/Ryan Bowen
C Yao Ming...Dikembe Mutombo/Steve Novak

yeah and can TMAC stay healthy all year I DOUBT IT same with Bonzi, he got hurt alot last year 2...they still got work to do

The Best of 3 Worlds

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 01:59:47 AM »
niggas, yall is trippin... last year they sucked cause they were the most unlucky team with their injuries... everyone and their moma was injured. but look at their starting 5, shit is just sick.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2006, 11:39:31 AM »
niggas, yall is trippin... last year they sucked cause they were the most unlucky team with their injuries... everyone and their moma was injured. but look at their starting 5, shit is just sick.

Who's tripping? You really think they'll be a premier team in the west?

Citizen-Y

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2006, 02:29:26 PM »

You really think they won't if they are healthy?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2006, 02:45:27 PM »

If they're ALL healthy the whole year (which they won't be), they can go as high as a 5th seed, MAYBE 4th...Like I said though, they'll probably be struggling for the 7th or 8th seed...Lakers >> Rockets.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2006, 05:22:51 PM »

If they're ALL healthy the whole year (which they won't be), they can go as high as a 5th seed, MAYBE 4th...Like I said though, they'll probably be struggling for the 7th or 8th seed...Lakers >> Rockets.

McGrady's back can go out just as well as Kobe's shoulder going out.  Injuries are the one thing that happens in sport that no one can predict. 

Edit:  I really don't care about the Lakers.  Kobe Bryant is the best player in the NBA and I respect that but blind homerism is just plain annoying.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 07:07:37 PM by Citizen-Y »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2006, 08:05:39 PM »

McGrady's back can go out just as well as Kobe's shoulder going out.  Injuries are the one thing that happens in sport that no one can predict. 

Edit:  I really don't care about the Lakers.  Kobe Bryant is the best player in the NBA and I respect that but blind homerism is just plain annoying.

lol Kobe just played 80 games this season. I'm not sayin he can't get injured, but he's not injury prone. has McGrady ever played 70+ games?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Cowboy

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2006, 08:09:10 PM »
Boner Wells sucks and so does the Rockets